• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anarchy Reigns(NA/EU) |OT| Sega, I wish I could hate you to de- *$30* I LOVE YOU SEGA

Improving I think... but still getting a lot of "Why didn't that hit you?" and "Why did that hit me?" which is made worse by me being paranoid about netcode. I get the sensation that it is harder to punish 360 attacks sometimes in the same way it might be harder to punish a DP in a laggy game. Right now I'm adjusting to the fact that game puts priority on the direction the character is facing instead of the camera for certain attacks (I think charge moves and kill weapon). I don't why they would do that in a game as hectic as this...

I'm getting a lot of this. Lots of 360 spam and a lot of times can't really avoid it when multiple people do it at the same time.

Riposte

I don't quite like the lock-on on this game. I believe there is soft and hard lock on right? It is pain in the ass to see someone in red behind two other enemies and how impossible it is to just hit that guy.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I don't quite like the lock-on on this game. I believe there is soft and hard lock on right? It is pain in the ass to see someone in red behind two other enemies and how impossible it is to just hit that guy.

Seems that way. There's the hard lock with the left bumper (assuming L1 on PS3) and then there's the soft-lock in game with the crosshair. Not sure if you can disable the soft-lock or not.

Roto13

Yeah, if you want to target a certain person or enemy in a group, it's probably best to just turn off the hard lock on and maybe turn it on again when you're closer to them.

Himself

Yes. That's what's so great about this game. There's tons of awesome flashy stuff happening all the time, but it's pretty easy to have a firm grasp of what's going on.

Except for the first time a tornado rolls through. I was all holy shit in the middle of an intense brawl when I get transported near a bay where my character is clueless and there's suddenly some sea gull noises.

Tain

How do the miniature cage matches work? A friend of mine was doing a Battle Royal in the simulator and entered an isolated cage match with one of the bots, something I hadn't seen before. Is it just some random event that targets two players? I haven't played a lot of Battle Royale, admittedly.

Roto13

How do the miniature cage matches work? A friend of mine was doing a Battle Royal in the simulator and entered an isolated cage match with one of the bots, something I hadn't seen before. Is it just some random event that targets two players? I haven't played a lot of Battle Royale, admittedly.

There's an item you can pick up that will cause you to get into a cage match with the next person you start fighting with.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member

Just hard lock and free camera to my knowledge.

The tracking on moves when not locked on isn't very good so I hesitate to call it "soft lock on"

and yeah as someone else said it's best serviced by toggling it on and off. Lock on can really mess you up in certain situations so its best to learn to be conscious of it.

Mesoian

Alright. It's official.

I don't get this game.

I'm getting thrown from full screen by mid size characters like jack or max, my combos NEVER go through, I'm getting stunned out of wake up, My HT attacks either always miss or do zero damage, I hit people with my jumping heavy and it hits, does no damage, no stun, and becomes a complete opener, the camera OFTEN gets stuck in simple objects like the cage....

It literally feels like I'm playing a different game from everyone else. It feels like half the time, the result of my inputs are completely random.

Roto13

Alright. It's official.

I don't get this game.

I'm getting thrown from full screen by mid size characters like jack or max, my combos NEVER go through, I'm getting stunned out of wake up, My HT attacks either always miss or do zero damage, I hit people with my jumping heavy and it hits, does no damage, no stun, and becomes a complete opener, the camera OFTEN gets stuck in simple objects like the cage....

It literally feels like I'm playing a different game from everyone else. It feels like half the time, the result of my inputs are completely random.

I think those things happen when you have a bad connection.

Wow getting chain grabbed by big bull in a tag match with seemingly no way to break the constant grabs is not fun.

I would love to be able to counter it but the lag is horrific.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Wow getting chain grabbed by big bull in a tag match with seemingly no way to break the constant grabs is not fun.

I would love to be able to counter it but the lag is horrific.

Next time you join a game tap down on the right thumb stick twice. I'll show you how strong your connection is.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Just beat the campaign starting on Black Side. Why can't I replay White Side Stage 4 or Black Side
Red Side
? Don't tell me I have to start from White Side to replay those.

Also, what does getting platinum medals in all missions unlock?

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Just beat the campaign starting on Black Side. Why can't I replay White Side Stage 4 or Black Side
Red Side
? Don't tell me I have to start from White Side to replay those.

You have to complete all the side missions to unlock it in free mode.

No idea why you can't play Jack's Red Side. but to play Leo's you do have to start from White

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Sounds like the netcode is pretty hit and miss based on the accounts in this thread.

Got any tips for me when I do start playing? Been swamped with assignments and stuff for now so I've got the game a week back but have been unable to play pretty much anything. So hopefully I'll know some things when I go online.

Do most prefer to unlock characters online or through story mode?

Which characters is pretty much the one people appear as online and why?

Is there any things I should be wary of? Glitches and cheap moves?

Are there any Tier rankings now?

JPKellams

Or private rooms, or bar level (though seems to not make much different), or even region.

You can set region. You can also do private rooms (custom match). Bar level is something that is fluid, it changes constantly, so it would be hard to filter.

BTW - Rank 50 isn't that big a deal. It means you've been playing for a while. But if you are smart, you can get to rank 50 in about 25 minutes. :)

You can set region. You can also do private rooms (custom match). Bar level is something that is fluid, it changes constantly, so it would be hard to filter.

BTW - Rank 50 isn't that big a deal. It means you've been playing for a while. But if you are smart, you can get to rank 50 in about 25 minutes. :)
How? =P by being a badass XD?

Next time you join a game tap down on the right thumb stick twice. I'll show you how strong your connection is.

It's always at full bars.

I tried playing outside Europe to find more players but that was pointless, getting grabbed by invisible people but no animation triggering so staggering in and out of control.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Douglas is fun :D

I'll probably main or sub him

Cool.

I think he's one of the best characters in the game

I was originally hard on him when I first started playing because his kit lends itself well to really really stupid play.

But I haven't seen him at all since US release. I think I'm going to try playing him after finishing Fei Rin's emblems.(finished Bayo's last night)

Mesoian

I think those things happen when you have a bad connection.

Every game has been this way thus far. Hell, I just got comboed by invisible people that apparently were across the entire map.

If this is how it's gonna be, this game isn't worth playing until the netcode gets fixed.

That's really frustrating. I was looking so forward to this game and to have the online be this marred...I feel like I have no control over anything that actually happens.

Roto13

Every game has been this way thus far. Hell, I just got comboed by invisible people that apparently were across the entire map.

If this is how it's gonna be, this game isn't worth playing until the netcode gets fixed.

That's really frustrating. I was looking so forward to this game and to have the online be this marred...I feel like I have no control over anything that actually happens.

You know, if it happens every single time, there's a good chance the problem is on your end.

RangerBAD

What do those spinning square boxes do during story mode? Is there any way to activate or open them or whatever?

It's like a slot machine that gives you random items. Just keep killing enemies and you can get it to work. Can't remember if it was just in missions or in the "free" part where all the mission indicators are. Pretty sure it's only in the latter area. You'll see a dialogue line when it happens (like when black holes appear and the like).

Mesoian

You know, if it happens every single time, there's a good chance the problem is on your end.

No other games have this problem. Hell, KOF13 works well for me. It's definitely not on my end.

I'll keep playing but damn this is frustrating. I can't tell if I'm doing something wrong or the netcode is messed up, there's almost no feedback on how the match is structurally holding up. I feel like I can't actually learn what I'm doing wrong because I'm not getting any reliable feedback from the game.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
No other games have this problem. Hell, KOF13 works well for me. It's definitely not on my end.

I don't know what to tell you then

doesn't happen to me every game. or anyone else I've ever met/played.

are you playing on wireless? and what platform?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Cool.

I think he's one of the best characters in the game

I was originally hard on him when I first started playing because his kit lends itself well to really really stupid play.

But I haven't seen him at all since US release. I think I'm going to try playing him after finishing Fei Rin's emblems.(finished Bayo's last night)

Yeah I can see what you mean but I like the fact he has some solid guaranteed stuff and a little bit of everything as far as options go.

His grab range feels a bit much but EHHH FUCK IT

RangerBAD

I'll keep playing but damn this is frustrating. I can't tell if I'm doing something wrong or the netcode is messed up, there's almost no feedback on how the match is structurally holding up. I feel like I can't actually learn what I'm doing wrong because I'm not getting any reliable feedback from the game.

If you notice everyone lagging than it's definitely you, but if it's just like a person then they are probably the one lagging.

I was getting pretty upset because a Durgan player kept killing me with 360 spam and it seemed like there were no recovery frames.

Mesoian

I don't know what to tell you then

doesn't happen to me every game. or anyone else I've ever met/played.

are you playing on wireless? and what platform?

Nope, wired, Comcast, 25 down 15 up, nothing else going on. It's only this game.

If you notice everyone lagging than it's definitely you, but if it's just like a person then they are probably the one lagging.

I was getting pretty upset because a Durgan player kept killing me with 360 spam and it seemed like there were no recovery frames.

It's probably just two or 3 bad people throwing me off, but In the heat of the moment, you can't tell what's happening because I get snatched out of the air by someone's late grab.

DigitalOp

Banned
My copy just arrived... IDK might take it for a spin when I come back tonight.

Seen great vids but really don't know what to expect

Im really just hoping I don't have these connection issues Im reading about

So anything specific I should know while going through the story mode? It seems you gotta collect five pieces of art from those blue boxes and kill 100 enemies to get a skill, anything else? Do you get anything from killing more than 100 enemies?

Mesoian

Do you have open NAT?

And are you really getting 25d/15u speeds? Check against multiple US servers on Speedtest and see how you do.

2427863924.png

::Shrugs:: I dunno.

Top Bottom