• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android Gaming Thread: News & Recommendations

Hitman GO is generally highly recommended, and I believe that's the first major sale for it.

Also on sale are SNK-Playmore's (DotEmu) games, all for $0.99 each (regular price: $3.99) until August 26th:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=SNK+PLAYMORE

Samurai Shodown 2 - $0.99 (Regular: $3.99; 75% off)
Metal Slug - $0.99 (Regular: $3.99; 75% off)
Metal Slug 2 - $0.99 (Regular: $3.99; 75% off)
Metal Slug X - $0.99 (Regular: $3.99; 75% off)
Metal Slug 3 - $0.99 (Regular: $3.99; 75% off)
The King of Fighters '97 - $0.99 (Regular: $3.99; 75% off)
The King of Fighters '98 - $0.99 (Regular: $3.99; 75% off)
The King of Fighters A-2012 - $0.99 (Regular: $3.99; 75% off)
Blazing Star - $0.99 (Regular: $3.99; 75% off)

What's the best of the Metal Slug games? Should all of them be played?
I'd Aya 3 is considered the best but it's gonna be tough to beat on Android. Limited credits and the lest level in the game is just as long as the rest of the game.

Go With metal slug 2 first. My personal favorite. Then play the rest however you can.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Posted?

Humble Sega Mobile Bundle:

Since 4 Episode 1
ChuChu Rocket
Virtua Tennis Challenge

BTA:

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing
Sonic 4 Episode 2
Crazy Taxi

What's the best of the Metal Slug games? Should all of them be played?

Among series fans, the debate is usually between Metal Slug X and Metal Slug 3, though the original has its charm. You don't have to bother with 2, since X is basically an enhanced version of 2.

Also, 3 was part of a few Humble Bundles (Mobile and PC/Android) in the past, so it might be worth checking if you have it from there.

DonMigs85

I'm really enjoying Dragon Quest IV but I have to say it's much more suitable for phones under 5 inches than tablets or phablets.

Phil S.

Banned
Thanks! I'll check it out.

And I know that no one said anything, but I'm sorry for posting this question in the Android game topic instead of the off-topic one! I got caught up in my excitement, I guess! :)

Phil S.

Banned
I have two more questions, if I may.

1) If my tablet (a Le Pan mini) is Bluetooth-compatible, would any type of Bluetooth-capable controller work with it? If so, which one is recommended? Crazy Taxi is a tad too hard to play with touch controls for me.

2) Any good Zelda-like games on Android? I was disappointed that Oceanhorn is iOS only.

randomkid

I saw on CAG that Wayward Souls is on sale from Amazon for $1.99 or 199 coins and gives back 60.

Maybe US only.

Glad this went on sale, thought I'd heard that they would never drop the price and would just keep raising it so pretty cool to be able to pick this up with a pittance of free coinage.

Played about half an hour and it's very fun, I like the font and also how you can break everything.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
Wayward Souls is on sale on the UK Amazon store as well for 90 coins (129 coins/£1.29 plus 39 coins back after purchase). Seems like quite a good little game so far although the controls take a bit of getting used to.

Aw, shoot. I can't download Sonic Dash or Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas because my device isn't compatible. :(

Do you mean on the Amazon Appstore? In that instance, many app developers make their applications only available on Kindle devices, which is unfortunate. San Andreas is a notable example, as are some SEGA games (I don't know which ones specifically, but I do know it's only some of them).

I don't know if I'm the only one, but I'm obsessed with Kingdom Rush---an absolutely superb, straightforward tower defense game. I played it back when it was just on iOS, and recently repurchased on my android device.

Is it cool to plug something ive made?

From things i didnt make, Sky Force is pretty great. Boom Beach is cool as well if you like CoC style of games.

Phil S.

Banned
Do you mean on the Amazon Appstore? In that instance, many app developers make their applications only available on Kindle devices, which is unfortunate. San Andreas is a notable example, as are some SEGA games (I don't know which ones specifically, but I do know it's only some of them).

That's probably the reason I can't download them. I don't have a Kindle device.

EDIT: And thanks for clarifying!

lutheran

Final Fantasy V and Chaos Rings II for non-kindle devices are supposedly now available on the Amazon app store (I read this on another forum just now but have no access to check on it) Might be a decent way to use some of those coins we all have in reserve.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
How are the IAPs in Calculords? Always worried about games that include IAPs.
Most of the IAPs are "card packs." I haven't purchased any of the card packs, so I'm not sure if they contain a higher chance cards than if you just play the game and win cards from your opponents, though I would assume that this is the case.

There is also one IAP for a "club" you can join, which grants you a third card after every win and an increased chance for a rarer card. I did purchase this, and would probably recommend it. Just factor in a $2.00 addition to the price of the game if you think this is something you'd be interested in.

Welp, I collected them all in disco Zoo

aocb.jpg

I haven't been awarded Diamond statues for every animal but I'm done.

Tiny Tower Vegas is out for android

5Eg-4_syiLCaAivKHT5XRvXuIWiFje3GmCYRN4UmQaeHC-GnTT6YluARuddT0JB4ACk=h900-rw

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nimblebit.vegas&hl=en

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Not sure if this is the place to ask, but...

Is it possible to use the Xbox One controller on an Android phone?
I know it's possible to get a 360 contoller to work, but I haven't heard anything about a One controller.

XCOM just got multiplayer support patched in. Anyone want to play?

Daigoro

Ah, a Scrabble-like and a Boggle-like game. I'm digging them both, liking Wordament more at the moment! Thanks!

I'll be sure to check out your suggestions as well, Markoff_Chaney, so thank you, too!

sure thing. I recommended Wordamanet because it's pretty popular I think, but Snap Attack is the only word game that I keep coming back to for whatever reason. Wordament kind of drives me crazy SA feels more laid back to me somehow.

Ruzzle is another one pretty similar to Wordament if I remember correctly. that game drove me nuts too after a short while. I think it might be async and not live though, so check that out as well.

I know it's possible to get a 360 contoller to work, but I haven't heard anything about a One controller.

XCOM just got multiplayer support patched in. Anyone want to play?

is it async by any chance, or live only?

Top Bottom