• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anarchy Reigns(NA/EU) |OT| Sega, I wish I could hate you to de- *$30* I LOVE YOU SEGA

Majukun

Try to track your order (trackmail.co.uk i think and tracking number from email). What does it say? Because they are scanning my order since 2 weeks ago and it didnt arrived yet.

i do not have the option to track it ,i had it last order i made,not on this..but was a pretty useless tracking really,didn't say much about how close it was to delivery

Ahhhh didn't realize there was a perk for that. Thanks!

Also what's infinite dodging?

I can't imagine he was having much fun. He really wasn't playing, just sitting on the side lines most of the game and finishing whoever he could pick off. It might give a high score but that sounds like a really boring way to play.

He can still be baited; pretend to be open and juggle his stupid ass all damn day.

Alright. Today is the day I cobble together a review. Who played with me again? I remember, like, six people or so.

Plus, tomorrow I'll have some tips up since the game is ass at explaining a lot of things. I'll do one about the general basics, and then a few more detailed ones as the weeks go by. If someone wants me to cover a character, I can do that as well.

kiyomi

Wow, I contacted the site I was ordering from and within a few minutes they replied saying it was their mistake and the game has now been sent! Fantastic.

Should arrive tomorrow.

How many people here are in the EU? I'd like to add some GAFers who aren't necessarily playing at 3AM, lol.

Mupod

360 online wasn't working at all Tuesday night but the few matches I did last night all went perfectly. Had a Mad Survival which got stopped cold by three Bar-bots that apparently use Cybrid Joe's moveset, they wiped us almost instantly because we weren't expecting it. Also ran into DarksydePhil which I kinda hope ends up on youtube. Apparently Bayonetta is extra unstoppable in rampage mode because her strong killer weapon is so fast, I didn't even know you could end a match early by getting too many points.

Finished Black side and I think I've got the hang of things now. Got a perfect on Durga on my first try with Leo, although it was just normal mode.

Last night online was ass for me. I don't know if I was unlucky or what, but no match worked right. I could maybe hit half the people in the match, and then eventually could not hit anyone even though they were on my screen. The one match that was working right got killed when the host left and it failed to migrate.

I want to love....I really do. I had a few GAF invites last night, so sorry if I ignored them, I was slightly frustrated and ready for bed by that point.

I'd like to be added to the OP, if possible:

amishpriest99; Amishpriest; PS3

Haven't had a lot of time the last couple of days, but I've at least gotten a couple of matches (one ctf, one survival) in online. Even though I was predictably bad, it was a lot of fun. The cool part about the ctf match I was in was getting into a one on one arena matchup in the middle of it. That I somehow won :). My partner dropped early in the match so I was left with a bot that wasn't very helpful.

Zefiro

Banned
Any news about the downloadable PS3 version yet?

When will it be available in Europe, and there will be a way to get the Bayonetta dlc?

Vercimber

Would anybody happen to have an extra PS3 Bayonetta/extra mode code they could spare? I'd gladly send you $5-8 via Paypal for your trouble. Please PM.

This game is amazing.

I did get the preorder code to work last night, btw. Bayonetta is a lot of fun to play as. Perhaps I should go and actually finish her game one of these days.

Neiteio

Last night online was ass for me. I don't know if I was unlucky or what, but no match worked right. I could maybe hit half the people in the match, and then eventually could not hit anyone even though they were on my screen. The one match that was working right got killed when the host left and it failed to migrate.

I want to love....I really do. I had a few GAF invites last night, so sorry if I ignored them, I was slightly frustrated and ready for bed by that point.
Use Custom Match and limit your matchmaking to whatever region you're in. Doesn't always work, but it helps.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
I did get the preorder code to work last night, btw. Bayonetta is a lot of fun to play as. Perhaps I should go and actually finish her game one of these days.

You haven't finished Bayonetta? What kinda monster are you?! 0_0

http://thescrubdaily.com/2013/01/10/anarchy-reigns-review-2/

Review is done. If we played and you don't see your name, lemme know and I'll fix it.

Good review, sucks you had such trouble with the netcode. Hopefully a wider release will change that. I do, however, dislike the word janky :p. The bulletpoint format is interesting, keeps your points discrete and concise but it does affect the flow of the piece, imo

1 comment: I think the lack of splitscreen is due to the nature of thr game. On their blog Platinum mention it being tough to get running at all on consoles, due to level size, random events and the character models. Each is as complex as that of a lead in a character based action game, so that none felt second rate.

I agree local multiplayer would be amazing though, shame it didn't happen.

Naite

Any advice for beating the Berserker Mutant in Leo's story on hard mode? I'm only taking off 2/3rds of his health before the timer runs out.

EDIT: nvm, I got it. Kept getting health items on my previous runs.

Riposte

Switched to Durga... think he is more my style. Still have issues baiting/reacting to 360 attacks, I think it might be an online thing I have to get over.

Getting a Battle Royale going seems near impossible.

Good review, sucks you had such trouble with the netcode. Hopefully a wider release will change that. I do, however, dislike the word janky :p. The bulletpoint format is interesting, keeps your points discrete and concise but it does affect the flow of the piece, imo

1 comment: I think the lack of splitscreen is due to the nature of thr game. On their blog Platinum mention it being tough to get running at all on consoles, due to level size, random events and the character models. Each is as complex as that of a lead in a character based action game, so that none felt second rate.

I agree local multiplayer would be amazing though, shame it didn't happen.

I'm hard on the game because I really like it. Just seems like a waste. A 1v1, at the least, would have been great. Oh well. Thanks for reading!

Riposte

A system link feature might have allowed this game to be played at tournaments if nothing else. Right now, that would be a pain.

Game isn't for everyone (no game should be) so its not surprising people won't like it, the demo being on the NA/EU stores would help people decide for themselves. But to be perfectly honest, at this pricepoint I'm prepared to take chances and try things out in order to show the industry that variable pricing works.

Worked out well in this case as I'm finding this game is a barrel of laughs, survival mode is my main port of call right now but I'm only just beginning to scratch the surface of all the online modes on offer (PSN ID in the OP).

I hated the repetition of Madworld and how awful the combat and movement system was.

Hmm, bit harsh but understandable, while the game has stunning visuals, memorable characters and some great writing (the Machiavellian Agent 13 being a particular favourite of mine) it falters with the gameplay mechanics not being fully realised. But I don't think those were the result of bad design choices, on the contrary I think its brilliant when it clicks, especially the idea of a deadly game show using a GTA1 points progressions system. It just seems like it needed more time in development to fully explore all these ideas and bring them together into a satisfying whole.

Which is one of the reasons its great to see some of the characters and concepts return in a new form with Anarchy Reigns. Still iI reckon that Madworld would be an ideal candidate for an HD reworking on Wii U with a similar deal to Bayonetta 2 being reached between Platinum Games, Sega and Nintendo.

Alright so at $30, I double dipped, though for right now I'm playing it on my PS3. I've just finished Campaign with Black's Red side, so to get White side's Red
and Gargoyle to unlock (barring the MP way)
I have go through the entire campaign again correct?
Because damn those free missions in Leo's 4th stage

Death ball seems to be the only thing that's ever up for me.

Is there any way to interrupt someone doing their "super shot" that seems to be a guaranteed goal? Seems silly to me for there to not be a way to stop it.

Just played my first round of death ball.

OOOHHH MYYY GOOODDDDD

That was awesome. We ran a tied game. We were always down by exactly one goal and constantly managed to come back up. Right as it was going to end I snagged the ball and just barely managed to toss it into the goal setting us into over time, we would have lost if I had tried to run it. So awesome.

Naite

Death ball seems to be the only thing that's ever up for me.

Is there any way to interrupt someone doing their "super shot" that seems to be a guaranteed goal? Seems silly to me for there to not be a way to stop it.

I heard you have to have the same elemental power (fire, ice, poison, etc) as the person doing the shot or be in rampage to catch a superstar shot .

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Can you replay the story missions wiith any character?.

Yep

I used Baron on some of the easy missions for the Platinum medals, since his delay attack does alot of low damage hits and allows you to get higher combo bonuses.

It's funny, some missions are actually ALOT easier to Platinum on Hard than the lower difficulties in this game because enemies can take more damage, resulting in a much higher scoring potential.

The only thing harder is the Boss fights, since Platinums are almost exclusively decided by keeping all your retries

You have to be the same element as the player and you just run into it. Every character with your element will result in your respective element icon showing up next to their health bar during lock-on

So the way the game is meant to be played I'm assuming is each team having one player of each element.

Even then though the mode is still silly as getting the ball and then popping Rampage usually results in an unstoppable free goal. Only way to stop it is to pop Rampage and hit them and then the game glitches out with who gets ball possession. It's weird.

Rampage shouldn't be in the mode or if it is it the goal meter shouldn't increase for a team while the ball is in the possession of someone in Rampage.

GolazoDan

Went for the 360 version, screen tearing be damned. Standing strong with my Xbox brothers. Gamertag's GolazoDan. Hopefully will get it tomorrow or Saturday.

Abylim

Picked up my copy, fucking crazy game, I love it! Paid $40 AUD here, couldnt believe it! Nowhere had it, except Big W!

Abylim ; Abylim; Playstation 3

Riposte

Improving I think... but still getting a lot of "Why didn't that hit you?" and "Why did that hit me?" which is made worse by me being paranoid about netcode. I get the sensation that it is harder to punish 360 attacks sometimes in the same way it might be harder to punish a DP in a laggy game. Right now I'm adjusting to the fact that game puts priority on the direction the character is facing instead of the camera for certain attacks (I think charge moves and kill weapon). I don't why they would do that in a game as hectic as this...

I think I need to sit down with a FAQ and really figure out what moves I should and should not use.

Are the Rin sisters top tier or something? All the really good players I meet are using them (though I did meet this one Leo who managed to stay on top of a Battle Royale room consistently).

...is Durga bottom tier?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
So apparently ONE release this week is too much for the biggest Polish game publisher - stores will get the game tomorrow and since the courier companies of most of the online stores don't work during weekends, the earliest possible date I'll get my copy is Monday.

Ferrio

Banned
In training mode I was doing bayonetta's regular charge attack... and she sits on the ground and spreads her legs. She didn't do that animation in a multiplayer game, did they actually censor that in regular games or am I just not doing something the same.

Neiteio

Anyone know what multiplayer ranks unlock which characters? I got Durga at lv. 2, and Garuda at lv. 4... I wonder who's next? (Already unlocked Big Bull and Rin Rin in Campaign [Black Side]).

Also, I was fighting a Bayonetta/Fei Rin user last night whose HP bar never seemed to deplete no matter how many hits they clearly took (as in, reactions, etc). Or at least, it seemed that way. The player was skillful, but it was weird how the HP never seemed to go down. Frustrating. :-\

But then there were many more matches were everyone got plenty of hits in, and everyone was clearly mortal. I'm usually in last or second-to-last place, but I still have lots of fun. :)

Mupod

In training mode I was doing bayonetta's regular charge attack... and she sits on the ground and spreads her legs. She didn't do that animation in a multiplayer game, did they actually censor that in regular games or am I just not doing something the same.

She does that if you hold down killer weapon while charging.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
There really should be a way to set the maximum allowed level for online games. Don't get me wrong, I'm not really complaining about having to fight Lv. 50 people, but it'd be nice to be able to learn the game the way the importers did, with everybody on a level playing field.

Ferrio

Banned
There really should be a way to set the maximum allowed level for online games. Don't get me wrong, I'm not really complaining about having to fight Lv. 50 people, but it'd be nice to be able to learn the game the way the importers did, with everybody on a level playing field.

Or private rooms, or bar level (though seems to not make much different), or even region.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!

They probably should have. Sounds like it'd be a good idea.

---

I just finished the first chapter of the game (or the first area at least) but I think it's still a little too early to come up with a good opinion on the game. Seems pretty fun so far. I really need to learn more of Jack's moves because so far it's just been Mash X, Mash Y, or Mash some X and then Y. I get the feeling there's more to it than that mainly because I noticed if you stagger a string of X's, Jack will swing around behind an enemy and you can continue to attack.

Only complaint so far is fighting more than one enemy at a time, at least as Jack, feels a little awkward. The game seems to really favor 1v1 combat with the lock on system and with the camera so close to your character it's harder to whip around and start fighting opponents who gather behind you while you focus on one group.

Roto13

I love how insanely chaotic yet easily playable this game is. Woulda sucked if this never came over.

Yes. That's what's so great about this game. There's tons of awesome flashy stuff happening all the time, but it's pretty easy to have a firm grasp of what's going on.

Top Bottom