• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talon

Did Google ChromeOS always use the same icon from Android (Gingerbread) for the apps draw?

chrome_os_messaging_icon_512.jpg

Also...UNIVERSAL MESSAGING IS COMING
to ChromeOS
It's going to come to Android and presumably the web platform as well. Makes too much sense.

jokkir

Hopefully if it's on Android 5.0 that 4.0+ devices will get the messaging app updated as well. Damn Nexus S is aging :(

Pctx

Banned
I know about that 7" Flyer or whatever it's called. And even making no money on them it's a great way to familiarize more people with your brand and it's USPs and to get them to buy your phones.
They were terrible products compared to what we have now.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
That messenger icon is terrible because it means there's still more than one messaging client. It just looks like they are housing them in one spot. It's an improvement but it's not what I want.

Blue → Google Voice/Google Talk
Green → Stock Messenger
Red → Google+ Messenger
Yellow → Google+ Hangouts

<3 that website

Android Police is amazing.

Did Google ChromeOS always use the same icon from Android (Gingerbread) for the apps draw?

chrome_os_messaging_icon_512.jpg

Also...UNIVERSAL MESSAGING IS COMING
to ChromeOS
gMessage

That messenger icon is terrible because it means there's still more than one messaging client. It just looks like they are housing them in one spot. It's an improvement but it's not what I want.

Blue &#8594; Google Voice/Google Talk
Green &#8594; Stock Messenger
Red &#8594; Google+ Messenger
Yellow &#8594; Google+ Hangouts
people wanted unified messaging, people got unified messaging!

The iOS jailbreak thread is amusing. Everyone's posting screenshots of their tweaks and I barely can tell a difference. Except for that one guy who's using ComicSans as the font for his clock.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Galaxy Young / Galaxy Fame:

Another day, another Galaxy! After recently announcing the Galaxy Express, Samsung introduced not one, but two new Galaxy phones: Galaxy Young, and Galaxy Fame. The specs on the new phones are nothing extraordinary but they’re addressing a certain segment of the market.

The Galaxy Young packs a 3.27-inch HVGA resolution screen, 1GHz processor, 768MB of RAM, 4GB internal storage (expandable via microSD card), three-megapixel main camera on the back, Bluetooth, WiFi, 1,300mAh battery and Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.

The Galaxy Fame is both better and worse depending on the specs you look at, packing a 3.5-inch HVGA resolution display, 1GHz processor, 512MB of RAM, 4GB of internal storage (expandable via microSD), VGA front-facer, five-megapixel main shooter at the back, Bluetooth, WiFi, optional NFC, Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, and a 1,300mAh battery.

These too will probably be on display at MWC, though the press release doesn’t mention anything regarding availability and pricing. Check it out at the source link below for more details including color options as well as dual-SIM flavors.

http://www.samsungmobilepress.com/2013/02/04/Samsung-GALAXY-Young-and-Samsung-GALAXY-Fame

Futureman

what does it mean when your 4G connection bar is gray instead of blue? My internet still loads... It seems like Google Voice has issues sending texts when it's gray, but Chrome still loads NeoGAF just fine.

SimleuqiR

what does it mean when your 4G connection bar is gray instead of blue? My internet still loads... It seems like Google Voice has issues sending texts when it's gray, but Chrome still loads NeoGAF just fine.

I think it means you are NOT connected to Google services.

The iOS jailbreak thread is amusing. Everyone's posting screenshots of their tweaks and I barely can tell a difference. Except for that one guy who's using ComicSans as the font for his clock.
a lot of people are conservative but you can do a lot more than you think. You can literally change everything. Not saying this is good, I think most customizations are gaudy as fuck, just like most android customizations but as an example of how wildly different things can be: http://i.imgur.com/pz6h6dl.jpg

where is all the android news at, monday gone by and nothing. Now it's tuesday. LEAKS PEOPLE.

Threi

notag
Small tweaks are good. Some of the crap ive seen people do to their android phones are some of the ugliest things I've ever seen.

Talon

a lot of people are conservative but you can do a lot more than you think. You can literally change everything. Not saying this is good, I think most customizations are gaudy as fuck, just like most android customizations but as an example of how wildly different things can be: http://i.imgur.com/pz6h6dl.jpg

where is all the android news at, monday gone by and nothing. Now it's tuesday. LEAKS PEOPLE.
That customization gave me cancer.

Most customizations that deviate from the OS too much look horrendous. Even the ones that try too hard at being simplistic. I just hate them all mostly :p

Pctx

Banned

Brought to by TriPod.

Saw these renders on droid-life, the specs are fake and the renders fake, so keep that in mind, I'm just posting it to show how much more amazing the galaxy line could look without the cheap plastic:

samsung! Get on that.

buhdeh

plastic ain't bad if it's done right. All the S2 variants looked fine to me. Don't know why they went backwards with the S3 cause the glossy plastics look cheap as hell.

I'm not anti-plastic. I'm anti-cheap plastic feeling. I've held plastic phones that felt pretty damn good but that cheap glossy plastic samsung is using these days is just mehhhhhhhh.

Futureman

may have asked before but I don't think I got a response.

has anyone deleted their Google Music library and re-uploaded since they implemented the scan-and-match system? About 30% of my library has fucked up artist/album/song tags. They are perfect in iTunes (which I used to use exclusively from like 2003-2011). Wondering if deleting and reuploading will sort things out? Does Goog actually scan the waveform of the file, or does it scan and match based off the song's ID3 tags? (I assume the former as it would be easy to trick it otherwise??)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom