• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosXVI

I bet if they make a new Metroid, there will be a bundle exclusive Ridley amiibo...

...Can you imagine that kind of bloodbath?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Dear god... this will probably be the first Chibi Robo game to reach a million copies.
Welp, I don't see myself getting this.

Fox Mulder

Dear god... this will probably be the first Chibi Robo game to reach a million copies.
Welp, I don't see myself getting this.

me either, i dont see why it isnt a wiiu eshop game too from the video. makes it easy to pass though as i dont even have a 3ds.

Boogiepop

So I have a Target about 25 miles away with 20 Lucinas. and a few Jigglypuffs. If I wanted to get them for some gaffers whats the best way to go about it?
Make sure you call first to confirm the info before heading out. Brickseek can be misleading sometimes, iirc. Though if they are indeed there you'll definitely have GAF support in figuring it out (and I'd definitely be interested, for one, barring someone actually taking me up on a Jiggly for Lucina trade any time soon).

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Aw yeah, Ness from GameStop arrived in the mail right before I had to leave for class.

Might take a pic of him & my newest update of my collection once I return. Ness makes 22 now.

Adamator

Aaaaaand I just got the cancellation email from TigerDirect for my Robin order. Sigh. Good morning to you too, supid TigerDirect! Grrr.

Back to square one with Robin. My only trade is a Jigglypuff and a lot of people seem to be attempting that same trade.

:(

RootCause

Sorry to hear about the tiger cancellations. I was cancelled on the same day.

i feel like importing chibi, but if it comes around $30 I might just go for the bundle... But the are no guarantees of me being able to get one. Nintendo pulling this crap to force us to buy their games.

That was my reaction too except I will get it. I like me some Chibi. Well, as long as I don't miss out on it and people want charge me 100$+.

I did try to put in a pre-order for the yoshis at Gamezone.no yesterday and when I woke up this morning, they canceled the order saying they won't ship abroad. (I know they were slightly pricier but I just wanted to pay extra for the peace of mind.)

Can anyone share with me what their Greninja FedEx shipping information says for the weight and box size?

Oddly enough I didn't get a Fed-Ex tracking number even though they called it that. I wouldn't be too concerned with what the box size says, as that is often a guesstimate. TRU kind of has a bad track record for shipping stuff though (at least in my experience), so it could be as bad as a bent card/crushed blister or as good as mint condition when it arrives. It's a total crap shoot.

Aaaaaand I just got the cancellation email from TigerDirect for my Robin order. Sigh. Good morning to you too, supid TigerDirect! Grrr.

Back to square one with Robin. My only trade is a Jigglypuff and a lot of people seem to be attempting that same trade.

:(

At least they bothered cancelling on you. They're currently holding my $17 hostage for a backordered Lucina. Can't call them now, since I'm at work, but I suspect they never had her in stock and never will.

AdanVC

Honestly the new Chibi-Robo games doesn't look that good. Looks like another monotone 2d platformer as if we need more on Nintendo systems... But of course I'll be getting it just because of the damn amiibo hah.

FUUUUUCK

The Japanese seller on Amazon that I bought a JPN Single Squid from sent it in a fucking envelope.

Its coming from Japan IN A FUCKING ENVELOPE

Filed a claim because I requested a box and they ignored it.

Rocky

Banned
Toad and Silver Mario up on gamestop.com

And before you look, no Ness is not on there.

Silver Mario has been up on Walmart for a couple of days now as well. There's also over 1100 listings on ebay for him right now. Like Pac-Man he's a dud. It looks like people only wanted him for trading potential that's not quite panning out.

rjinaz

Silver Mario has been up on Walmart for a couple of days now as well. There's also over 1100 listings on ebay for him right now. Like Pac-Man he's a dud. It looks like people only wanted him for trading potential that's not quite panning out.

Yeah I looks like it will be far more common than I predicted. I still think that it won't be restocked and will eventually disappear from stores and will probably hover around $30 on the open market in 2 months time. Basically if you have one, hold on to it for a while.

GOLD Mario has very little trading potential, so it seemed obvious to me from the beginning that Silver Mario would be even more worthless.

rjinaz

GOLD Mario has very little trading potential, so it seemed obvious to me from the beginning that Silver Mario would be even more worthless.

It may not trade well but Gold Mario is one of the more valuable amiibo on the open market consistently hovering over the $40 mark.

ExVicis

I think the reason it seemed Gold Mario had little trade potential was because a lot of demand for looks to be from the resellers themselves or those who wanna use it to trade for what they do want. But in terms of value through rarity it still has that.

But if you think of utility, a Gold Mario is really no different than a regular Mario I'm believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom