• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anarchy Reigns(NA/EU) |OT| Sega, I wish I could hate you to de- *$30* I LOVE YOU SEGA

Does the code comes inside the game or you get it like a preorder dlc bonus??

I´m not from Usa, so I can buy it on gamestop and the likes.

d0c_zaius

If any of you people want to add me for some multiplayer on PSN later, I'm rotothirteen.

sent you a request

Don't you dare 360 spam or I will infinite you lol

dont get hit by it? if you know infinites you should know how to get around 360 spam pretty easily. it can be pretty useful (especially 2v ___), and if people are dumb enough to keep getting hit by it, I'll abuse the hell out of it.

Naite

Damn Death ball is more fun than I expected it to be.

Then I ran into teammates who either play it like deathmatch or keep slamming the ball into the ground.

A couple of screen caps from last night. The fear on Sasha's face on the second pic cracks me up lol

VZoiy.jpg

Hfwvl.jpg

Nice, got Mathilda's down pat. Though the timing on the second mid-air punch is tricky.

Where do you get items? I see something about a message about randomizing items or something, but I never find them.
There's a slot machine in the form of a box with item icons flashing on it, when it's active it'll be apparent as it lights up and is hard to miss. You simply hit it and whatever item you randomize will be put in your inventory.

Other than that, you can find them from chests that you can punch open. Sometimes a random enemy will be running around with one of them.

Foxix Von

Yep I can go check at another store since its relatively close. I thought pre orders were handled differently though from store to store? I'll give it a shot though so thanks for the help!

I was just talking to a friend of mine that still works at GS about this. The other thing that may have happened is that you can have the code texted or emailed to you. It's possible that they erroneously selected that method and your contact info isn't correct in their system.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Welp, went out and bought it....

Should there be anything about the DLC on the outside of the package or is it all inside? I didn't pre-order, so I'm not sure if I'll get the stuff or not.

GolazoDan

Considering getting this because it's Platinum at a lower than normal price (plus they deserve it, took a bit of effort to even get it released!), I'm sure this has been asked a billion times before but should I go with 360 or PS3? Looks like most of the GAF is gonna be on PS3 and if there's a Japanese base... yeah, they'll be on PS3, but are there any differences in performance between the two aside from a smaller 360 community?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Considering getting this because it's Platinum at a lower than normal price (plus they deserve it, took a bit of effort to even get it released!), I'm sure this has been asked a billion times before but should I go with 360 or PS3? Looks like most of the GAF is gonna be on PS3 and if there's a Japanese base... yeah, they'll be on PS3, but are there any differences in performance between the two aside from a smaller 360 community?

360 version has screen tearing, PS3 version doesn't.

Foxix Von

Is there noway to disable voice chat in game or at the OS level on PS3? The crying I've encountered from teammates is fucking unbearable.

I don't think there is.

MMmmmm thinking about it if you're really serious about it and you have a headset you could just turn it on, mute it, put the volume on low and have all the voice chat go through there. Leave it on the floor or something and just forget it. Or if you have those higher end playstation headphones I think there's a mixer that adjusts game audio and voice chat, conceivably you can turn it down low to the point where you probably can't even hear it.

I don't think there is.

MMmmmm thinking about it if you're really serious about it and you have a headset you could just turn it on, mute it, put the volume on low and have all the voice chat go through there. Leave it on the floor or something and just forget it. Or if you have those higher end playstation headphones I think there's a mixer that adjusts game audio and voice chat, conceivably you can turn it down low to the point where you probably can't even hear it.

Ha i've already plugged in a usb headset and just left it under my PS3 stand. I was just hoping there was a way to mute voices without having to do that.

Thanks though.

Teknoman

Yep I can go check at another store since its relatively close. I thought pre orders were handled differently though from store to store? I'll give it a shot though so thanks for the help!

All they have to do is look up a back up code and print that. Unless they ran out of digital codes (which can happen, but I doubt it so soon).

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Go ahead and add me to the 360 list when you get a chance. GT is t0mat03.

No Bayonetta or DLC Modes for me.

I'm waiting for my copy to come in, 360 version I think.

In the meantime you guys can add me on live, gamertag is ShadowgeistX

And then we'll see when I can load up the game and start playing.

Ferrio

Banned
Play a cagematch if you're getting frustrated. They're a blast. If you find an opponent whose even with you, it's amazing.

Constant grabs, 360 spam and infinites....fun.....

Hit O to get out of grabs, take advantage of that.

360 spam doesn't hurt you that much, and you can see when they are about to rev it up.

And infinites only matter in 1v1. Any other time would be stupid, since that just leaves you wide open for others to gangbang you.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
360 version has screen tearing, PS3 version doesn't.

I've been playing it off and on since July and I honestly have seen no signs of screen tearing on my 46" Bravia. Also, I believe the online play is a little more stable over XBL than PSN. But, that's an opinion based on what I've read on this thread from people playing it over the different services.

Eusis

360 spam seems most useful for DeathBall anyway, that way you can knock them back and give you room for chasing again.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Bait it.

Actually, hit and run is effective here. Drop your combo and watch as they waste health trying to spam 360 out of it.

Yeah. Way japanese release evolved was that people almost stopped using spin completely because of how unsafe it was.

So I'm getting used to people spinning my block strings all over again lol

I've been playing it off and on since July and I honestly have seen no signs of screen tearing on my 46" Bravia. Also, I believe the online play is a little more stable over XBL than PSN. But, that's an opinion based on what I've read on this thread from people playing it over the different services.

It has very minimal screen tearing picked up by some device. Number was like 4%(whatever that means)

seems weird people are blowing that out of proportion while dismissing the framerate difference. They're both so minimal it doesn't even matter.

Uraizen

Banned
My code worked exactly 24 hours after after I was PM'd by Ruby. Good call, Ruby, and thanks for the help! Hell, it was my original pre-order code that worked, too.

I think my favourite mode is team battle. I love the class system, the goals, the shifting perks and the forced team-work. GAF WE MUST PLAY THIS MORE.

Current characters: Fei-Rin, Oinkie, Nikolai

Neiteio

So the Bayo codes are working now? I'll have to try again later.

Does anyone have trouble completing a multiplayer match, though? I lose the connection like two or three minutes from the end, usually, despite my console working fine online with all other games.

Mechazawa

Anyone know when/how you unlock the infinite dodge?

I'm surprised to see there isn't much talk about Zero these past few pages. He's practically the only character I can use consistently.

I was just talking to a friend of mine that still works at GS about this. The other thing that may have happened is that you can have the code texted or emailed to you. It's possible that they erroneously selected that method and your contact info isn't correct in their system.
Really appreciate the help and thanks again! (you too teknoman). The other gamestop I dropped by just gave me a spare code, quick and hassle free. Apparently the codes aren't generated on the receipt they came on a thin piece of paper that was supposed to be taped on the game cover itself.

Top Bottom