• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.
O hai there Verizon 4G LTE

4g_lte.jpg

Verizon

That Google Now header image is crazy. It changes based on time of day, where you are located, etc. How many images did Google draw just for the header of Google Now?

snacknuts

we all knew her
So which Android device on VZW right now has the best quality camera? My wife wants to ditch her 4S and go back to Android, but she uses her camera a lot and doesn't want something as shitty as the camera in my GNex. LTE is not a requirement.

So which Android device on VZW right now has the best quality camera? My wife wants to ditch her 4S and go back to Android, but she uses her camera a lot and doesn't want something as shitty as the camera in my GNex. LTE is not a requirement.

Galaxy Camera with Verizon bands went thru the FCC recently...

but if she wants a phone then she should probably just get the gs3 or the gnote 2...

hell even go with the droid dna, and then she gets a 1080p screen..

it's got a good camera too.

galaxy camera won't be a good replacement for a phone since it doesn't have phone innards...

but hell i'm sure someone will bring up google voice since no one thinks it would be ridiculous to hold an actual camera to the side of your head.

but if she wants a phone then she should probably just get the gs3 or the gnote 2...

hell even go with the droid dna, and then she gets a 1080p screen..

it's got a good camera too.

galaxy camera won't be a good replacement for a phone since it doesn't have phone innards...

but hell i'm sure someone will bring up google voice since no one thinks it would be ridiculous to hold an actual camera to the side of your head.

well, it has a speaker and a mic and i assume it has a dialer, though that may be disabled in the US versions.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead

LOL just imagining this is great. Then again, there are people who think us Note users look stupid.

I'd get her a Note 2.

MNC

You can use TB to restore certain apps only.

For example, podcast app, music app with alot of playlist, RSS app, launcher apps etc.

Perfect Viewer would be a perfect example that needs TB to restore all the user settings.

Maybe you guys don't do a lot of flashing. I don't know how you can try custom rom without TB. It's not possible.
TB has never helped me after flashing... apps have always became corrupt somehow. I prefer using it as a backup app for a current rom instead of when switching

tino

Banned
TB has never helped me after flashing... apps have always became corrupt somehow. I prefer using it as a backup app for a current rom instead of when switching

I have used custom roms on 4 tablets and 4 phones. Titanium Backup has always worked. I am sorry about yout loss.

P.S. I has installed 4.2 gmail apk on my 4.0 rom. I think I am all set. This is the best combination of 4.x roms.

3phemeral

That's unfortunate. I have never ever had an issue with Titanium Backup. Don't even know how the files would be corrupt. They do warn you that USB Debugging should be enabled, but I have no idea how that actually effects the restoration process. There are different methods of restoring you can choose if it's giving you issues. Have you tried doing an Android-dictated install where Android will essentially treat each backup restore like an individual installation?

Anyway, that shouldn't be an issue anymore considering how you can now flash your apps in recovery like a ROM. You should try that.

That's unfortunate. I have never ever had an issue with Titanium Backup. Don't even know how the files would be corrupt. They do warn you that USB Debugging should be enabled, but I have no idea how that actually effects the restoration process. There are different methods of restoring you can choose if it's giving you issues. Have you tried doing an Android-dictated install where Android will essentially treat each backup restore like an individual installation?

Anyway, that shouldn't be an issue anymore considering how you can now flash your apps in recovery like a ROM. You should try that.

USB Debugging doesn't need to be enabled, that's a legacy warning.

40. Why does Titanium Backup demand that the Android Debugging Bridge (ADB) be enabled? I don’t develop on my phone and don’t want this.

The only reason is that on some ROMs, earlier versions of Superuser (the app that grants root privileges) didn’t work properly if ADB (USB debugging) was disabled. This is why I added the warning at startup.
Nowadays, on most ROMs you can leave USB debugging disabled in your phone settings and also disable that warning in Titanium Backup. The option is: MENU -> Preferences -> “Warn if no USB debug”.
Prior to v5.6 and above, the USB Debugging option is located at MENU -> Preferences -> GUI Preferences > Warning > “Warn if no USB debug”

http://www.titaniumtrack.com/kb/tit...-technical-faq.html#why-tb-demand-adb-enabled

Samsung updating year old flagship devices to Jellybean? stay free 'other'.

Still stuck with an Epic 4G Touch (or stuck a relative with your old one)? If you've been holding off on flashing some of the previously leaked Jelly Bean builds for fear of stability or finality, Sextape has released what is rumored to be the final build that will go out as an over the air update some time in the near future.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/1...bean-ota-update-for-epic-4g-touch-build-fk23/

Anyone have a recommendation for a good home phone Android set? I'd prefer one with the screen on the base and a lightweight (corded) handset, and them maybe an additional wireless handset.

does anyone other than Archos make those?
There are a few. There's at least this Panasonic one:

http://www.theverge.com/2012/1/11/2...d-android-phone-hands-on-this-changes-nothing

but the screen is too big for the crappy quality it offers, and there's no Play Store. It would just be a frustrating experience.

This Moto one is ok:

http://www.ubergizmo.com/2012/04/motorola-android-home-phones/

but I don't want the controls on the handset. I want at least one corded phone with the controls on the base, with maybe a wireless extension.

Basically, I want this but with (hopefully more up to date) Android:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0073W718W/?tag=neogaf0e-20

There are a few. There's at least this Panasonic one:

http://www.theverge.com/2012/1/11/2...d-android-phone-hands-on-this-changes-nothing

but the screen is too big for the crappy quality it offers, and there's no Play Store. It would just be a frustrating experience.

This Moto one is ok:

http://www.ubergizmo.com/2012/04/motorola-android-home-phones/

but I don't want the controls on the handset. I want at least one corded phone with the controls on the base, with maybe a wireless extension.

Basically, I want this but with (hopefully more up to date) Android:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0073W718W/?tag=neogaf0e-20
oh yeah, i remember seeing that Panasonic model before in news, but the Motorola is new to me.

My old ipod touch is nearing the end of its life and Im not really bothered replacing it.

Any good podcast apps for android?

Google should really do a podcast section as part of Play Music so there is a central android podcast hub like iTunes.

Fox318

My old ipod touch is nearing the end of its life and Im not really bothered replacing it.

Any good podcast apps for android?

Google should really do a podcast section as part of Play Music so there is a central android podcast hub like iTunes.

PocketCasts and Doggcatcher are good. I prefer PocketKasts

rc213

Swiftkey Flow needs to hurry the fudge up, Swype is a fucking mess. Everything seems to be broken at different stages.

So apparently Facebook is interested in Whatsapp and making it paid for all platforms (it's currently free for Android and BB, some people claim you have to pay after the first year, but I've always gotten a ''free renewal'' message...). I think this is the time for Google to integrate Google talk/mail and Google+ Messenger and launch it as the ultimate platform independent communication service. Add fucking vibrate for email too, come on mang... Either way, they need to jump on this and do a big relaunch of their own integrated messaging aplication. They should be able to murder any competition since they're out of the box for Android.

NawidA

Banned
So apparently Facebook is interested in Whatsapp and making it paid for all platforms (it's currently free for Android and BB, some people claim you have to pay after the first year, but I've always gotten a ''free renewal'' message...). I think this is the time for Google to integrate Google talk/mail and Google+ Messenger and launch it as the ultimate platform independent communication service. Add fucking vibrate for email too, come on mang... Either way, they need to jump on this and do a big relaunch of their own integrated messaging aplication. They should be able to murder any competition since they're out of the box for Android.
Carriers are going to fight it and Google is their bitch.

xxczx

thinking of getting a Nexus 7, should I?

I don't own a laptop anymore (RIP) and pretty much do everything from my phone (HTC One X (browsing, shopping & music is what I just do anyway)). Nexus 7 would help the battery life of my phone with swapping to Nexus when at home (Rdio and Google Music is what I use for listening so everything is in the cloud), and just use my phone when I'm out is what I'm thinking. It's getting stressful doing everything from my phone now lol... (Don't really want to spend money on a laptop when I could do the same from a £200 tablet)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom