• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

kunonabi

Well with my recent pick ups(Splatoon trio, Toad, Sonic, and Pac-man) I'm mostly caught up. The Super Mario edition of Peach, Dedede, and Lucina are really the only ones I need. As future waves go I just want Chibi Robo, Zero Suit Samus, Palutena, Ganondorf, and a wool Yoshi.

O.v.e.rlord

Banned
Zero Suit Samus, Palutena.

qKPQS7J.gif

D-Man

Finally got my Ness and Pac-Man package from GameStop. The boxes are in great condition and the figures look fantastic.

Now I just have to wait for my Shulk order to get shipped and I can rest until Palutena and ZSS are up for pre-orders.

hobart

I've got Jigglypuff to trade for Robin or Lucina. Amazon really got me got me good on them just like everyone else. Other than those two... I'm good on this wave. Let me know if someone is willing to part.

Hey all.

Is anyone around these parts selling a Ness or possibly looking for a trade? I have a Gold Mario I want to unload and I'm really hoping to trade for a Ness, though I'm open to negotiating.

Or if anyone has a Robin or Jigglypuff that they're selling I'm definitely interested.

Hahahaha omfg, my Robin just came in from Amazon and it's got a slight bend on the card's corner exactly like the one on my Lucina. What the hell is with people just flinging these things by the tip of the box? It really sucks.

Granted, I have a Robin already and will probably end up unboxing this one, but still, the coincidence was just too much for me.

Not willing to part with it, are you?

;-;

kirby_fox

Banned
So does anyone want to trade a Ness for a Gold Mario?

Is that even a fair trade? haha

I have a feeling that everyone who has a Ness at this point either has already sold it, has a trade in place, or is hanging on to it.

As of now you could get whatever you needed for a Ness.

Gartooth

Wow, I didn't know the two Inklings were that rare. I saw 4 of each at a Meijer two days ago.

Also are Marth, Greninja, and Jigglypuff all impossible now?

Toki767

Wow, I didn't know the two Inklings were that rare. I saw 4 of each at a Meijer two days ago.

They aren't really. I think at this rate, they're only sold out because people are picking up the leftovers from Friday.

No one was really buying them at the stores I went to.

Well crap, I swung by my Meijer again, only new amiibo left was 1 Inkling Boy, but I noticed the labels for Robin & Lucina were flipped around. I couldn't ask the employee since they were busy with other people & I had to get going, but I have a bad feeling they're not getting any more of the FE duo....
I hope this isn't true, as likely as it could be. I was hoping to luck out with them like I did when I found an extra Ike.

Duh, nobody wants anything to do with fire emblem over here. Not like Awakening sold really well, or they have another game coming out, or they have arguably the best usage in game with codename steam, or....

Toki767

Wonder if I can somehow trade a NA Jigglypuff for a NA Meta Knight.

Feel like Jigglypuff at the moment is way too common though.

RedBoot

Quality wise I am amazed at Wario. He's fantastic looking.

Same. I was going to wait for the inevitable classic Wario from the Mario line, but there were still Warios on the shelf when I went to buy Splatoon, and I decided to grab one because it looked so good.

I was equally impressed with the Charizard I got off Amazon. Really nice design.

There's a few other amiibo I ended up liking more when I saw them in-person (Bowser, Mega Man, Pit). I think there would be a possibility of people being impressed by these and buying more, if it were actually possible to find some of them on store shelves.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I hope this isn't true, as likely as it could be. I was hoping to luck out with them like I did when I found an extra Ike.
Well, they already told me to start checking Tuesday (employee said she wasn't sure when they got new gaming-related shipments in, suggested Thursday), so I guess I might as well if it's on my way to college. But damn it's gonna suck if I go in & it's just Wario/Pac-Man/Charizard.

LiK

got JP Jiggly and Greninja from Amazon Japan

got EU Robin and Lucina from Toki

the rest from various retailers.

only missing Ness, might need to just grab one on eBay.

Wonder if I can somehow trade a NA Jigglypuff for a NA Meta Knight.

Feel like Jigglypuff at the moment is way too common though.
Not where I am in Michigan. Unless I've been unlucky with timing and they're gone just before I get there. Did not see one the whole weekend.

Tyeforce

Anyone else getting frustrated with nicknames? I don't know what to do with them anymore... I'm not a fan of nicknames (I don't nickname my Pokémon, either), so my initial plan at launch was to just give the amiibo the actual name of the character; Mario would be named "Mario," etc. However, I soon realized that that plan wouldn't work out so well, since you're limited to 10 characters for amiibo nicknames...

At the time, I did what I could to name characters within this limitation, naming characters with longer name like Donkey Kong and Wii Fit Trainer just "DK" and "Trainer" for short, but I still wasn't happy with that... Then I discovered that you can actually set up an amiibo without a nickname with the amiibo Settings app. It doesn't default to the characters' original names or anything, but rather it just leaves their name blank, which was better and more consistent to me than what I was previously doing, so I removed the nicknames for all of our amiibo.

That was the ideal solution...until Splatoon. Splatoon doesn't allow you to use the Inkling amiibo unless you've given them nicknames. So, back to the beginning... I don't know what to do. For the time being, I nicknamed them "Girl," "Boy," and "Squid," but I don't really like that, and of course that makes them inconsistent with the other amiibo... I was going to name them "Inkling &#9792;" and "Inkling &#9794;," but then I wouldn't be able to fit "Inkling Squid" to go along with those... Ugh... >.<

That was the ideal solution...until Splatoon. Splatoon doesn't allow you to use the Inkling amiibo unless you've given them nicknames. So, back to the beginning... I don't know what to do. For the time being, I nicknamed them "Girl," "Boy," and "Squid," but I don't really like that, and of course that makes them inconsistent with the other amiibo... I was going to name them "Inkling &#9792;" and "Inkling &#9794;," but then I wouldn't be able to fit "Inkling Squid" to go along with those... Ugh... >.<

Wouldn't it just be Inkling? I'm no marine biologist.

I give most of them names like "Mariibo", "Fitiibo", etc.

I have given a couple special names, though

For example, my paper Mario one is named "It'sAmiibo"
My Samus is named "CANTCRAWL"

My Ness is named "Ness". Heh.

Well, they already told me to start checking Tuesday (employee said she wasn't sure when they got new gaming-related shipments in, suggested Thursday), so I guess I might as well if it's on my way to college. But damn it's gonna suck if I go in & it's just Wario/Pac-Man/Charizard.
Good luck to you.

Well I mean they're definitely sold out now.

But I'm sure there are more Jigglypuffs out there than Meta Knight.
Ah, okay. You're probably right.

Tyeforce

Wouldn't it just be Inkling? I'm no marine biologist.
Well, I suppose I could just name them all "Inkling," and that was actually what I was thinking about changing them to, but then there wouldn't be any distinction between the Inkling Girl, Inkling Boy, and Inkling Squid. Not that it matters, though, I suppose. That's probably what I'll end up doing...but that doesn't solve the issue of what to do about all the other amiibo's nicknames now. >.<

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone else getting frustrated with nicknames? I don't know what to do with them anymore... I'm not a fan of nicknames (I don't nickname my Pokémon, either), so my initial plan at launch was to just give the amiibo the actual name of the character; Mario would be named "Mario," etc. However, I soon realized that that plan wouldn't work out so well, since you're limited to 10 characters for amiibo nicknames...

At the time, I did what I could to name characters within this limitation, naming characters with longer name like Donkey Kong and Wii Fit Trainer just "DK" and "Trainer" for short, but I still wasn't happy with that... Then I discovered that you can actually set up an amiibo without a nickname with the amiibo Settings app. It doesn't default to the characters' original names or anything, but rather it just leaves their name blank, which was better and more consistent to me than what I was previously doing, so I removed the nicknames for all of our amiibo.

I named mine Sabrinka, Dominink, and Fantasquid.

Mr. Fantasquid didn't fit.

Muzy72

Banned
I feel like Tyeforce is the only one who understands my irrational needs for everything to be default. Default color, default name, everything default!!!

Seems all the complaints about packaging has worked. Just received an amiibo from Gamestop in what has to be the most padded package I have ever received. Cushion for at least 4 inches on every side of the box with amiibo nestled safely in the middle.

Tyeforce

I feel like Tyeforce is the only one who understands my irrational needs for everything to be default. Default color, default name, everything default!!!
Yes, yes, yes!! That's why I even went through the trouble of making default Miis for the Mii Fighter outfits (and to use with the eventual Mii Fighter amiibo, too)! Default is best! =P lol

BB, Target and Walmart are the best at shipping amiibos. No damage from them at all. Amazon and TRU can go fuck themselves.

Yeah, I got Pac-Man and Charizard from Amazon today and both cards were bent because they crammed them both in one box that was way too small.

I'm not going to complain and try to get any money back, since I'm going to open them anyway. I would be pretty pissed if I kept them sealed though.

Decided to check Best Buy after shopping at Target and it's a good thing I did. They had 4 Metaknights on the shelf. Snagged one since I've been missing him this whole time.

The cashier was anxious to get off work since she wanted to buy one herself and was afraid they would be sold out by the end of her shift.

hFkfkQU.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom