• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Google, you changed, man.

kehs

Banned
Google Voice and their bullshit system right now is totally boning me.

I'm trying to set up a booty call and this voice shit is totally not reliable

e: this isn't the drunk thread

JoeFu

Banned
I was going to ask you guys about the connection problem, but I was too busy playing Borderlands 2. Glad to see it's not just me...

Futureman

m friend wants to do a factory reset of their phone. I guess Verizon suggested this to her as her GPS has been flaky and her phone is running slow. She has a Droid 3.

what is the easiest way to back up her phone and apps? Titanium Backup? I've used that in the past but it seemed like it might be a little overwhelming for a non-techy person.

tino

Banned
m friend wants to do a factory reset of their phone. I guess Verizon suggested this to her as her GPS has been flaky and her phone is running slow. She has a Droid 3.

what is the easiest way to back up her phone and apps? Titanium Backup? I've used that in the past but it seemed like it might be a little overwhelming for a non-techy person.

There is no other way to do it. She can just install the apps. Its probably just 5 apps.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Probably old but I just saw this....

Samsung-One-a-Pen-Sized-Concept-Phone-with-Flexible-Display-2.jpg

kehs

Banned
Google Voice needs it's own dialer app.

Last night I gave up my real phone number to someone I didn't want. =/

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
This one is for you Coco:

Asus PadFone 2 to debut October 16th in simultaneous Taipei / Milan event

VbOQn.jpg

Taiwanese manufacturer Asus has sent out invitations for the unveiling of the PadFone 2, the successor to its ambitious PadFone product, a device capable of switching between smartphone, tablet, and laptop modes. According to a picture published by Italian site Notebook Italia, the event will take place on October 16th, running simultaneously in Taipei and Milan. Recently-leaked benchmarks suggest that the PadFone 2 will come equipped with a quad-core Snapdragon S4 processor, but not much else is known about the device — the teaser image included on the invite closely resembles the smartphone portion of the original PadFone.
http://www.theverge.com/2012/9/20/3363090/asus-padfone-2-october-16th

kehs

Banned
There goes my Nexus padfone dream. =(

Also looks like they went back to capacitive buttons? diaf asus

zomg: yeah, but like most asus products they get sold first in Taiwan. It's available in Asia, Europe retail, just not here in the states.

kehs

Banned
Oh, I don't think so, I assumed it was available at phone warehouse like places.

I think the bundled pricing was hard to swallow for people.

Lol last night I saw that sign I. Error message on my phone but hadn't seen it until it was already back up and working...

Wondered why it happened but when i hit it my phone just signed right back in and started working....didn't even think of that when I read the news story early this morning...

Told you guys the one X+/XL and whatever else is still gonna happen:

HTC has made no secret of its plans to launch Android 4.1 Jelly Bean for its leading HTC One phones, but so far it's offered nothing in the way of release dates. It looks like the manufacturer's getting closer to having its updates finalized, though, as veteran mobile site MoDaCo is reporting that the updates are due to being rolling out in October.

According to MoDaCo founder Paul O'Brien, the upcoming EE UK HTC One XL will ship with Jelly Bean, as will the rumored One X+ -- a refreshed version of the Tegra 3 version said to sport higher clock speeds. Around the same time, existing One X and One XL devices will get bumped up to Android 4.1, MoDaCo claims.

The site has no info on when the One S will get Jelly Bean, but given that it's already confirmed for an update, we're hopeful it won't be too far behind. As ever, take this with a pinch of salt until we've got updates rolling out to devices. Nevertheless, we'll be crossing our fingers come October.

BOOK IT.

Turns out my upgrade date isn't november 1st, I was wrong, it's november 30th. So I guess I have more time to see how things unfold. Nexus plz.

Divvy

WP8 phones have gotten me all jelly for coloured phones. If we're actually getting 5 different nexuses I hope one of them has the balls to release one in something other than black/grey/white.

kehs

Banned
WP8 phones have gotten me all jelly for coloured phones. If we're actually getting 5 different nexuses I hope one of them has the balls to release one in something other than black/grey/white.

Totally, but I like the 820s system that has replaceable covers.

Divvy

Totally, but I like the 820s system that has replaceable covers.

They sort of did that with the S3. But for whatever reason, they just decided to make the colour back covers on the S3 out of even more hot plastic garbage than the regular back cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom