• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
The SE Nozomi is headed to At&t: http://www.xperiablog.net/2011/12/0...to-att/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

SonyEricssonLT28at.jpg

tino

Banned
So Verizon has 2 720p phones, the Galaxy Nexus and Rezound.

ATT has two 720p phone, the LG HD whatever and the Sony whatever.

Sprint is not getting any because it has to sacrifice its Android portfolio to please to Apple god.

What kind of flagship phone is TMobile getting?

gcubed

Sprint is not getting any because it has to sacrifice its Android portfolio to please to Apple god.

The att LG HD and Sony whatever

Edit as a side note, Comcast did a pretty big deal with vzw today. They are going to transfer over the xfinity2go service to vzw lte and begin bundling vzw in packages. After 4 years they become an wholesaler/reseller and can offer Comcast branded gear running on Vzw networks. Its all over our internal network, was a big announcement and are moving 4 areas to lte very quickly, abandoning clearwire

CyanogenMod is nothing short of amazing on Droid X. It's literally like I bought a new phone, one which runs super fast and doesn't constantly hang, freeze, crash, and reboot. Fuck you Motorola for making your stock ROM on this phone such a pile of steaming shit. I can't believe I lived more than a year with ShittyBlur on my X, it's like I was living in a cage compared to how it is now.

The X with CM7 actually runs so well now that I'm probably going to go ahead and forgo the Galaxy Tuna, especially since I blew my budget on a new plasma TV during Cyber Monday and can't really go out and buy a new phone now. Congratulations to Google and Verizon for delaying the Tuna until AFTER Black Friday/Cyber Monday so people will buy other things and not have money to buy a new phone! You guys are such geniuses!

gcubed

The latest comscore report was released yesterday(?). I really thought WP7 was going to become a third option for smartphones, guess we will see after the holidays, but its filling the webos shoes. Android up, ios up a bit less (was prior to 4s release), rim way down.

tino

Banned
The latest comscore report was released yesterday(?). I really thought WP7 was going to become a third option for smartphones, guess we will see after the holidays, but its filling the webos shoes. Android up, ios up a bit less (was prior to 4s release), rim way down.

Android will just going to eat into RIM's marketshare until the whole world admit its going to be a duopoly.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
What's GAF consensus on the Galaxy Note? Because I'm about to fall for it.

Android will just going to eat into RIM's marketshare until the whole world admit its going to be a duopoly.

RIM seems to be very strong here. The phones are cheap and do what people want from a smart phone.

gcubed

RIM seems to be very strong here. The phones are cheap and do what people want from a smart phone.

comscore i'm pretty sure is US only, so yeah, worldwide they are still on a quick spiral down, but not as quick as in the US

m amazed there are any symbian phones in the us. Who sells them?

lDHk7.jpg

phones like this are amazing for price value. I love them i have it. free navigation and does everything you want to do email and browsing. unless you want apps or some other stuff this is more than enough for day to day activity . Also battery life is crazy.

Anony

got a couple of questions
so when i go my android phone, first thing i did was uninstall some of the crap it came with, and some stuff i thought i didnt need, now, i want 2 things back

there was some samsung app to for updating/downloading samsung apps (i think), does anyone with a samsung phone know if it's any useful? cant find it in the market

also, i uninstalled the live wallpaper app/functionality, how do i reinstall/reenable it?

fellow Galaxy S owners HELP!

i'm so tired with all the problems with this phone, i don't even know where to start. right now i am trying to get into Kies to see if there are any fixes i can download. but even that doesn't seem to work, because i plug my phone in and it just automatically connects as a USB storage device, no option to launch Kies (it used to be there but for some reason isn't anymore).

so how do i use Kies from the phone? i tried just starting Kies on my PC but it can't find the phone.....

edit: holy shit, Kies on my PC wanted to update, so of course i said yes, and now it says "update file corrupted"......... wat. fucking Samsung seriously.

ty_hot

Music Beta sure is amazing. But since I don't have any data plan (shit is damn expensive here) I still have to keep 2 or 3 albums in my SD Card. At least when I am at home I can connect through my WiFi and enjoy some of my 1100 songs. (I didn't upload them all because I am checking if they have Album, Artists and Covers). I am also using the music.google.com page on my laptop to listen to music, somehow I prefer it over my always beloved Foobar 2000.

3rdman

fellow Galaxy S owners HELP!

i'm so tired with all the problems with this phone, i don't even know where to start. right now i am trying to get into Kies to see if there are any fixes i can download. but even that doesn't seem to work, because i plug my phone in and it just automatically connects as a USB storage device, no option to launch Kies (it used to be there but for some reason isn't anymore).

so how do i use Kies from the phone? i tried just starting Kies on my PC but it can't find the phone.....

edit: holy shit, Kies on my PC wanted to update, so of course i said yes, and now it says "update file corrupted"......... wat. fucking Samsung seriously.
goto settings -applications- usb settings. change it to ask you about the manner of your conection. mind u im running a custom rom so yours might be differwnt.

It seems there is some server side issue with my main Google account that is preventing me from downloading from the Market. Some people have experienced the same thing and posted on the Google help section but their fixes haven't helped me.

I wish I could ask some Google engineer to look at my account and see what the problem is.

jokkir

Are there any new news on ICS's release date on Nexus S?

I want this so bad D: (Yeah, I tried the custom ISC roms but they were buggy/slow)

BurntPork

Banned

Nothing, as usual. :/

Music Beta sure is amazing. But since I don't have any data plan (shit is damn expensive here) I still have to keep 2 or 3 albums in my SD Card. At least when I am at home I can connect through my WiFi and enjoy some of my 1100 songs. (I didn't upload them all because I am checking if they have Album, Artists and Covers). I am also using the music.google.com page on my laptop to listen to music, somehow I prefer it over my always beloved Foobar 2000.

i like google music too esp with unlimited data...have not uploaded all my music though

was interested to see it supports music in FLAC...

Alac went open not too long ago. They need to hurry up and add transcoding support for it so the rest of my library can stop sitting lonely on my hdd here. It's my one remaining gripe with the service.

I would be amazed if you could actually hear the difference between 320kbps MP3 and a lossless codec from a phone's headphone jack. Phones don't exactly have the best sound quality for music playback.

iavi

I would be amazed if you could actually hear the difference between 320kbps MP3 and a lossless codec from a phone's headphone jack. Phones don't exactly have the best sound quality for music playback.

I don't need to them to actually be ALAC while in the cloud. I just want the uploader to actually recognize them and then transcode from there. As is, I have a few hundred tracks that are sitting on the wayside.

I don't need to them to actually be ALAC while in the cloud. I just want the uploader to actually recognize them and then transcode from there. As is, I have a few hundred tracks that are sitting on the wayside.

You could transcode them yourself if it's only a few hundred tracks.

sun-drop

does any one know of a version of google videos 1.4.2 thats had region checks removed?

i can get around the root requirment .. but this latest version still checks my location, even marketaccess doesn't work on it.

lame .. paid for and watched Conan for 99c over the weeknd on an older version of the app on my galaxy tab 10.1

but would like the newer app on my gs2 to work as well, the newer versions support a HQ mode on mobiles.

ps Google, hurry the fuck up and make the music and movie markets global so we don't have to fuck around doing this work around shit

alternade

Im having an issue with the music app on the ET4G. I would rather use the google music app but when I use ISyncr, the playlist titles show up in Google music but no music files. The music is on the phone because in the samsung music app the playlists are there as well as the music files.

Maybe im too used to my nexus one lol

sun-drop

ahh ... ok ...looks like google is not doing IP checks when you use the market.

thats why market enabler only works for me now after i enable my vpn ..... grr and also why when i disable root to watch videos ...the freaking video market

DrFunk

not licensed in your state

Best phone I've used next to the Galaxy Nexus. Can't wait till it gets ICS, the big screen demands it

popeutlal

OS discrimination!!! When using the Dolphin browser (or any browser) at yahoo.com in android you'll see this...

0YGUF.png

Using the same browser and changing the UA string to iPad, you'll see this

ikNJn.png

wario

two xperias for 2012:

previously leaked flagship LT26 nozomi:
1231431bakf3m3ut1mwua3.jpg

this one's new with a tear drop shape. might be the midrange, LT22 nyphon:
123141ll04bb594v6d94ll.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom