• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anarchy Reigns(NA/EU) |OT| Sega, I wish I could hate you to de- *$30* I LOVE YOU SEGA

JPKellams

Yeah, no problem hosting a Matchmaking has Failed lobby right now.

I think they are trying to tell you Humor has Failed.

Build your friend list up and host a match, double check your region setting is all, and try to play a peak times. I put together 14 people for private matches real easy last night not by complaining on GAF, but by saying lets play instead. Try it.

Also, yes, Yuri plays Oinkie and Zero.

Mesoian

I fail to see how not just spamming 360 attack with the no damage on 360 attack perk doesn't make you win automatically. I haven't found a way to be able to punish it at all, the range on it is so far and people only do it during the 3rd hit in a string, where it's too late to disengage from the combo anyway....

TGMIII

I fail to see how not just spamming 360 attack with the no damage on 360 attack perk doesn't make you win automatically. I haven't found a way to be able to punish it at all, the range on it is so far and people only do it during the 3rd hit in a string, where it's too late to disengage from the combo anyway....

Every character has a VERY distinct startup animation on their 360 attack. If you're constantly getting hit by 360 attacks then it's totally on you. Approach people you haven't played against cautiously and test them to see if they're going to mash out a 360 as soon as you land a combo. If they do then just be ready for it next time, bait it and then LAUNCH them. You get plenty of time to react to the start up of the 360, there's no excuse for getting caught by it from the same player over and over again. There's enough options to deal with 360 attacks, you just need to learn how to apply them.

If you get get launched you can't do anything about the incoming damage, you just have to eat the combo.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Is Ox known that much outside of Mad World and Anarchy Reigns? His music is amazing in both games, and I wonder if he's known outside the games, because he really should be.

Mesoian

Every character has a VERY distinct startup animation on their 360 attack. If you're constantly getting hit by 360 attacks then it's totally on you. Approach people you haven't played against cautiously and test them to see if they're going to mash out a 360 as soon as you land a combo. If they do then just be ready for it next time, bait it and then LAUNCH them. You get plenty of time to react to the start up of the 360, there's no excuse for getting caught by it from the same player over and over again.

If you get get launched you can't do anything about the incoming damage, you just have to eat the combo.

So I just fought a 2x2 team battle against a good Rin Rin. Didn't matter what I did, I would always get hit with the 360 attack off a combo. I don't understand how you can bait the 360 attack if it's range is so huge that it's going to hit you and if after the first weak attack, you're in for the combo, hell or high water. Hell, I couldn't even counter it with my 360 attack because she would counter the counter with another 360 attack.

Neiteio

I just started a North American Battle Royale room -- four people in it so far, including myself. Join game, and search for Battle Royale, in North America. Do it do it do it!

TGMIII

So I just fought a 2x2 team battle against a good Rin Rin. Didn't matter what I did, I would always get hit with the 360 attack off a combo. I don't understand how you can bait the 360 attack if it's range is so huge that it's going to hit you and if after the first weak attack, you're in for the combo, hell or high water. Hell, I couldn't even counter it with my 360 attack because she would counter the counter with another 360 attack.

The problem seems to be that you're always committing to a full combo, which is silly because exactly what you're describing is going to constantly happen to you. First time I run into someone I hit them with light > light and then see how they react to it and it's ridiculous how many people instantly mash out a 360. Assuming the person is guarding, the second I see the guard drop I move back and if they did 360 then I've got all the time in the world to hit them with a full punish, if they continue to guard, assuming I've reacted correctly, I can transition into the light > light > delayed light and a ton of other options including going into a strong, or strong charge cancel into throw and things like that. Same applies for when I land a hit, I leave myself room to evade in the case of them 360'ing and if they don't then what I said above still applies. The potential damage I get from a grounded combo is tiny compared to the damage I can get from punishing a 360 attack, which is usually death.

I only use 360s when I've got 2+ people on top of me and I'm going to die regardless of if I 360 or not, the reasoning behind that being that if I 360 and it hits then I live but if it doesn't then I was going to die anyway. It's all about maximizing your situations. If I get caught in a grounded combo what is the overall benefit of 360'ing? How much damage would I take if I just ate the combo versus the potential damage I'm going to take if my 360 whiffs? When I run into someone who just 360 spams it's like they're giving away free kills, I just play cautiously and launch punish them with a death combo.

Hopefully none of that came off as condescending or belittling.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Is Ox known that much outside of Mad World and Anarchy Reigns? His music is amazing in both games, and I wonder if he's known outside the games, because he really should be.

I just did a search on iTunes. He's got one song called The Prayer. Other than that all his stuff is on Madworld and Anarchy Reigns. Ride!! is a fantastic song.

Neiteio

Fuck, I got disconnected (and right after I killed you with a Gatling gun from atop the bus, lol). I'll try starting another one. By the time you're done with the current one (assuming it's still going on for you), the other one will probably still have open slots, lol.

So yeah. Starting another PS3 North American Battle Royale room now.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member

You stop pressing buttons and block it

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Fuck, I got disconnected (and right after I killed you with a Gatling gun from atop the bus, lol). I'll try starting another one. By the time you're done with the current one (assuming it's still going on for you), the other one will probably still have open slots, lol.

So yeah. Starting another PS3 North American Battle Royale room now.

Might as well just rejoin this one, man. It's still going on.

EDIT: It's not *my* room, Tekno. :lol

Mesoian

You stop pressing buttons and block it

Unhelpful as pressing more than 2 buttons locks you into a combo and I'm getting hit on the 3rd strike

The problem seems to be that you're always committing to a full combo, which is silly because exactly what you're describing is going to constantly happen to you. First time I run into someone I hit them with light > light and then see how they react to it and it's ridiculous how many people instantly mash out a 360. Assuming the person is guarding, the second I see the guard drop I move back and if they did 360 then I've got all the time in the world to hit them with a full punish, if they continue to guard, assuming I've reacted correctly, I can transition into the light > light > delayed light and a ton of other options including going into a strong, or strong charge cancel into throw and things like that. Same applies for when I land a hit, I leave myself room to evade in the case of them 360'ing and if they don't then what I said above still applies. The potential damage I get from a grounded combo is tiny compared to the damage I can get from punishing a 360 attack, which is usually death.

I only use 360s when I've got 2+ people on top of me and I'm going to die regardless of if I 360 or not, the reasoning behind that being that if I 360 and it hits then I live but if it doesn't then I was going to die anyway. It's all about maximizing your situations. If I get caught in a grounded combo what is the overall benefit of 360'ing? How much damage would I take if I just ate the combo versus the potential damage I'm going to take if my 360 whiffs? When I run into someone who just 360 spams it's like they're giving away free kills, I just play cautiously and launch punish them with a death combo.

Hopefully none of that came off as condescending or belittling.

This was actually quite helpful and using these tips and a bit of straight thievery, I pulled out a couple wins.

This game is exceedingly tough to figure out, but i'm coming around on it now that the netcode seems to not be screwing around anymore (at least not as dramatically as it did on day 1. I just wish the camera was better.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Unhelpful as pressing more than 2 buttons locks you into a combo and I'm getting hit on the 3rd strike

Well then you're not baiting anything if you're continuing to hit them with a combo. You're just hitting them and it's designed to interrupt that

Mubbed

The trophies for killer weapon and rampage boss kills. Does that include any of the free missions, and do you need to finish off both enemies in tag team main missions with the necessary technique?

Also, I somehow achieved the trophy for completing all campaign and free missions starting on black side even though I didn't have a chance to attempt Leo's final free mission in stage 4.

TGMIII

This was actually quite helpful and using these tips and a bit of straight thievery, I pulled out a couple wins.

This game is exceedingly tough to figure out, but i'm coming around on it now that the netcode seems to not be screwing around anymore (at least not as dramatically as it did on day 1. I just wish the camera was better.

Nice, I'm glad it helped. Like I said overcommitting (both offensively and defensively) is a death sentence in this game. It's all about reacting and adapting to the situation. If you haven't already I would learn your max damage combos for every situation, depending on your character you might have an infinite, and learn to deal with how people wake up in the game after getting knocked down. Know which of your strings will lead to an techable/untechable knockdown and be ready for both situations. If someone wakes up from the ground with an attack and it whiffs then they're vulnerable for a short window, use this to your advantage because most players online do this.

The netcode isn't great. When it works it's acceptable but when it's bad it's booty buttcheeks.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Ended up getting an invite from Neiteio, thought everyone was moving there.

We only had like four GAFfers in the room, though. I don't get why Neiteio started a new room. It's late and there's not many people on, and we had trouble getting the minimum of 12 in the first room. Probably should have just rejoined the same room when he DC'ed.

Teknoman

We only had like four GAFfers in the room, though. I don't get why Neiteio started a new room. It's late and there's not many people on, and we had trouble getting the minimum of 12 in the first room. Probably should have just rejoined the same room when he DC'ed.

You guys still going, because I can rejoin and send him an invite.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
You guys still going, because I can rejoin and send him an invite.

I'm not, but I could rejoin. Maybe we should do a deathmatch or team deathmatch or something? Battle royales are fun and all, but if I'm gonna play with GAF I wanna play just with GAF, or at least on a team with GAF against randoms.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
The trophies for killer weapon and rampage boss kills. Does that include the free missions,

Just playable characters. So main missions only. Not even Cthulu or Kraken. (Gargoyle patrol doesn't count)

and do you need to finish off both enemies in tag team main missions with the necessary technique?

Yes. So for the Rampage you have to whittle them both down before popping it.

You can also do both trophies at the same time by using KW instead of the punches and it should still give you both bonuses.(Overkill lets you know you got the KW kill and Rampage lets you know you got the kill with that)

but it might be easier to do one at a time.(that's the way I did it.)

If you're going to do the whole pack I'd recommend doing rampage kills for you normal playthrough and the KW ones for your hard as those are easier.(I made the mistake of doing the opposite when I did the Platinum)

Are the leaderboard borked? This game came out some time ago in Japan right? I'm expecting some crazy scores.

what do you mean?

Neiteio

Just came back in here -- didn't know other Gaffers started a room. The one I started worked out, though. Just started another one -- six people in it so far. Again, PS3 North America Battle Royale. Shoot me an invite if you have one up that's farther along.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Just came back in here -- didn't know other Gaffers started a room. The one I started worked out, though. Just started another one -- six people in it so far. Again, PS3 North America Battle Royale. Shoot me an invite if you have one up that's farther along.

Nobody started another room. :lol We just kept playing in the room you got DC'ed from.

Cheska

Boy, it sure can take a long time to unlock the next mission for the campaign mode. Is there something I'm missing or am I supposed to just continue to kill random baddies around the small map?

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Boy, it sure can take a long time to unlock the next mission for the campaign mode. Is there something I'm missing or am I supposed to just continue to kill random baddies around the small map?

Supposed to score higher on the free mission

They usually unlock after one playthrough if you get Gold or Platinum

Getting platinum ranks in missions give you enough points to automatically unlock the next mission. Otherwise you can replay a free mission for the points as opposed to grinding out on the map fodder.

Mubbed

If you're going to do the whole pack I'd recommend doing rampage kills for you normal playthrough and the KW ones for your hard as those are easier.(I made the mistake of doing the opposite when I did the Platinum)
I'm certain the platinum requires 2 playthroughs on normal and 2 on hard, no? I've already done the full hard mode once and am going through it again starting on the opposite side. I'd save the killer weapon and rampage for the 2 normal runs.

Neiteio

Nobody started another room. :lol We just kept playing in the room you got DC'ed from.
LOL, confusing! Are you and I friendsies? Shoot me a friend request -- same name as here (Neiteio). :)

I'm currently waiting in another person's Battle Royale lobby. I'm sporting a fresh coat of orange paint, even though yellow Bull is probably my fave.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I'm certain the platinum requires 2 playthroughs on normal and 2 on hard, no? I've already done the full hard mode once and am going through it again starting on the opposite side. I'd save the killer weapon and rampage for the 2 normal runs.

It'd lead you to believe that in their descriptions, but you can actually obtain it through just two playthroughs.

You just need one White and one Black playthrough, and also one Normal and one Hard, to unlock both Red Sides and both difficulty levels in Stage Select. (Ex: A Normal Black and a Hard White)

Then you can just play the Red Side of the side on each respective difficulty that you don't have the completion for, and it'll register as a full playthrough for the trophies.(So for the following example, you'd have to do Normal White Red Side and Hard Black in Stage Select)

So the pack can be completed in just 2 playthroughs if you're smart about it, and some grinding in Free Mode for some of the item based ones.

Easiest pack yet from Platinum.

I'm glad it works that way though, 4 different playthroughs would be a little much for this game's single player, considering nothing really changes besides the Red Side

Edit: You also have to make sure you do the Max fights you missed as well in stage 4. As long as the game sees a ranking for all main acts after the credits it'll give you credit

Neiteio

OK, scratch that, started a new room since the host left the other one. PS3 North America Battle Royale. Only a few people at the moment.

The early minutes of a Battle Royale lobby are interesting: Whenever someone comes in, they see all the empty slots and go, "NOPE," and leave. Then they come back a minute later when they search again and I'm the only room open, lol. Eventually they stick around and it works out. Everyone just needs to be patient. :)

(And then I get disconnected once the game starts, lol)

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I'm done for now. Kinda tired of playing nothing but battle royales, and it's getting to be that time of night were it's hard to get a full room anyway.

Neiteio

I'm done for now. Kinda tired of playing nothing but battle royales, and it's getting to be that time of night were it's hard to get a full room anyway.
Aye, I hear ya. No hard feels. I'm going trying to do one more, though, so if anyone else wants to login, just go to Player Match and search for a North American Battle Royale. :)

Mubbed

Well, that was extremely helpful advice. I doubt you know the answer to this one but do you think you can split the rampage and killer weapon boss deaths across multiple difficulties?

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Well, that was extremely helpful advice. I doubt you know the answer to this one but do you think you can split the rampage and killer weapon boss deaths across multiple difficulties?

Yes

You can even just do them all in Mission Select on easy if you want

You can, the game keeps a hidden tally as to how you've killed the bosses so you don't need to worry about doing it in one playthrough if that's not your concern. You can go back and fight them in stage select and clean up the rest.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Oh yeah, I got one of the coolest kills ever in a battle royale earlier tonight (I think it was the first one I played with Neiteio and Tekno). I had a barrel in my hands, and I jumped off the top of a building and about 1/3 of the way down, I tossed it into a crowd. Surprisingly, it actually took someone out. :lol And I mean, I was still REALLY high up when I threw it. That's what made it so awesome, heh.

Top Bottom