• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gameboy415

Quick recap of the amiibo news from the Japanese Nintendo Direct:

Fire Emblem: If for 3DS will support Marth, Ike, Robin, & Lucina amiibo - tap the figure to battle that character in the new 'My Castle' mode.

fireemblemifamiibo.png

Guru Guru Chibi Robo for 3DS, a new 2D platform-action game, will release this fall in Japan alongside a Chibi Robo amiibo (YES!!) that can be leveled up in-game and unlocks 'Super Chibi Robo' in the main game.

chibiroboguruguru.png

Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer for 3DS will have both retail & digital versions, including a bundle that includes the amiibo adapter for legacy 3DS handhelds.
The Animal Crossing amiibo cards will be sold in random 3-packs for 300円 (about $1/card). There will also be a special New 3DS LL with the game pre-installed & 1 amiibo card, plus a faceplate for New 3DS.

animalcrossingoptions.png

The amiibo 3DS adapter will also be available separately for 2500円 in Japan:

3dsadapterboxed.png

They also re-confirmed that Yoshi's Wooly World will support up to 40 different amiibo and allow you to unlock patterns based on the amiibo you scan, as seen in this Nintendo UK video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlBR2dJ_mGw

*Feel free to use my pics elsewhere, but please credit amiibros.com if you do! :)

Josh5890

Not sure if it was mentioned, but Fire Emblem: If will have support for certain amiibo. Guess which ones!

That now makes not one, but TWO games with unlockables from and ONLY from what are currently among the rarest amiibo. That is complete bullshit, Nintendo.

I think Nintendo will release a 4 pack of all four Fire Emblem characters
Maybe 100 copies

dcx4610

For us poor bastards that didn't manage to get Ness, has there been any talk of when Gamestop will get restocks or if he will be put on their site?

Quick recap of the amiibo news from the Japanese Nintendo Direct.
Thanks for this. I'll be getting Happy Home Designer but, and I'm saying this as a huge Animal Crossing fan, I'll likely be staying away from the cards. As nice as they look, I've collected enough cards in my time and they don't hold the same attraction as figures do and can't be displayed as nicely. If Nintendo ever does announce actual Animal Crossing amiibo figures then RIP in peace my (hardly even there) wallet.

Tomita

Oh man, any idea on the price of the Animal Crossing + amiibo adapter bundle?

Never played an Animal Crossing before, but I'm actually tentatively interested in this Home Designer game. Why, me?

The FE amiibo game additions for the FE game sound stupid.

Korosenai

Looks like i'm getting a refund on my Charizard and Lucina. The person helping me said they got a lot of emails and people upset about it with how they were packaging the amiibos.

Thanks to the fuck up from some lazy dude in their packaging center, I get a free Charizard and Lucina.

Gartooth

Doing pretty good on Amiibos. I've missed Villager, Marth (why did I miss you a second time!!), Jigglypuff, Greninja, and Ness. Don't care about getting any of the Super Mario line Amiibo aside from Toad whom I already have.

I'm going to need a second shelf soon though. The Smash line ate up my only one, and I currently have Toad and the Splatoon trio chilling near my TV.

Fox Mulder

Looks like i'm getting a refund on my Charizard and Lucina. The person helping me said they got a lot of emails and people upset about it with how they were packaging the amiibos.

Thanks to the fuck up from some lazy dude in their packaging center, I get a free Charizard and Lucina.

Good. Retailers need to start giving a shit about this stuff.

I'm tired of getting dented steelbooks and crushed blurays with amazons cheap ass packaging.

Gameboy415

Thanks for this. I'll be getting Happy Home Designer but, and I'm saying this as a huge Animal Crossing fan, I'll likely be staying away from the cards. As nice as they look, I've collected enough cards in my time and they don't hold the same attraction as figures do and can't be displayed as nicely. If Nintendo ever does announce actual Animal Crossing amiibo figures then RIP in peace my (hardly even there) wallet.

Agreed.
I like the idea of having amiibo cards for games with an immense amount of characters (like Animal Crossing & Pokemon) and as a lower priced option for people that don't want figures, but I hate random packs.
If there are actually going to be ~95 cards as many other have speculated, getting a full set with only 3 random cards per pack will be a nightmare. That said, I'm sure I'll end up buying a display box of packs if I can afford it, haha.

Oh man, any idea on the price of the Animal Crossing + amiibo adapter bundle?

Never played an Animal Crossing before, but I'm actually tentatively interested in this Home Designer game. Why, me?

The FE amiibo game additions for the FE game sound stupid.

Ah shoot, I posted the prices on my site but forgot to post them here - sorry!

Adapter = 2500円
Game = 4000円
Game + Adapter Bundle = 5000円

How much is 2500 yen in US$? I'm gonna need the legacy add on for sure.

google tells me it is roughly $20.15

The exchange rate obviously fluctuates, but 100円=$1 is usually fairly accurate for a lot of stuff.
There are a lot of '100円 stores' in Japan that are basically their version of (upscale) Dollar Stores and the cost of most gaming accessories in yen (not games) end up being around the same price in USD.
Just pop a decimal point before the tens place and you can get a rough estimate of yen->dollars: a SSB Mario amiibo retails for 1296円 in Japan and $12.99 in the US, a Wii Remote Plus is 3909円 in Japan and $39.99 in the US, etc.

O.v.e.rlord

Banned
Oh Man! I want amiibo support in all nintendo games!!! Make this happen Nintendo!

Example: Get Xenoblade X Tap Samus on the nfc reader, and Booom!!! Her she comes in her space ship! Lands, gets in her own mech and comes up to me and says "lets go on adventures together." Me: with a tear running down my cheek "Yes, yes, let's do that!"

I can go on all day about what games I with had amiibo support but I wont lol

VICI0US

Current collection. I will start getting the commons slowly while patiently waiting for the reprints.
Yeah, patiently lol.

looks like you fared pretty well this wave, congrats!

It took some doing--waiting at gamestop for an hour+ to get a ness pre-order when their servers died, waiting at target/tru for close to 2 hours each on release day, and getting super lucky on amazon with lucina--but Imanaged to get everything but robin.. guess i'm stuck waiting on the reprint with that one

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Fire Emblem: If for 3DS will support Marth, Ike, Robin, & Lucina amiibo - tap the figure to battle that character in the new 'My Castle' mode.
Nintendo please tell me this means you will keep reprinting them. All I wanted was Zelda and Lucina. I have Zelda, but you made like 2000 Lucinas or something.

Guru Guru Chibi Robo for 3DS, a new 2D platform-action game, will release this fall in Japan alongside a Chibi Robo amiibo (YES!!) that can be leveled up in-game and unlocks 'Super Chibi Robo' in the main game.

chibiroboguruguru.png
OMGGGGGG

HardRojo

looks like you fared pretty well this wave, congrats!

It took some doing--waiting at gamestop for an hour+ to get a ness pre-order when their servers died, waiting at target/tru for close to 2 hours each on release day, and getting super lucky on amazon with lucina--but Imanaged to get everything but robin.. guess i'm stuck waiting on the reprint with that one
What baffles me is that the FE Amiibo are compatible with more games than others yet they are still very scarce. Hopefully Nintendo will dedicate next year to replenishing stock for all the unicorns and very rare Amiibo.

Anime

Neo Member
What baffles me is that the FE Amiibo are compatible with more games than others yet they are still very scarce. Hopefully Nintendo will dedicate next year to replenishing stock for all the unicorns and very rare Amiibo.

Its good to have hope buts its even better to have realistic ones.

They are not in it to please fans, as noted they just produce the bare minimum needed for profit and move on to the next.The recent Marth restock strengthens this notion.

HardRojo

They are not in it to please fans, as noted they just produce the bare minimum needed for profit and move on to the next.The recent Marth restock strengthens this notion.
I don't think they'll do big sets again so they could use that chance to start restocking rare Amiibo little by little. I still expect small sets dedicated to Zelda and other franchises, maybe sets of 6 or so Amiibo, not 50+ like Smash.

Yeah, also remember, Nintendo doesn't make Amiibo to sell Amiibo. They make Amiibo to drive software sales. They're probably annoyed Amiibo are selling out to collectors.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think they'll do big sets again so they could use that chance to start restocking rare Amiibo little by little. I still expect small sets dedicated to Zelda and other franchises, maybe sets of 6 or so Amiibo, not 50+ like Smash.

This would be nice. Splatoon seemed to do with with stock, with only a few skus in set. Very little, easy to restock if needed. Same thing with Yarn Yoshi. But Nintendo, a non-toy maker, makes the endeavor of releasing OVER 50 SKUS WITHIN 1 YEAR is still insane, now that I think about it more. Too much in such a short time, underestimating the characters that have HUGE followers, although nice, and the insanity that's come out of it.

I think I'm ready for Wave 5 though, but who knows when they will put those up for pre-order or what they will even be doing about it :/

Velcro Fly

If the cards do well and demand is able to be met I don't doubt in the future them releasing bigger sets through cards and not figures.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
If the cards do well and demand is able to be met I don't doubt in the future them releasing bigger sets through cards and not figures.

I feel like cards would probably be bigger in Japan than it would here. Cards are still decently big, but not quite as much as collectible figures of characters we've never had localized as toys before. Kid Icarus cards are an example, but once again, Nintendo sucked with distributing those in NA. Europe got super lucky, and the binder looked great too :(

graydient

Neo Member
My Robin order from TigerDirect is now listed as "Status: All Backordered":

"All Backordered - These items are currently on backorder, and will ship as soon as we receive stock on them."

Sooo, probably going to be inevitably cancelled. :(

Drago

Amazon JP still has the yarn Yoshis up for preorder. I wasn't really planning on importing them, I can wait, but... eh, why not. Ordered a Green one, I don't want them in blue or pink. I could always cancel before launch too.

What I'm really waiting for now are Chibi-Robo preorders. I will die inside if I miss those.

Agreed.
I like the idea of having amiibo cards for games with an immense amount of characters (like Animal Crossing & Pokemon) and as a lower priced option for people that don't want figures, but I hate random packs.
If there are actually going to be ~95 cards as many other have speculated, getting a full set with only 3 random cards per pack will be a nightmare. That said, I'm sure I'll end up buying a display box of packs if I can afford it, haha.
Agree on all points.They're going to be a real pain.

Amiibro

Agree on all points.They're going to be a real pain.

random is a PITA but at the same time it will be cool because we can trade extras with Amiibros. I did this with the Disney Infinity Discs and it really wasn't that bad.

What we need to worry about is if they decide to do ultra rare 1:100 cards and stuff like that. If its just 3 random cards with a pretty equal rarity it won't be bad at all.

HUELEN10

So guys, someone on Craigslist is selling, and my roomie can only get one.

Question is this: what will be harder to get down the line, Lucina or Robin?

bigkrev

So guys, someone on Craigslist is selling, and my roomie can only get one.

Question is this: what will be harder to get down the line, Lucina or Robin?

If this makes any sense, Lucina will be more desirable, but Robin will be harder to find. No idea which one ends up more expensive.

Kilau

So yeah, I got my Amazon delivery today of Wario, Charizard and Robin. Big box that they then crammed the amiibo into at awkward angles, Charizard box a bit smashed and robin plastic case dented in.

There was plenty of room but its apparent they literally just tossed these into the boxes to get rid them as fast as they could.

Korosenai

So yeah, I got my Amazon delivery today of Wario, Charizard and Robin. Big box that they then crammed the amiibo into at awkward angles, Charizard box a bit smashed and robin plastic case dented in.

There was plenty of room but its apparent they literally just tossed these into the boxes to get rid them as fast as they could.

Same thing happened to me and others. Contact them and let them know, they'll give you your money back and let you keep the amiibos.

to give an idea of best buy canada's stock situation

in stock:
pacman
all marios
all luigis
all peaches
all bowsers
all yoshis
shiek
link
zelda

out of stock: