• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.
Google releases new distribution numbers. GB still at 50.6%, ICS slowly but steady climbing now at 27.5%

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/1...ers-gingerbread-at-52-8-jelly-bean-up-to-6-7/

nexusae0_image2.png

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
We should do another GAF survey on what device everyone uses, but this time include what ROM and what version of android said ROM is on!

razielim

Not sure if this is the place to ask but I saw something about a Samsung Muse but didn't see information I was looking for. It appears that music is uploaded to the device through a Galaxy device but can't find anything stating that you can just connect using a computer and drag music onto the device as if it were a storage device. A quick search didn't tell me anything and was wondering if that information has been stated somewhere. I have a ipod shuffle that I use at the gym (only reason I bought it was the form factor and clip) and would be very interested in this if I could just use it like any other mp3 device (get me free of itunes!!!!).

Oyashiro

Kind of ridiculous that 50% of people are still on Gingerbread... I think that's definitely one of the biggest (if not THE biggest) flaws of Android: no unified update system.

Cyrillus

This may be a stupid question, or one that is very difficult to answer, but I'm wondering if anyone happens to know which versions of the Android mail app support SSL? I know we've had trouble in the past with some android phones that required us to install K-9 mail on them. All I've been able to find on this is that SSL was fixed in Froyo, but the fix may not have propagated to Honeycomb, but was fixed again in ICS.

Anyone with a more definitive answer for this?

gcubed

Kind of ridiculous that 50% of people are still on Gingerbread... I think that's definitely one of the biggest (if not THE biggest) flaws of Android: no unified update system.

besides user experience, there is little issue with it, and most users have no idea what version is which. The only issue that has recently surfaced is drm measures available in Jelly Bean 1. Google does a good job forcing backwards compatibility.

Made the switch to the GS3 after using a Windows Phone for the past year. I am liking this a lot so far!

damn i just need to get a GS3 already. should i sell the One X for the GS3? thinking heavily about it. but if i could keep the one x it would be a great backup phone.

damn i just need to get a GS3 already. should i sell the One X for the GS3? thinking heavily about it. but if i could keep the one x it would be a great backup phone.
never, do what I'm doing. Stick with what you have and catch the new wave of phones when they arrive. Painful wait but worthwhile.

Hieberrr

Hell no.

Doesn't. Root the One X and flash CM or MIUI.

No point in spending money on the GS3. If you want to upgrade, wait for the next awesome phone to be released. The One X is solid, man.

I am thinking of swapping out my 4S for a Note 2 but i have one huge concern going from iOS to Android... I have lots of music in my iTunes. Are there any programs that will allow me transfer my purchased songs or at least listen to them? Any help is appreciated.

I am thinking of swapping out my 4S for a Note 2 but i have one huge concern going from iOS to Android... I have lots of music in my iTunes. Are there any programs that will allow me transfer my purchased songs or at least listen to them? Any help is appreciated.

are they DRM free songs or are they from ages ago when the music was DRM'd? music with DRM won't play, but anything purchased since they switched to DRM free will work fine.

are they DRM free songs or are they from ages ago when the music was DRM'd? music with DRM won't play, but anything purchased since they switched to DRM free will work fine.

Is there a way to actually check if they have DRM? Most of the stuff i care about is recent(last year or two) so i should be fine? That is pretty much the only thing holding me back right now.

thespot84

OK I'm feeling really dumb. I went to cyanogenmod.org to check out CM10 for my gnex, and it's not on the 'devices' page. Is gnex not officially supported by CM10?

EDIT: I found it in the forum, toro ROMs are of course available, as it's the phone on the FRONT PAGE. Why wouldn't be in supported devices.....?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I'll create a new one and make it quote only for the link.

Against my better judgement I figured people wouldn't care enough to mess with this. *sigh*

jokkir

Anyone know how to fix a "Insufficient Storage" or "Package File Invalid" error? I really don't want to reflash CM10 again so soon :

EDIT: and yes, I should have enough storage left over (around 150mb)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom