• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mordeccai

Android gaf, I have an issue with my radios.

Earlier today on my VZW Gnex, the signal strength indicator on my phone displayed no signal. Just a grey outlined black triangle. This has happened on occasion but switching between LTE/CDMA or turning on airplane mode would usually fix it. Today, no go. Was also getting a notice that I needed to insert a SIM card to use the network on my phone, so I reinstalled the SIM, and still nothing.

I was on a stock 4.2.1 rom from XDA when this happened. So I just switched roms to MMuzzy's 4.2.1 build and still no signal. Reinstalled SIM card again, nothing. Just flashed the 4.2.1 radios from XDA, and still nothing.

Hoping someone on here can help me out with this? I'm kinda screwed if I don't have a phone tomorrow as I have a few important calls I'm expecting.

Edit: got the radio working. Downloaded a stock rom from googles servers, ran a super wipe script, wiped data and cache/dalvik three times and loaded it up. Took a bit for it to find signal but its there now.

tino

Banned
Alright, people who have the International Galaxy Note 1. I got a pack of 3 black metal button caps from ebay for $10. I am going to keep 2 myself and whoever want the last one for $3.50 shipped can PM me.

It really make the button pushing feel alot more "clicky" and easier to reach.

BTW I also got the brush metal back plate. It make the phone thicker but you can still fit it in the silicon case. I am going without the silicon case now. It makes the phone more slippery but I like my phone all many and stylish.

I think all I need is a 64gb card and I pretty much max out this phone.

Karbonn launches 5.9-inch Android phone A30 at Rs 11,500

karbonn-a30-161212.jpg

• Dual SIM
  • Android 4.0 (ICS)
  • 1 GHz Dual Core processor
  • 3G support
  • 1.3 front camera
  • 5.9-inch capacitive Multi Touch
  • 8.0 Megapixel Auto Focus rear camera with Flashlight
  • Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Direct
  • Wi -Fi Hotspot
  • Expandable upto 32 GB
  • Yes, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
  • 2500 mAh battery

Hieberrr

Alright, people who have the International Galaxy Note 1. I got a pack of 3 black metal button caps from ebay for $10. I am going to keep 2 myself and whoever want the last one for $3.50 shipped can PM me.

It really make the button pushing feel alot more "clicky" and easier to reach.

BTW I also got the brush metal back plate. It make the phone thicker but you can still fit it in the silicon case. I am going without the silicon case now. It makes the phone more slippery but I like my phone all many and stylish.

I think all I need is a 64gb card and I pretty much max out this phone.

Keep the caps, man. You'll never know when you need them.

tino

Banned
people have reasons other than "huge fucking Verizon logo" to put stickers on buttons!??!

Have you tried it? The point is (for iPhones) turn a concave button into a convex button. For the Note, it just make the flat button easier to reach. Plus my real button is losing paint due to usage. This will help retain the resell value.

There is a whole cotton industry of aftermarket to improve the ergonomic of shutter button for classic cameras. Search "camera soft release" on ebay if you want to know what they look like.

Doopliss

I am very interested to see how the Sony 6.1 inch and the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 at 6.3 inches will look. If they are pocketable, I think those will be the limits. The Note 2 has a bit of wiggle room in size. If you remove the hardware buttons, you might be able to fit a 6.3 inch device into the body of a Note 2.
Maybe if they fold it in half or something. Look how much bigger it is:
http://www.displaywars.com/5,5-inch-16x9-vs-6,3-inch-16x9

RetroMG

/sigh. I decided to clean out my phone tonight, so I formatted the SD Card and decided to try a new ROM. I saw a Paranoid Android release for Incredible 2, but when I run it, the Home button doesn't work, the Market doesn't work, and now when I try another ROM (CM10, for instance,) it still doesn't work.

Frustrated.

EDIT: Okay! Got CM7 running properly! Progress!

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
/sigh. I decided to clean out my phone tonight, so I formatted the SD Card and decided to try a new ROM. I saw a Paranoid Android release for Incredible 2, but when I run it, the Home button doesn't work, the Market doesn't work, and now when I try another ROM (CM10, for instance,) it still doesn't work.

Frustrated.

EDIT: Okay! Got CM7 running properly! Progress!

What was your problem? I'm just curious.

VanWinkle

I think my S3 is pretty darn smooth, but my friend just got a Note II, and holy cow is that thing buttery. The only place you can tell the difference is the homescreens/app screens, but it's definitely quite a bit smoother.

gcubed

So...when is Google Play Match launching in the US?

its already running, although they do very little in the way of touching everything you have already uploaded. Its not very similar to itunes match.

I'd love for them to clean up whats already up there, but they don't (at least so far). Its very invisible to the end user, the only way to notice it is how fast new content uploads to your account.

Pctx

Banned
its already running, although they do very little in the way of touching everything you have already uploaded. Its not very similar to itunes match.

I'd love for them to clean up whats already up there, but they don't (at least so far). Its very invisible to the end user, the only way to notice it is how fast new content uploads to your account.

That's crude. So is there any way of forcing them to update your library and art work?

gcubed

That's crude. So is there any way of forcing them to update your library and art work?

not that i know of, which is the absolute shittiest part of this whole thing. There is no way to know what of your music is "matchable", which would be the first step to being actually helpful. If i have shitty recording and bad tags/images, worst case scenario you can run a "google match" against it, or hell, delete it and let it match and add it back in. There is no user feedback whatsoever on it.

There's a reason Google is offering it for free unlike itunes. Its near useless.

go to google music on the web

delete all

reupload.

???

profit

i've reuploaded my library like twice because i like parity and i've been trying to clean up the local copy of my library. if you edit the local file, i'm pretty sure it either doesn't get uploaded by google music, or it gets reuploaded as a double. so i just delete everything and start over. waiting a few days for a large library is worth it for the organization.

edit: oh and since when has it been running? i never saw any announcement for that

tino

Banned
Google music upload is really a busted app on Windows.

It doesn't upload if there are too many music files. Just moved uploaded files out of the folder and leave the ones you need to upload in the upload folder.

Google musoc upload is really a busted app on Windows.

It doesn't upload if there are too many music files. Just need the ones that uploaded out of the folder and leave the ones you need to upload in the upload folder.

yeah but i don't go over the 20,000 file requirement. i have never had a problem with the initial upload, only when i edit files.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Google music upload is really a busted app on Windows.

It doesn't upload if there are too many music files. Just moved uploaded files out of the folder and leave the ones you need to upload in the upload folder.

It's the same on OSX. It runs like crap.

tino

Banned
yeah but i don't go over the 20,000 file requirement. i have never had a problem with the initial upload, only when i edit files.

I have 10k songs. It stopped uploading after half way. I basically had to put a batch of music in the upload folder at a time, in the curse of 1 week and upload the whole library slowly.

Any update on the mp3 tag you have to delete the online version and upload them again.

You have to treat that upload app like a retard.

I have 10k songs. It stopped uploading after half way. I basically had to put a batch of music in the upload folder at a time, in the curse of 1 week and upload the whole library slowly.

Any update on the mp3 tag you have to delete the online version and upload them again.

I had to use your logo as my avatar. It's too good not to. Hope you don't mind :)

So HTC is actually going to attempt to release their next flagship on all carriers according to rumours. Should be funny to see if it works out. Specs seem pretty great. 2300 battery is alright, I wish it were more. Though if the DNA gets decent battery life at a 5 inch screen, then a battery with 280 more mah at 4.7 should be pretty good.

Still though, I expect Sony and Samsung to come out with 2400/2500 to 2800 batteries in their next flagships.

gcubed

never had a problem with uploading music, but yes, you need to delete and reupload anything you change.

They never officially announced that the matching was up, but you can see that it is on uploads. Some just appear in your library, others have to upload. I have no idea what makes one matchable and what doesn't, as i've bought songs that are available from the Play store, and 1 out of 3 albums "matched" the others had to upload

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom