• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.
You better hope the battery doesn't have dimensions smaller than most Android phones, otherwise it's going to have HTC battery life.
well supposedly it's a bit thicker of a phone, that's one way they're able to fit the necessary components in the chasis. Thicker should leave room for a bigger battery.

I think it'll have 2400 minimum, which is good. No less. But yeah, I've said it, whoever comes out with the best battery by a noticeable amount, I'll use my upgrade on em immediately.

Anyone using Go Ex launcher getting this on their phones?

tumblr_mfmgu2352r1qi9fmeo1_500.png

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Just acquired a Motorola RAZR V with Virgin Mobile (Canada) for $0. Got a free bumper and $50 worth of prepaid credit cards with it. I was planning to buy a Nexus 4 later on next year but fuck it. That deal was too good and all the N4 drama discouraged me from buying one. The biggest inconvenience about the RAZR V is that the internal memory is only 4GB, with less than 2GB available. Since there's a MicroSD slot, I'll buy a 32GB memory card at this upcoming Boxing Day.

I don't disagree, but you have to move at a smooth pace. I look at the retina macbooks and you see how bad their performance is compared to the previous model.

I see it mainly because there was no need for Intel's integrated GPUs to drive such a resolution. If you pair the MacBook with an AMD or Nvidia IGP, you won't have that problem. The pace in display technology has been so smooth, that we use lower resolutions today than what was standard 5 years ago. What a smooth pace.

You wouldn't see me bitch as much about 16:9 displays, if the resolution actually went up.

buhdeh

After a week with my Nexus 4, I will never ever stray from Nexus. So refreshing to have everything actually work in stock Android instead of messing around with ROMs on my S3.

Just from reading the last 3 pages of the ATT S3 CM10 thread on XDA, I'm glad I don't have to deal with the broken data, GPS problems, volume problems, voice call echos, flickering screen, and broken tethering.

Touchwiz wasn't much better. Everytime I got a whatsapp notification when using BeyondPod/AntennaPod/Volks, my podcasts would suddenly switch to the external speaker.

waxer

5" isnt that bad. Just a bit taller than an s3
2Dbvu.jpg

Are there any other 5" 1080p options due soon other than the Chinese Oppo Find 5 and ZTE Nubia Z5?

5" isnt that bad. Just a bit taller than an s3
2Dbvu.jpg

Are there any other 5" 1080p options due soon other than the Chinese Oppo Find 5 and ZTE Nubia Z5?
in the immediate future? don't think so. But in Q1/Q2 of next year you're looking at HTC/Sony/Samsung/LG to all release theirs.

and once again, 5 inches is possible in a smaller form factor than the S3, it all boils down to design of the internals and whatnot.

waxer

I want to upgrade as soon as possible and dont want to wait to long. My old lg p500 is the worst slowest phone ever and reboots constantly.

Vic

I want to upgrade as soon as possible and dont want to wait to long. My old lg p500 is the worst slowest phone ever and reboots constantly.
I just upgraded from a LG P500 yesterday to a low-mid range phone (Razr V). Goddamn, the P500 screen looks like SHIT now compared to my new phone and it's slows as fuck too! How did I tolerated that phone for so long...

I just upgraded from a LG P500 yesterday to a low-mid range phone (Razr V). Goddamn, the P500 screen looks like SHIT now compared to my new phone and it's slows as fuck too! How did I tolerated that phone for so long...

It's hard to go back, once you've had a taste of the good life. lol

The Razr V doesn't even use an HD screen does it. Imagine going from that to a screen like the one on the one X. Then it'll make your V look like shit :p

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid

Haha looking to upgrade from my LG Optimus One to a Galaxy S2X. It's free, no contract and a bonus $100 Best Buy gift card. Love Koodo:)

Vic

The Razr V doesn't even use an HD screen does it. Imagine going from that to a screen like the one on the one X. Then it'll make your V look like shit :p
Maybe so. The Razr V screen actually looks pretty good.

Haha looking to upgrade from my LG Optimus One to a Galaxy S2X. It's free, no contract and a bonus $100 Best Buy gift card. Love Koodo:)
Galaxy S2x for free? Didn't saw that deal at the Koodo official website. Then I guess it's a Best Buy deal.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Maybe so. The Razr V screen actually looks pretty good.

Galaxy S2x for free? Didn't saw that deal at the Koodo official website. Then I guess it's a Best Buy deal.

I have $90 of Positive Tab saved up. Otherwise it's $50 + $150 Tab from BB + $100 Gift Card.

Vic

I have $90 of Positive Tab saved up. Otherwise it's $50 + $150 Tab from BB + $100 Gift Card.
You can accumulate a positive tab? Hopefully it's like that as well with Virgin Mobile. BTW, FutureShop are selling 32GB MicroSD Class 10 cards for $20 through the Boxing Day.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
You can accumulated a positive tab? Hopefully it's like that as well with Virgin Mobile. BTW, FutureShop are selling 32GB MicroSD Class 10 cards for $20 through the Boxing Day.

Not sure you could with Virgin but with Koodo you can accumulate up to $150 so in total you can get a $300 phone for $0*.

I know the S2X is old but with how fast the Tab can be payed off I can upgrade every 1.5 years. I'm still jealous of the Nexus 4 I got the gf:-(

Vic

Not sure you could with Virgin but with Koodo you can accumulate up to $150 so in total you can get a $300 phone for $0*.

I know the S2X is old but with how fast the Tab can be payed off I can upgrade every 1.5 years. I'm still jealous of the Nexus 4 I got the gf:-(
I believe you can pay the tab in full if you ever want to. It's like that with Virgin.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I wish Apple would make a 5" phone. They're the only ones that get it. They'll make it so the phone isn't unwieldy.

speaking of screens, i saw the Droid DNA in person yesterday. DAMN!!!

Are those people saying '1080P is a waste' off their rockers?

I wish Apple would make a 5" phone. They're the only ones that get it. They'll make it so the phone isn't unwieldy.
can't make a phone thats smaller than the panel.

definitely. that thing looked so damn clear! the black levels were pretty good too, not AMOLED godly but pretty good. anyone who thinks its a waste needs to see one in person.

gimmmick

droid_dna_zps3c40e616.jpg

I'm so grateful my cousin is senior director, global media of HTC :)

ip5_dna_zps824496ee.jpg

Now it's off to determine which will be my daily driver. First world problem at it's finest.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t86/gimmmick/droid_dna_zps3c40e616.jpg[/MG]

I'm so grateful my cousin is senior director, global media of HTC :)

[IMG]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t86/gimmmick/ip5_dna_zps824496ee.jpg[/IG]

Now it's off to determine which will be my daily driver. First world problem at it's finest.[/QUOTE]

Tell your cousin to get HTC back on track.

gimmmick

Tell your cousin to get HTC back on track.

You have no idea how many times I txt her with 3200 Mha battery and SD card whenever htc releases info or when rumors leak out haha. But yeah, hopefully htc gets there shit together, I do enjoy getting a new phone every 3 - 6 months.

Bboy AJ

Alright how did Andrex get banned again

gcubed

It'd be 9" long and 2" wide. The iPhone 5 proves they don't "get it"

panda21

has MIUI added anything good since they initially jumped to ICS? it seemed kind of cool but i stopped paying attention when they were doing that ridiculous interactive 'room' thing like microsoft bob.

tino

Banned
has MIUI added anything good since they initially jumped to ICS? it seemed kind of cool but i stopped paying attention when they were doing that ridiculous interactive 'room' thing like microsoft bob.

I still like MIUI alot (best themeing engine) but Go Launcher and Notification Toggle can give me 90% of the good feature I want from MIUI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom