• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anarchy Reigns(NA/EU) |OT| Sega, I wish I could hate you to de- *$30* I LOVE YOU SEGA

mollipen

Really like Deathball, kind of wish the game had more objective type modes. Then again what's the point, I haven't even been able to see a CTF game yet.

I actually wish the game has less mode types, not more. There's so many mode options that I think it ends up splitting the active player base, making it harder to find game.

I'm really liking AR, but, man... I kind of hate the matchmaking. And I don't just mean "lobby full" or any of that. In a game like this, I really want the option for staying teamed up with people after a game (like Halo has) or at least actual options to join up with my friends and then go into online together. When in a lobby, you can't switch teams, you can't balance teams according to player level... it just all seems so bare-boned. For a game so focused on multiplayer, I wish Platinum had done a much better job in this regard.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I actually wish the game has less mode types, not more. There's so many mode options that I think it ends up splitting the active player base, making it harder to find game.

I'm really liking AR, but, man... I kind of hate the matchmaking. And I don't just mean "lobby full" or any of that. In a game like this, I really want the option for staying teamed up with people after a game (like Halo has) or at least actual options to join up with my friends and then go into online together. When in a lobby, you can't switch teams, you can't balance teams according to player level... it just all seems so bare-boned. For a game so focused on multiplayer, I wish Platinum had done a much better job in this regard.

I could have sworn somebody in this thread said that you could switch teams. But yeah, I agree, I'd LOVE if there were a way to join up with my friends then go online. Like, set up a TDM with me and three friends against some randoms. That'd be awesome.

Cheska

Supposed to score higher on the free mission

They usually unlock after one playthrough if you get Gold or Platinum

Getting platinum ranks in missions give you enough points to automatically unlock the next mission. Otherwise you can replay a free mission for the points as opposed to grinding out on the map fodder.

Now that I'm on Stage 2 and have been getting Platinum medals on the missions I'm having no issues. I think I just needed to get the hang of the game. Having a blast though, the music is so freakin' perfect!

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I could have sworn somebody in this thread said that you could switch teams. But yeah, I agree, I'd LOVE if there were a way to join up with my friends then go online.

You can only in private games

you have alot more control in private games.

Like, set up a TDM with me and three friends against some randoms. That'd be awesome.

I've actually done that

just have to host a room and invite your friends. Usually people you invite will join your team if spots are open over the opposite.

Then just wait for opponents to fill in

Makeshift party option, but it works I guess

Cheska

Okay scratch that, I can't beat one of the Stage 2 missions
Parasite Infestation. I'm just getting annihilated by that mutant creature and it kills me before I can remove the second tentacle :(

mollipen

I want everybody to put the effort into matchmaking that Bungie put into Halo. Next-gen! I want all of those kinds of things built into the OS!

Okay scratch that, I can't beat one of the Stage 2 missions
Parasite Infestation. I'm just getting annihilated by that mutant creature and it kills me before I can remove the second tentacle :(
You just need to get rid of one tentacle, it'll uncover a teleporter that will take you out of the area and complete the mission. It's the one quirky mission in the game that most people seem to trip up on.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
You just need to get rid of one tentacle, it'll uncover a teleporter that will take you out of the area and complete the mission. It's the one quirky mission in the game that most people seem to trip up on.

I wonder if the cut-scene telling you to escape there is broken or something since I got through it find. (I died the first time I did the mission though.)

Cheska

You just saved my hide. I seriously would never have picked up on the fact that it was just one, even though the game does zoom in on that part in slow motion -_-

Dereck

I went up the elevator just by curiosity. Otherwise I would just been standing there like, OK, the tentacles are destroyed, what gives?

Neiteio

Just wrapped a night of back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back Battle Royales, woot! And every two matches a disconnect, yay!
:(

Still, more complete matches than abruptly terminated ones. SO MUCH FUN. Being a Big Bull player, everyone tends to chase me since I'm a huge target, but then they distract themselves and I sneak up with my hammer and NAIL THEM, to quote the horny cybrid himself. I tried a bit of Ai Rin at the end -- refreshing to be so nimble! And, uh, nunchuk-y!
She's so cute.

We better keep this game alive well into the future.

NFreak

I finally won my first match today. That could have had to do with the fact that I played a regular 4 player deathmatch for the first time. I get my shit destroyed in team deathmatch.

Neiteio

I finally won my first match today. That could have had to do with the fact that I played a regular 4 player deathmatch for the first time. I get my shit destroyed in team deathmatch.
Yeah, TDM turns into a gangbang real quick if you're not careful. A 4P free-for-all is a bit more manageable. You should try Team Tag Battle (or whatever it's called). It's 2v2, and it's AWESOME.

Story spoilers
So Nikolai was behind it all? I haven't completed a white side play through yet.

What was with the red eyes thing? Did Max really kill his wife? What about Jack's daughter?

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Story spoilers
So Nikolai was behind it all? I haven't completed a white side play through yet.

What was with the red eyes thing? Did Max really kill his wife? What about Jack's daughter?

Who knows

Blame it all on
Nikolai
was what I got out of the ending

Mesoian

Story spoilers

See ya in Madworld 2!

Or maybe Bayonetta 2.

Man, I'd love a Jack or Leo cameo in Bayo 2.

Story spoilers

It's not really all that clear, especially given that Max is insane. Leo later talks to Nikolai in one of the cutscenes in White Side about the true "culprit", but it's never really ascertained.

As for the red eyes, it's never divulged explicity, but I think it's just an effect of cyborg implants -- when the user diverts all of their cybernetic power toward something. So when Jack goes nuts and almost kills Max, he unleashes that power, and Baron can only stop him by doing the same.

Zaventem

Story spoilers

I only finished white side but i saw
Nikolai with red eyes for like a split second during one of the scenes

Also the speech Max gave about food
right before he snaps when talking to Leo
was really well acted and gave me a good laugh.

Oh found it.. linked to that specific part http://youtu.be/yRenzutRQPY?t=37m45s

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Man, 2v2 with even teams is fucking fun. Like this way more than the 4v4 thing.

That coliseum or w/e stage where you fall off the edge into the fire killed me lots, though. lol.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Man, 2v2 with even teams is fucking fun. Like this way more than the 4v4 thing.

That coliseum or w/e stage where you fall off the edge into the fire killed me lots, though. lol.

Free for all on that map makes it feel tiny, I didn't like it very much.

I also don't much care for the matchmaking in this game, I keep getting that shitty dogfight mode :/

NFreak

Yeah, TDM turns into a gangbang real quick if you're not careful. A 4P free-for-all is a bit more manageable. You should try Team Tag Battle (or whatever it's called). It's 2v2, and it's AWESOME.

Yeah, I've got to try out all the other modes in the game. I've been playing mostly Team Deathmatch, Deathball, and a couple of others. I think I played Team Tag Battle once and it was definitely much less of a clusterfuck.

MormaPope

Banned
Started playing this at 1 A.M, it's now 5 A.M.

I played Death ball for a good 2 hours straight, I kept fighting the other team instead of focusing on the ball, in turn that made scoring for our team very easy. Won 4 or 5 matches in a row, eventually the other team started to get pissed and most of the death ball matches became brawls. One match some dude had 6 goals on my team and I ended up beating his score due to my kill streak.

I can play as Sasha pretty well, but her 360 degree aerial attack has a pretty limited range and is very easy to see coming.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Is superstar shot in death ball only doable in rampage?

I think you just have to hold onto the ball for awhile. What I want to know is are they blockable? I tried just getting in front of it but it just knocked me down. Maybe you just have to punch it away.

Shizzlee

I think you just have to hold onto the ball for awhile. What I want to know is are they blockable? I tried just getting in front of it but it just knocked me down. Maybe you just have to punch it away.

You'll notice once someone does their shot, you'll see their element. You can catch an opponent's shot if you are the same element as your opponent. If you didn't already know, you can tell the element of your character using the icon for your rampage.

Ice = Snowflake
Poison = Skull
Electricity = Lightening Bolt
Fire = Flame

Elements:

Ice = Sasha, Fei Rin, Garuda
Poison = Zero, Oinkie, Bayonetta
Electricity = Gargoyle, Ai Rin, Leo, Max, Nikolai, Mathilda
Fire = Jack, Baron, Rin Rin, Durga, Douglas, Big Bull

deim0s

Two things I need to know... What's the blue glow on your character? Is there an ability unlock list - I'm guessing i'm able to unlock them all when playing again for the white side?

Seems 2v2 either TDM or free for all is the best game mode, then add the satellite laser... XD

Shizzlee

Two things I need to know... What's the blue glow on your character?

In some modes if you go a while without taking a hit then you'll regain some life. That's what the blue glow is for.

Is there an ability unlock list - I'm guessing i'm able to unlock them all when playing again for the white side?

If you go into training/practice mode, you can set an ability. Any ability you don't have unlocked yet, you can move over to it and it will tell you how. You will have to play both sides, get 100 kills on the random enemies for each level outside of missions, and rank up online to unlock every ability.

Xhorder

I had some good fun last night doing all kinds of multiplayer modes. Deatball is fun and Battle Royale was great as well. I like Team Death Match and I think I even played some Team Tag mode at some point, which was cool.

It's kind of crazy though to split up the already small online base between ranked and unranked groups. You even level up in unranked, so why have two?

Also my patience has been tested a lot. Just waiting for the countdown to start at 12 players in Battle Royale and then some people not pressing ready, then a new player enters the room and countdown stops again, people leaving the room and then ending up with a few players short again, some players having a bad connection and just showing up as "waiting" and therefor making sure the countdown never starts. It's kind of annoying how it all goes, but when you finally get a game going it's awesome.

WinFonda

How do you get stuns on your opponents? like off 360 attacks and stuff? i was fighting a guy in cage match and when I would attack him, he would often break out of the attack and leave me stunned - i think it was off a 360 attack. i was kinda confused.

Shizzlee

How do you get stuns on your opponents? like off 360 attacks and stuff? i was fighting a guy in cage match and when I would attack him, he would often break out of the attack and leave me stunned - i think it was off a 360 attack. i was kinda confused.

The stun system in this game is the only thing I don't understand. Lag doesn't help either. It only confuses me more. I'm afraid to attack half of the time because I'm worried about stun.

deim0s

If you go into training/practice mode, you can set an ability. Any ability you don't have unlocked yet, you can move over to it and it will tell you how. You will have to play both sides, get 100 kills on the random enemies for each level outside of missions, and rank up online to unlock every ability.

Seems the other abilities i'm missing are from MP unlocks from 22 up. Thanks for this.

Yuterald

The single player is so much fun. Love doing free missions, earning plat medals, and watching the cut scenes. The graveyard scenes are total cheese balls too, I love 'em. Whenever that piano track comes on I almost feel like laughing. Jack looks so out of place wherever he goes. Sitting at a park bench or standing next to that client girl in the graveyard, he like towers over everything, lol! It's funny to me that most people find the story to be retarded. I'm sure a lot of people/critics rolled their eyes during these cut scenes. I totally don't get it. I NEED this sort of shit. It's a part of my well being, at this point, hah!

If I had to be critical of this game and compare it to Platinum's MadWorld (since this is basically a spiritual successor/sequel/revision/whatever) there's a few things I liked more about the original game over Anarchy so far. Here's just some general impressions/thoughts:

-I miss how tires worked in MW. Sure, the combat was MUCH simpler in MW, but slamming tires on enemies felt pretty fucking satisfying. In this game you just smash it over an enemy and they just get crushed and die.

-Same with the sign posts. Throwing one at en enemy doesn't feel nearyl as satisfying as it does in MW. There's a certain impact/crunch that's missing from the impale. I'm assuming because the two games play so much differently from each other that some adjustments had to be made, but if you're going to reuse ideas/weapons/items from an older game, I've got expectations now, Platinum!

-Thank god there's actual performance tracking for side missions this time. Earning medals/ranks and having a total results screen is like essential to life. MadWorld was so light on extra/replay content. I was so bothered how in MW there were all of these extra challenge missions yet there was NO reward or way to see/track that you did them all. I get that the game was made in a short period, but I was totally let down in that department. Well, it looks like they actually listened and made sure that shit was taken care of in Anarchy. It's highly appreciated.

-I still like/prefer the black & white visual style in MadWorld over the "standard" graphic style in Anarchy. Again, I TOTALLY get that these are two entirely different games, but it's just how I feel. The character models are fucking awesome in this game though. The cut scene direction annihilates MadWorld too. I'm still wondering who the cinematic director is for this game.

INCOMING NIT-PICKING!!! Ignore this paragraph for your own good!

-I like/appreciate the enemy gallery and the effort that was put into describing all of the enemies. Their little splash screen/title card introductions are cool. I will say that some (if not all) of the introduction scenes are pretty whatever-looking though. The chopper one in the first chapter on Black Side was clipping into the building and shit. Other enemies just drop from ceiling sometimes or they bust up from the ground. I totally understand that this is primarily a multiplayer game and that the single player wasn't a major focus, but I still gotta bring it up, lol! I'm not saying they need to be on Bayonetta's level or anything, but how they are handled here don't feel/look up to Platinum's level. Just sayin'.

With that said, game's fucking awesome!

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Arghhh. Finding a game in Europe is outrageously hard, want anything more than cage match or survival? Tough titties...

When looking for a lobby choose N. America as your preferred region and see if that helps.

Kade

Just a little heads-up for everyone having trouble finding a game. I, too, have been plagued with matchmaking errors and "Lobby is Ful." messages. What I found was that a lot of people were attempting to join matches and not enough people were creating them, so I decided "Hey, what the hell?" and created a game and lo-and-behold, filled within 30-60 seconds. This has been the case for every game I created last night but I imagine the experience would be different depending on the region and time you're playing (EST @ N. America, in my case) but it seems to be a good way to get around the issue of constantly getting put into full lobbies and will obviously open up some more games for other people to join which in turn reduces your chances for seeing that message.

It's a really obvious thing, I know but it works!

Once you've finished the campaign once do you continue to start a new game starting with the other side first or do a new campaign?

Just a bit wary as there's a single save data and don't want to playthrough again only for it not to register.

Roto13

Once you've finished the campaign once do you continue to start a new game starting with the other side first or do a new campaign?

Just a bit wary as there's a single save data and don't want to playthrough again only for it not to register.

Once you see the credits, you start over with a New Game. You can still access the levels you've unlocked with Stage Select.

Top Bottom