• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hieberrr

This. Looks. Awesome.

nexusae0_yotaoverall.jpg

Looking to "rebalance the relationship" between humans and their smartphones, Moscow-based Yota Devices has announced the YotaPhone, a smartphone with an LCD display on one side, and an e-ink screen on the back.

Android Police

Need some help/advice

I’m due for an upgrade in late Jan/early feb and currently have the HTC Sensation XE. I don’t want to upgrade to a bigger phone so my question is what good 4 inch or 4.3 inch phones are out there or on the horizon which at least match the Sensation XE specs (but hopefully beat it)

I’m in the UK if that makes a difference and all my previous android phones have been HTC

Is this legit?

Sony's Odin Monster

A15 Quad Core
3GB Ram
3000mah Battery
5" 1080p

If it's true, it will be shipping around the same time as the Galaxy Note III if we assume Samsung sticks to their 6-months tick-tock cadence and the Galaxy S IV ships as expected in April. Now that is a fight I would pay money to see. It's way too early to be speculating on devices which might ship next October though.

The resurgence of Sony has been impressive. The old rivalry between Japan and Korea is renewed.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
I’m in the UK if that makes a difference and all my previous android phones have been HTC

I'd advise skipping HTC this time round. They've gone a long way downhill recently - not so much with the quality of their devices, but with their love of lying to their customers. Customer support is important in a device that you expect to last you a couple of years, and HTC's has gone down the shitter in a big way.

I'd advise skipping HTC this time round. They've gone a long way downhill recently - not so much with the quality of their devices, but with their love of lying to their customers. Customer support is important in a device that you expect to last you a couple of years, and HTC's has gone down the shitter in a big way.

Any idea of what I can move to that falls into the 4 or 4’3 inch category and is at least on par with what I have at the moment?

gcubed

It's cool but what would be cooler is if it told you more than just shipped. I never get delivered or a new notification when it reaches another stop. Just shipped.

Agreed. It should update with the latest location and estimated delivery. Its not like there are 200 shipping companies to support.

That and not all shipping notices come through on now but yet I've never had a shipping email in gmail that failed to link me to my tracking information on the right pane. Wtf

My Milestone is dead and I'm locking for some tips for à new phone. Budget is 350 Euros max, cheaper is better of course. I'm not a fan of huge screens, prefer a screen of 4" or even a bit smaller. I'd like something with decent battery life, good support for updates and a nice screen. It should be powerful enough to provide a snappy interface, but won't really use it for intensive tasks.

The Nexus 4 is not sold here btw, so that's not an option.

Anyone got some tips?
Motorola Razr I or Samsung Galaxy S III mini

Need some help/advice

I’m due for an upgrade in late Jan/early feb and currently have the HTC Sensation XE. I don’t want to upgrade to a bigger phone so my question is what good 4 inch or 4.3 inch phones are out there or on the horizon which at least match the Sensation XE specs (but hopefully beat it)

Wait for the trade show announcements of new devices

3phemeral

Just tried it: it sucked.

* It wouldn't let me skip categories unless it finished loading whatever crappy shared image someone uploaded. How was that a good idea? I really don't want to see other people's public galleries as my default screen.

* It would get stuck loading those publicly shared images, which meant I would be stuck and needed to manually exit and force quit.

* Creating my image was simple, but again, you have to wait for whatever is the first public image to load before it allows you to go anywhere else. Then, attempting to view my own gallery prompted me to log into my gmail account. Nope.

tino

Banned

* It wouldn't let me skip categories unless it finished loading whatever crappy shared image someone uploaded. How was that a good idea? I really don't want to see other people's public galleries as my default screen.

* It would get stuck loading those publicly shared images, which meant I would be stuck and needed to manually exit and force quit.

* Creating my image was simple, but again, you have to wait for whatever is the first public image to load before it allows you to go anywhere else. Then, attempting to view my own gallery prompted me to log into my gmail account. Nope.

Thanks you save me one dolla.

That's pretty shit. Good concept, poor execution. Sounds like Sony to me...

Checked it out, but it seems like it isn't any better then a Galaxy S Advance. Anything that sets it apart that makes the higher price worth it? I prefer the Advance in looks.
One of the things you mentioned was support. GS3 mini will be supported for longer.

Thanks! Saved me from the 15 minute challenge!

Cigol

This isn't normal is it? I never even used the program except to check it was functioning. Woke up and noticed it at the top of the battery list (ahead of screen on time), so pressed the force stop.

Cigol

Afraid not. I use my Nexus 7 to view the desktop version on occasion but it's a bit buggy with a white line down the middle of the screen. Not ideal...

Antagon

Read up a bit more on the SIII Mini. Seems like it doesn't have a notification light? Might sound stupid, but that's a dealbreaker for me.

I'm getting a bit frustrated, all the phones seem to have one large problem. The Nexus 4 isn't sold here, the Xperia S has poor battery life, the SIII Mini has no notification light... There has to be some smartphone that actually fits my criteria.

Kiraly

Read up a bit more on the SIII Mini. Seems like it doesn't have a notification light? Might sound stupid, but that's a dealbreaker for me.

I'm getting a bit frustrated, all the phones seem to have one large problem. The Nexus 4 isn't sold here, the Xperia S has poor battery life, the SIII Mini has no notification light... There has to be some smartphone that actually fits my criteria.

Get the Motorola Razr i.

4.3" (albeit PenTile) AMOLED screen, but the phone is just as big as my 3.7" HTC Desire
2GHz Intel Atom processor for very snappy UI and browser performance (games, not so much)
2000mAh battery, which lasts for quite some time

darkwing

get the Note 2

Xperia T/TX?

Antagon

Get the Motorola Razr i.

4.3" (albeit PenTile) AMOLED screen, but the phone is just as big as my 3.7" HTC Desire
2GHz Intel Atom processor for very snappy UI and browser performance (games, not so much)
2000mAh battery, which lasts for quite some time

Seems like the best option, yeah. Bit more expensive then I planned at 400 Euros, but otherwise it looks really good. Had some bad experiences with Motorola updates (still running Android 2.1) on my Milestone, but hopefully that's better now that it's owned by Google.

tino

Banned
2013 best phone of the year:

HTC 5" One DLX vs. Sony 5" Xperia X vs Samsung 4.99" galaxy S IV vs Huawei 6" Whatever vs Google 5" Nexus 5 vs Samsung 6" Note 3.

Cast your vote now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom