• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

tino

Banned
I have no idea what you just said lol. Nexus 7 got released --> I bought it because I thought it was great. Then the ipad mini got release and I sold my nexus 7 for one because I think IT is great. If I find an android tablet that matches it and I find it compelling enough, I will buy it. Premium feeling high quality android tablet the same size as the mini with stock android on it kind of makes me drool. And that's ignoring my consistent hesitation because of the lack of tablet apps, which I do use plenty of on my ipad.

Do you no know somebody is going to put the iPad mini screen in an Android tablet, it will happen within 1 year. Apple's cinema display/tablet screens always find a way to show up in off brand products. Are you going to buy one then? If you do, go ahead a write it down now because I am going to bookmark your post and come back and call you bullshit soon.

Do you no know somebody is going to put the iPad mini screen in an Android tablet, it will happen within 1 year. Apple's cinema display/tablet screens always find a way to show up in off brand products. Are you going to buy one then? If you do, go ahead a write it down now because I am going to bookmark your post and come back and call you bullshit soon.
yes if it's the same and has great specs at a desirable price, and of course runs stock android then yes I would heavily consider it. Obviously there's many variables. I'm not going to buy some shitty chinese knockoff. I have standards. I also have to have money at the time.

In the end I'd probably not get it so I can keep my iOS/Android phone combo going. But I'd want it. If it were cheap I'd buy it anyway and use both lulzz. One for bathroom one for everywhere else.

gcubed

Nope, the 4:3 is better but the over all dimensions....not so much. I was really disappointed I could stash it in my back pocket. And one handed holding? Too wide.

Cygnus knows what's up.

i even disagree with the 4:3 comment, because with a screen that small on a consumption device, i'd much rather have a longer screen for browsing websites. 10" ... definitely 4:3, 7" .. not so much

kehs

Banned
i even disagree with the 4:3 comment, because with a screen that small on a consumption device, i'd much rather have a longer screen for browsing websites. 10" ... definitely 4:3, 7" .. not so much

Much preferred websites on the mini ratio, way too much zooming and panning for fitment on websites on the n7.

I don't watch enough videos on this thing worry about movies and shows having black bars. Yhat's what my awesome Google TV is for anyways.

Comparing it to my iPad 3, the battery life is worse and the aspect ratio is terrible. That said, I'm still glad I made the switch because I love Android. It's so much better to have proper notifications and background apps again.

Regarding battery life, this thing lasts a day or two. The iPad was a champ, lasting a week or so before I had to charge it. Now, in the N10's defense, I've never ran it stock. I rooted, ROM'd, and franco kernel'd it in the first minute of use. My worse battery life may be attributable to that. Or maybe I don't have my apps working so well. I just noticed Falcon Pro's streaming mode is streaming 100% of the time, all the time, instead of just when the app is in the foreground. Bad decision on their fault. Who expects an app to work like that? Anyway, I just turned that option off so hopefully the battery lasts better.

I never, ever use my tablets in portrait. The iPad felt alright when using it in portrait but I prefer landscape. It was used 99% of the time in landscape. And it was mostly GAF. So I think our use case differs.

Using the Nexus 10 in portrait is not possible. I'd like to know who actually uses it like that. I can see the Nexus 7 being fine in portrait as it's small enough but the 10, no chance.

On the plus side, Press is really awesome looking on a tablet. Too bad they still haven't figured out how to swipe to the next article instead of the dumb buttons.

i use the n10 in portrait, it is ridiculously long, but i think i like that. also weight distribution doesn't really allow for you to use it like that without thinking, "this is the incorrect way to hold this tablet" but physically i have the strength of like 10 bears so...yeah.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
You guys are all bullshit. That android tablet with the 10" iPad tablet is out. As a matter of fact there are 2 versions. How come you guys are not buying them?

If there is a 8" 3X4 Android tablet out, I bet you people won't spend your own money to buy it. Talk is cheap.
Bullshit. I always go through with my statements. I am not buying another non Nexus device. The Note experience soured me on ROMs. They're always half assed. Get me an iPad mini sized Nexus and I will buy it. Bookmark it.

Go look at the 27" monitor thread. I bought two.

tino

Banned
Well google is obvious not going to make another non 16x10 tablet. If you put it a requirement like that, its never going to happen.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Well google is obvious not going to make another non 16x10 tablet. If you put it a requirement like that, its never going to happen.
Then I'll never buy one. That doesn't mean the iPad aspect ratio isn't superior. For me, anyway. That goes double for the Mini's dimensions. The screen looks roomier than the Nexus 7.

kehs

Banned
When I pair up devices to Youtube I can type in whatever name for the device I want.

That also adds a third entry to the list, which is kinda lame.

Able remote pulls the device name when searching for gtvs, why don't any of the google apps? Not even the google tv remote apps pulls the name.

HTC One:

qKMysNE.jpg

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
It looks really slabish which IMO isn't a good thing. Also that homescreen looks way to busy to me.

EDIT: I thought iPhone 5 as well though I didn't initial post that.

Where's the multitasking? Don't tell me they're gonna make you hold down the home button only to see that still-horrendous Sense app switcher.

obviously you activate multitasking by pressing the High Tech Computers button.

Am I the only person in the world that doesn't link my Facebook account to my phone?

i have the Facebook app installed, but i don't 'sync' anything Facebook with anything else.

Nicktendo86

My god that looks terrible. Why take away the multitasking button? I mean what is the justification with fucking around with the buttons like that?
Also, with the new blackberry, seems to be a small trend to put manufacture logo on the bottom rather than top of the phone. Don't know if I like that.

Kiraly

Just picked up my Xiaomi M2 from the post office, goddamn can't wait till tonight when I get home.

Dat new phone feel

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I dunno, I kinda like the retro-ish design. Not the best looking phone ever by far, but not that bad I'd say.

I'm easy to impress though.

HTC want to survive? Make a stock non-Nexus device. For once.

Why aren't they even trying to do that? They've done a lot of crap phones before that I don't see them trying to do a stock Android device as a lose anymore.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
They used their metro team to design the weather icons. Everything is ruined.

Also then inexplicably added gradients to it.

Also also, lol at how those tiles will look when people upload images at different aspect ratios.

Talon

I actually like the look of the device, although it really does invoke the back of the iPhone 5 - or the Blackberry Z10. I'll wait until impressions of it.

The grill design is interesting. I always thought the HTC 7 Pro's grill looked neat, if not a bit impractical.
13_50_7%20pro.jpg

Pocks

So is it the general consensus that the Note II is the God-tier phone?

I was going to wait for the GSIV, but I don't think I can hold off any longer. The power button on my original DINC is broken, and it requires fiddling with the motherboard to turn the phone back on.

I'm particularly curious about the size. Anybody go from a < 4" phone to a Note II &#8212; how is it?

Talon

At this point, I think Samsung, HTC, etc. all bought ten trillion capacitive sensors and just need to finish using them.

So is it the general consensus that the Note II is the God-tier phone?

I was going to wait for the GSIV, but I don't think I can hold off any longer. The power button on my original DINC is broken, and it requires fiddling with the motherboard to turn the phone back on.

I'm particularly curious about the size. Anybody go from a < 4" phone to a Note II — how is it?
i went from a 4" phone to a Galaxy Note II and love it.

At this point, I think Samsung, HTC, etc. all bought ten trillion capacitive sensors and just need to finish using them.
maybe they heard customers like me saying that wasting screen space for permanent buttons sucks.

I don't even HATE capacitive buttons that much but it does mean bigger devices which sucks. Also why does samsung still have a menu button for gadssss sake.

Talon

The Galaxy S III and Note II can run Gingerbread?

Pyro's clearly talking about the new devices, so past software really isn't a factor here.

I don't even HATE capacitive buttons that much but it does mean bigger devices which sucks. Also why does samsung still have a menu button for gadssss sake.

remember the HTC One X?

yeah, Samsung won. and it wasn't even HTC's fault! they did things the 'right' way...

The Galaxy S III and Note II can run Gingerbread?

Pyro's clearly talking about the new devices, so past software really isn't a factor here.

they can run apps made for Gingerbread... apps with menu buttons... or ugly menu borders... see also: High Tech Computer Corporation circa 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom