• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Is there a good RSS for Android games? Maybe similar to Touch Arcade for iOS?

Android Police frequently has game reviews or "best games of the week" or whatever.

You can also check out some of the gaming channels on Playboard.

EDIT:Damn you Pyro

Kiraly

GSMarena received their Oppo Find 5.

gsmarena_005.jpg

http://blog.gsmarena.com/oppo-find-5-arrives-at-the-office-we-gawk-at-its-1080p-screen/

Pretty cool yo

tino

Banned
The Oppo phone look exact like that leaked Motorola X phone (or vice versa).

And its actually called "Find 5"? not "Finder 5". What a horrible name. Just call it "Oppo Five" for godssake.

edit: minimal branding and proper Samsung hardware key arrangement, I like the hardware design.

$15/month to unlock a phone I've paid for? Are they kidding me?

That better not be true.

[edit] Also, is anyone having an issue where, if they attempt to look at the list of all Google Inc. apps via mobile Play Store, it's missing quite a few of them? Whenever I check, I can never see Music, Currents, Authenticator, and a bunch of others for some reason. This was after a fresh ROM flash and having no Google Apps other than the Play Store installed. Beta was missing also, for some reason, and was the only one I couldn't manually search for and find a hit. I ended up having to restore via Titanium backup.

thats a hilarious pricing tier!

Pctx

Banned
Rumors going around:

yPPefTk.jpg

Very nice design.. I swear that would be a massive change from the ugly ass chassis that motorola normally uses. The info with the rumor about the X phone though make me think its fake. It reads like a smartphone fanboys wet dream:

http://www.droid-life.com/2013/01/2...ply-in-google-play-and-unlockable-on-verizon/

The bolded sounds fake, and the red highlighted sounds horrible enough to be true.

To these points:
Motorola X Phone will be announced at Google I/O in May. Confirmed, on sale around mid-June, July for Verizon.
Current target for release is July 8 (definitely subject to change). see above
All carriers will sell the X Phone. Confirmed. GSM carriers will see priority on this device with Verizon getting it a month later and Spring sometime in Aug/Sept.
Verizon will sell it for $299 on contract. Unconfirmed at this time. Rumors I'm hearing is this might be the first phone that bumps to $349 on a 2 year agreement
All versions will also be sold through the Google Play store at similar off-contract price to Nexus line. Confirmed this as well. We'll see two versions initially, 16/32 and 64 this fall.
If you want to unlock the bootloader through Verizon, they will charge a $15/month fee. I heard there is an unlock for Verizon but hadn't heard $15/month fee
If you buy it through Google Play, it comes unlocked with no fee. Confirmed. Phone comes unlock if purchased through Play Store
Not a "Nexus" but will come running stock Android and with some bloatware.Only the Verizon and Sprint versions will have bloat.
Bloatware can apparently be removed once unlocked." See above

So there you go guys.... I've bit my lip for long enough. I'm not expecting that this phone will be showing its lovely face at MWC (as a featured phone) but we'll start seeing spy shots of it by then. Cannot f'ning wait!!!

Fake, fake edit: That render doesn't even do the phone justice. For those drooling over the Sony Z, just wait.

buhdeh

To these points:

So there you go guys.... I've bit my lip for long enough. I'm not expecting that this phone will be showing its lovely face at MWC (as a featured phone) but we'll start seeing spy shots of it by then. Cannot f'ning wait!!!

Fake, fake edit: That render doesn't even do the phone justice. For those drooling over the Sony Z, just wait.

You better not be screwing with us!

Is it going to follow Motorola's hardware designs or Google's Nexus designs? If it's the former, I'll pass.

Pctx

Banned
This is a Moto phone to the core. We're not going to get the posh "Ohhhhhh my gooddddddd Nexusssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss" like videos that we had with the N4. Frankly, it's not warranted. What Google is doing is pushing other manufactures to innovate further. I'm thankful they are doing this too since the N4 is so an F up on Google's part.

buhdeh

Well I'm strictly talking about hardware design because I think most of the RAZR phones look tacky as hell with the carbon fiber stuff.

giga

To these points:

I don't get why it would be $350 on a 2 year contract but also have similar off-contract pricing ($299/$350) to the Nexus 4.

Time for this years award nominees (i often wonder why we don't have yearly Android awards, probably because we already know all the winners):

The HTC award (No hope left for):

HTC
Moto

Little hope left for:

Moto (needs more Googy pls)
HTC

The Big Pun award (still not a major player)

Sony
Asus (dare i say it?, i mean c'mon they haven't even put out a phone yet in the US)
Huawei
Pantech (lol)
LG

C'mon just make it perfect this time:

Samsung
HTC

I probably could have done this better, some have official names, some dont. you get the point though.

tino

Banned
This is a Moto phone to the core. We're not going to get the posh "Ohhhhhh my gooddddddd Nexusssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss" like videos that we had with the N4. Frankly, it's not warranted. What Google is doing is pushing other manufactures to innovate further. I'm thankful they are doing this too since the N4 is so an F up on Google's part.

When is google going to get off its ass and offer multi app interface so I don't have to keep getting Samsung phones?

tino

Banned
Time for this years award nominees (i often wonder why we don't have yearly Android awards, probably because we already know all the winners):

The HTC award (No hope left for):

HTC
Moto

Little hope left for:

Moto (needs more Googy pls)
HTC

The Big Pun award (still not a major player)

Sony
Asus (dare i say it?, i mean c'mon they haven't even put out a phone yet in the US)
Huawei
Pantech (lol)
LG

C'mon just make it perfect this time:

Samsung
HTC

I probably could have done this better, some have official names, some dont. you get the point though.

We should cast our vote on the "Best Android Phone of 2012" first and then we can play the 2013 prediction game. Although its gong to be an easy win for S3.

To these points:

screen/camera news? Typical motorola mediocrity or something good? What about size of the phone? Monstrosity or ZL no bezel compact style?

Also I still plan to get the Xperia ZL or S4 but if this almost assuredly disappointing phone (pessimist till the end) ends up good on every front, I'll gladly sell my current phone and buy it off the play store.

Cipherr

To these points:

Motorola X Phone will be announced at Google I/O in May. Confirmed, on sale around mid-June, July for Verizon.
Current target for release is July 8 (definitely subject to change). see above
All carriers will sell the X Phone. Confirmed. GSM carriers will see priority on this device with Verizon getting it a month later and Spring sometime in Aug/Sept.
Verizon will sell it for $299 on contract. Unconfirmed at this time. Rumors I'm hearing is this might be the first phone that bumps to $349 on a 2 year agreement
All versions will also be sold through the Google Play store at similar off-contract price to Nexus line. Confirmed this as well. We'll see two versions initially, 16/32 and 64 this fall.
If you want to unlock the bootloader through Verizon, they will charge a $15/month fee. I heard there is an unlock for Verizon but hadn't heard $15/month fee
If you buy it through Google Play, it comes unlocked with no fee. Confirmed. Phone comes unlock if purchased through Play Store
Not a "Nexus" but will come running stock Android and with some bloatware.Only the Verizon and Sprint versions will have bloat.
Bloatware can apparently be removed once unlocked." See above

iby9qDSSaKMLF4.gif

Qvoth

To these points:

is that anywhere close to final design? because as of now it's not that visually appealing to me

Wow. Installing a custom rom for a relatively unknown (it seems) tablet is a good experience. Got Jelly Bean up and running on my old Acer Iconia a100. :p

now if only samsung would release the damn thing for my s2...

Stryder

Pretty sure that there has been an official 4.1.2 release for the S2, go and have a look over at xda.

Here is my epic citadel results on my note 2:

YYRDhyU.jpeg

gcubed

wait pctx, you won't be able to get the actual verizon phone off of the play store, only the GSM phones (and i assume they will be GSM + LTE)

For the S4, there's already been pretty reliable rumours that we're looking at March 22nd reveal and April 15th target launch. Or thereabouts. Sammobile has a good track record.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom