• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjinaz

I think the reason it seemed Gold Mario had little trade potential was because a lot of demand for looks to be from the resellers themselves or those who wanna use it to trade for what they do want. But in terms of value through rarity it still has that.

But if you think of utility, a Gold Mario is really no different than a regular Mario I'm believe.

Yeah basically. All the collectors and traders were able to get one, so they don't need it. But the general population that is not in the know about amiibo but still buy them, didn't manage to get one so the demand is still there for them as it is impossible to buy in stores anywhere.

Drago

Yeah basically. All the collectors and traders were able to get one, so they don't need it. But the general population that is not in the know about amiibo but still buy them, didn't manage to get one so the demand is still there for them as it is impossible to buy in stores anywhere.
And unlike the Smash Bros characters there's no chance of a restock. Gold Mario is a one and done. At least, I'd be surprised if he got reprinted anyway.

Vidiot

Just got my Ness and Pacman in the mail from gamestop. Now to wait for Jigglypuff to arrive on Wednesday and wave 4 will be complete. :)

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Updated the OT again with the Chibi-Robo bundle! Figured he deserves his own section now.

CHIBI-ROBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I NEEEEEED YOU

Make sure you call first to confirm the info before heading out. Brickseek can be misleading sometimes, iirc. Though if they are indeed there you'll definitely have GAF support in figuring it out (and I'd definitely be interested, for one, barring someone actually taking me up on a Jiggly for Lucina trade any time soon).

I just called and they said they were out. But I've read the stories of employees lying about them.
wc5Cw2B.png

Adamator

What are some good reputable sites for import amiibo that actually have them in stock? I'm on the hunt for Robin and maybe Marth.

Sites along the lines of play-asia.

AdanVC

I've never imagine to see a Chibi-Robo amiibo. At this point Nintendo can make amiibo of pretty much every character they had created, no matter how niche or unknown can be and still sell loads just because it's an amiibo. At this point we can even get an amiibo of this random mouse from Earthbound.

A5nMnHQCEAA38xk.jpg

Updated the OT again with the Chibi-Robo bundle! Figured he deserves his own section now.

CHIBI-ROBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I NEEEEEED YOU

Thank for the Chibi-Update <3

Shoyz

I saw a lot of people speculate that the Chibi Robo amiibo would be Japan exclusive following the original announcement, and after seeing the bundle I wonder if amiibos are going to have the side-effect of encouraging localization for games that otherwise may not have come over?

At this point, not releasing an amiibo in NA is probably just giving up upwards of hundreds of thousands of guaranteed sales, and if the amiibo is coming over, why not the game its made for? Or maybe I'm overestimating their importance.

Toki767

I saw a lot of people speculate that the Chibi Robo amiibo would be Japan exclusive following the original announcement, and after seeing the bundle I wonder if amiibos are going to have the side-effect of encouraging localization for games that otherwise may not have come over?

At this point, not releasing an amiibo in NA is probably just giving up upwards of hundreds of thousands of guaranteed sales, and if the amiibo is coming over, why not the game its made for? Or maybe I'm overestimating their importance.

There's a big hole in that theory since Nintendo probably doesn't even produce 100,000 of certain amiibo.

The Marth restock was only like 5000.

Scoodlebap

Neo Member
I've never imagine to see a Chibi-Robo amiibo. At this point Nintendo can make amiibo of pretty much every character they had created, no matter how niche or unknown can be and still sell loads just because it's an amiibo.

This is the future we created. We did this.

Busaiku

My scalper edition Robin got here along with scalper edition Lucina. My Amazon Lucina is better quality, glad I managed to get that.
Robin probably looks best among the Fire Emblem crew.

Can finally start Codename S.T.E.A.M now.

kirby_fox

Banned
This is the future we created. We did this.

Yeah but it also means you'll get favorite niche characters as figures.

Also means that the next Smash is going to throw out ALL of the old characters for the most niche of niche characters so they can make new amiibo.

Drago

Also means that the next Smash is going to throw out ALL of the old characters for the most niche of niche characters so they can make new amiibo.
I never thought I'd live to see the day we get a Chibi Robo toy. I don't even care about the ingame functionality... I can have a Chibi Robo on my shelf.

Amiibos were worth it.

Scoodlebap

Neo Member

Whatever path takes me to Shantae and Custom Robo amiibo I'm okay with.

Rocky

Banned
Who's "we"? Some stores are bad with inventory, which is why I mentioned that, but it depends what stores.

You could sell the game then.

Yeah I'm sure it well sell real well along with the 1000s of others being sold by people that just wanted the amiibo.

I stopped opening my amiibos because I have no place to store them. I need to buy one of those baseball bat cases or something.

My wife is pushing to make a case herself... Don't know about that.

LiK

BB, Target and Walmart are the best at shipping amiibos. No damage from them at all. Amazon and TRU can go fuck themselves.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
As in my coworkers.

I just read before that it was another store, but didn't see a note that it was a different location that you worked at.

Yeah I'm sure it well sell real well along with the 1000s of others being sold by people that just wanted the amiibo.

Well, at least you can make something back from it. I mean, if it's someone's choice to go digital only and all, it's going to be a bit of a negative.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well crap, I swung by my Meijer again, only new amiibo left was 1 Inkling Boy, but I noticed the labels for Robin & Lucina were flipped around. I couldn't ask the employee since they were busy with other people & I had to get going, but I have a bad feeling they're not getting any more of the FE duo....

Fox Mulder

Honestly the new Chibi-Robo games doesn't look that good. Looks like another monotone 2d platformer as if we need more on Nintendo systems... But of course I'll be getting it just because of the damn amiibo hah.

Looks like a neat lower budget eshop game, not something I'd spend retail plus amiibo money on.

Hahahaha omfg, my Robin just came in from Amazon and it's got a slight bend on the card's corner exactly like the one on my Lucina. What the hell is with people just flinging these things by the tip of the box? It really sucks.

Granted, I have a Robin already and will probably end up unboxing this one, but still, the coincidence was just too much for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom