• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

http://www.lowyat.net/2013/01/11/3624/breaking-android-4-2-2-discovered-in-nexus-4/

dgVYWl.png
c3DSil.png

Over/Under on them changing the notification bar again?

they need to change the slow settings

Kiraly

jesus fuck the K900 is enormous

lenovo-k900-vs-samsung-gala.jpg

That's no S3, that's a
Note 2

thing will be a beast though

http://www.androidauthority.com/first-benchmark-results-intel-powered-lenovo-k900-146624/

Ready for it? Well, it seems that the Lenovo IdeaPhone K900 with “Intel Inside” has scored a whopping 27,154 points in an AnTuTu benchmark test performed by Tech Authors and a slightly lower 25,481 in a similar test conducted by GSM Insider.

But let’s see how some of the competition ranks in the same benchmark test. What’s everyone’s go-to “phablet” nowadays, the Galaxy Note 2? Well, as it happens, the big guy running on Sammy’s awesome Exynos 4412 quad-core platform can only achieve scores of between 13,000 and 15,000 points in AnTuTu.

i think you can use audio fx widget for that, not sure how well it works though

LG stops Nexus 4 production?? A rumor is up that they are stopping it to produce a new Nexus.

Although i probably wouldn't buy it. I hope they are stopping to either add in a new qualcomm chip or to add AT&T LTE and a 32GB onboard storage option. ya know since they already have a T-Mo LTE version lololol

In about 2-3 weeks, Nexus 4 owners in Vegas (rumored to be one of the first area's with LTE turned on) should have LTE, right? Mixed with truly unlimited data, and I may be switching to T-Mo in the next 6 months depending on how fast their LTE rollout reaches So Cal.

gcubed

i think you can use audio fx widget for that, not sure how well it works though

LG stops Nexus 4 production?? A rumor is up that they are stopping it to produce a new Nexus.

Although i probably wouldn't buy it. I hope they are stopping to either add in a new qualcomm chip or to add AT&T LTE and a 32GB onboard storage option. ya know since they already have a T-Mo LTE version lololol

In about 2-3 weeks, Nexus 4 owners in Vegas (rumored to be one of the first area's with LTE turned on) should have LTE, right? Mixed with truly unlimited data, and I may be switching to T-Mo in the next 6 months depending on how fast their LTE rollout reaches So Cal.

read the actual article, nothing of the sort is in it

Futureman

I added a contact through "Contacts" in Gmail on my computer.

the contact shows up in the People app but not in the phone app. How do you get it to show up in Phone??

using a GNex here.

and would it be any different on a GS III? My friend who just got a GS III asked and I was trying to figure it out myself.

I added a contact through "Contacts" in Gmail on my computer.

the contact shows up in the People app but not in the phone app. How do you get it to show up in Phone??

using a GNex here.

and would it be any different on a GS III? My friend who just got a GS III asked and I was trying to figure it out myself.
You may have it set to only display contacts with phone numbers. Play around with the settings.

kehs

Banned

Hey man, that mini guide is awesome.

After it takes like 5 seconds to load the data. =/

Still can't believe they don't background service that data fetch.

The voice thing is cool too, since it uses google's natural question interpretation is pretty good now.

So I wanted to see if there was any nice HTC leaks so I hit up the usual dudes twitter who has been leaking everything about the M7 lately (Football4PDA) and it doesn't work. Did HTC murder him and take his twitter down or something. I just visited it last night.

They has some sense 5 leaks earlier today. It wasn't awful
yeah apparently he had said that the new sense is "simpler and cleaner" in some areas, he mentioned the lockscreen, but the he said that the leaks are a bit outdated (like the lockscreen) and it looks different now.

Sense really needs an overhaul. Get rid of that stupid multitasking, strip out everything causing it to be the behemoth it is, keep in the great camera software, and that's enough. They killed for Sense every time in reviews, and they keep saying they are aware and are trying to make it better, and every time they say it is lighter, lol. Just do it in one fell swoop.

gcubed

yeah apparently he had said that the new sense is "simpler and cleaner" in some areas, he mentioned the lockscreen, but the he said that the leaks are a bit outdated (like the lockscreen) and it looks different now.

Sense really needs an overhaul. Get rid of that stupid multitasking, strip out everything causing it to be the behemoth it is, keep in the great camera software, and that's enough.

The handful of screens didn't look quite as out of place as the current sense does. It looked a bit more android. If they got better if be interested to see how it progressed. Hopefully HTC woke up to it's deficiencies

they are not the number 1 phone manufacturer for nothing, having different products for different markets/price point is brilliant

I know it makes sense, but it feels slightly overwhelming with so many different models rolling out. At least for me, anyway. I'm not sure what I'll get next, if the S4 impresses me then I'll settle with that, or I'll just get the updated S2.

S3 is one ugly phone, blergh

MarkusRJR

God damn I've been looking at all the CES coverage and there's only massive phones on display. Why can't there be a good 4.0-4.3" phone. I can't carry these massive phones.

Threi

notag
God damn I've been looking at all the CES coverage and there's only massive phones on display. Why can't there be a good 4.0-4.3" phone. I can't carry these massive phones.
You will take the phone design we push on you and you will like it

If it helps the new htc flagship is said to stay at 4.7 inches while only improving in resolution to 1080p. That's one major manufacturer not going for the 5 inch parade everywhere.

MarkusRJR

I give up with waiting for a phone. I'm way to impatient. My old phone died a few months ago and have since been using a dumb phone since. I'm with Koodo (Canadian prepaid carrier).

I'm planning to pick up a phone in the next week or so because my dumb phone glitches out when I get texts and freezes whenever I open them. Which phone would you guys recommend? I'm looking at the white Samsung Galaxy Ace 2X or a white iPhone 4 (if only for the iOS games I want to try). The Ace 2X looks really nice but I'm not sure how it performs.

I wanted a Nexus 4 but it's near impossible to get one, and ebay has ridiculous prices.

Advice?

I give up with waiting for a phone. I'm way to impatient. My old phone died a few months ago and have since been using a dumb phone since. I'm with Koodo (Canadian prepaid carrier).

I'm planning to pick up a phone in the next week or so because my dumb phone glitches out when I get texts and freezes whenever I open them. Which phone would you guys recommend? I'm looking at the white Samsung Galaxy Ace 2X or a white iPhone 4 (if only for the iOS games I want to try). The Ace 2X looks really nice but I'm not sure how it performs.

I wanted a Nexus 4 but it's near impossible to get one, and ebay has ridiculous prices.

Advice?
I'd just take the iPhone honestly over a shitty low end android phone. Shame you can't get a nexus.

Maybe the galaxy s2?

MarkusRJR

Ehh I'm not really feeling any of those. If you're looking for cheapest but better than terrible then get the one v. But I'd just take the iPhone honestly over a shitty low end android phone. Shame you can't get a nexus.
My close work friend has a One V. It seemed awesome for the first 2 months she had it but she told me it's gotten really slow and glitchy already. I don't want to risk it.

I don't want to spend more than $450 on a phone (without tax included) so that removes the SGSIII as an option. The iPhone 4 is getting kind of outdated though and there's only 8gb with no microsd slot (leaving my 32gb card useless). I'm scared the iPhone 4 will run like the 3GS does now when the iOS7 update eventually comes out.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid

Advice?

Don't get the Ace 2X. Might as well the the Galaxy S2X. I'm with Koodo too and I'm waiting for the Galaxy S3 to come in a non ugly color. I want another Nexus 4 but I have all of my Tab paid off and $150 of positive Tab. Don't want to waste $300 of free upgrades.

You could always get the iPhone 4 on a Tab plan and pick up a Nexus 4 if it ever gets released again then sell the iPhone for a decent price.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Anyone else having issues with quoting GAF posts? Lets say I highlight a portion of the quote in a reply. I then either try to type over it or delete it. It will delete the wrong portion. It's annoying and stops me from posting on mGAF.

AOSP browser but possibly others. Not sure.

MarkusRJR

Don't get the Ace 2X. Might as well the the Galaxy S2X. I'm with Koodo too and I'm waiting for the Galaxy S3 to come in a non ugly color. I want another Nexus 4 but I have all of my Tab paid off and $150 of positive Tab. Don't want to waste $300 of free upgrades.

You could always get the iPhone 4 on a Tab plan and pick up a Nexus 4 if it ever gets released again then sell the iPhone for a decent price.
Another fellow Koodo-er? :eek:

But yeah I hate the pebble blue colored S3. Using it every day would piss me off. I'm really picky with colors/designs of devices and it can make me avoid otherwise good products if they are hideous. If they had the white S3 I might consider splurging but with only pebble blue nah. Is there any info if Koodo will be getting any new phones soon or am I shit outta luck?

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
That screen is massive. Love Sony phones.

Another fellow Koodo-er? :eek:

But yeah I hate the pebble blue colored S3. Using it every day would piss me off. I'm really picky with colors/designs of devices and it can make me avoid otherwise good products if they are hideous. If they had the white S3 I might consider splurging but with only pebble blue nah. Is there any info if Koodo will be getting any new phones soon or am I shit outta luck?

No new info but based on previous years I wouldn't be surprised if we get a white S3 around April/May. As soon as the S4 is released Telus will allot some overstock to Koodo.

If you really need a phone but don't want to get stuck buying a new one you could check Kijiji or just get a iPhone 4 on a Tab and sell it when you want something better. I can send you a $25 referral code too lol.

I think the Telus Prepaid Galaxy S2X is $248 at Walmart and should work with Koodo. Other than that Telus has a Sony Xperia Ray for $78 at Futureshop. LG Optimus Ones can be had for $40 or less on Kijiji. The last two are pure budget handsets but can hold one over.

MNC

Can anyone give me some info (developers preferred) what their experiences are with AdMob and the likes and using it in your app?

tino

Banned
I have been playing with all the floating app and try to find some 3rd party solution similar's Galaxy Note II's multiView multi app feature.

Most of them are not good.

Floating Widget: can't move the floating window at real time.

Widgets Anywhere: ugly and huge title bar, can't run 2 widgets at the same time, no way to trigger individual widget

Floating banner: same problem as Widget Anywhere and its not even floating, it just take up the bottom of the screen.

Widget Window: This is the best out them all. Its free and you can resize, move floating widget in real time. You can also make the useless title bar transparent.

Its hard to turn on individual widget. I have to go to Widget Windows,click on the customized widget, click "show window" to turn it on. That's way too many clicks.

However, I find out I can trigger the individual widget with "Notification Toggle". So now I can swipe down the the Notification screen, click on the button and get a floating calendar or floating calculator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom