• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.
Duarte was just a fluke. Time to make room for him.

uBZqr12.jpg

Someone kill me now. Fuck skeumorphism and all that it stands for.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Nurik's clock widget sometimes shows me the little icons next to the clock, and sometimes the written text underneath the clock, what's up with that? Am I doing something wrong?

Seems like it's showing the icons by default, then I'm switching lock screens to the left, back to the right, and it's all text.

Doopliss

Nurik's clock widget sometimes shows me the little icons next to the clock, and sometimes the written text underneath the clock, what's up with that? Am I doing something wrong?

Seems like it's showing the icons by default, then I'm switching lock screens to the left, back to the right, and it's all text.
That's normal behaviour. Lock screen widgets can expand and collapse. Just swipe up/down on one.

Futureman

GOOGLE I/O WHERE ARE YOU?

I want some meaty Android news. I guess we'll get some exciting handset reveals before then? Then I/O in May?

Vyer

Quick question: best way to save and email a specigic text conversation on a Galaxy S2?

I see a couple of SMS Backup apps in the Play Store. Is this the way to go?

HTC One announcement in a week, S4 announcement in a month, some random LG bullshit at MWC, and some other smaller stuff I'm sure. Lots to go before I/O.

Vyer

Quick question: best way to save and email a specigic text conversation on a Galaxy S2?

I see a couple of SMS Backup apps in the Play Store. Is this the way to go?

Anyone?

Seems some of these backup apps actually have to pull the conversations off the phone. >:[

kehs

Banned
You could try a screen grab if its short convos...

There's a copy paste app that can copy text from any screen. You need root though.

Vyer

You could try a screen grab if its short convos...

There's a copy paste app that can copy text from any screen. You need root though.

Yeah, I thought about the screens but its several conversations that are fairly long.

This SMS Backup+ app does a really cool job of forwarding each conversation to your gmail as an email. I just don't get why it has to pull them off the phone while doing the backup. Blah

tino

Banned
Yeah, I thought about the screens but its several conversations that are fairly long.

This SMS Backup+ app does a really cool job of forwarding each conversation to your gmail as an email. I just don't get why it has to pull them off the phone while doing the backup. Blah

I would just go to the desktop browser and print a pdf file. I mean how often do you have to do that anyway.

No One.

Get it? Cause of the One...like One and One.
No One Verizon LTE™

SERIOUSLY though, we make fun of HTC a lot because it's so easy but they used to have quite a following. Even the One X was a hit wasn't it (I don't mean in sales, I mean reception)? Have people really soured on them that fast?

kehs

Banned
No One Verizon LTE™

SERIOUSLY though, we make fun of HTC a lot because it's so easy but they used to have quite a following. Even the One X was a hit wasn't it (I don't mean in sales, I mean reception)? Have people really soured on them that fast?

They're just really bad at capitalizing....mostly because of sense.

I still love my N1. And every time I pick up a one x and one s I love the feel.

I won't lie. I shit on HTC every day because why not, but their devices are always at the top for me in terms of look and feel. Sense is really the only bad thing. I never owned the One X but every time I was at a store with smartphones I'd always go over to check it out for no reason other than the fact that I liked it.

They just need to take the Sense criticisms more seriously for once and actually do a crazy thing called marketing.

Cipherr

Wait, long press to toggle, instead of tapping to toggle and long press to go into settings.

Okay, let me get the good part out of the way. This is progress, its nice that you can toggle now right from the quick settings page.

Now... that being said, who in the FUCK thought it was a good idea to make the toggle LONG PRESS instead of tap? That is SO unbelievably ass backwards. Holding for the options menu makes sooooooo much more sense. What the hell. I cannot understand how something like that made it through without being swapped.

Wow.

kehs

Banned
Okay, let me get the good part out of the way. This is progress, its nice that you can toggle now right from the quick settings page.

Now... that being said, who in the FUCK thought it was a good idea to make the toggle LONG PRESS instead of tap? That is SO unbelievably ass backwards. Holding for the options menu makes sooooooo much more sense. What the hell. I cannot understand how something like that made it through without being swapped.

Wow.

Duarte is about to get Forstall'ed.

tino

Banned

Wow.

They basically took the good idea of MIUI, which has has touch to toggles and long press to setting config since 2.3 days, and royally fucked it up.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Maybe they didn't want to confuse people who had been using 4.2.1? That would still be a dumb reason to set it this way, but I can see them thinking about it like that.

Vyer

I would just go to the desktop browser and print a pdf file. I mean how often do you have to do that anyway.

You mean from the screens?

I wouldn't do it at all really, it's a one time thing for work. I think text documents or email threads would probably be preferrable.

kehs

Banned
So I just bought Super Hexagon. I bought it because it was fucking awesome on the ipad mini.

Holy shit, this is literally the first time I can say that lag on android fucking blows.

$3 bucks down the drain, I would have rather bough a bud light at a bar. Fuck.

So I just bought Super Hexagon. I bought it because it was fucking awesome on the ipad mini.

Holy shit, this is literally the first time I can say that lag on android fucking blows.

$3 bucks down the drain, I would have rather bough a bud light at a bar. Fuck.
Can't you refund it or is it too late. I don't know how that works.

Edit: and I was playing that on my mini not long ago!

Wow.
Google gonna google

Nicktendo86

Saw HTC One adverts on the billboards next to the pitch duing the Celtic/Juve game last night. Still don't like that name, sounds like an inferior version of the One X to me.

Anyways, I manually installed 4.2.2 on my GNExus today. Seems nice, think I will stay stock now. There are loads of little features and things on CM10.1 that I love but stock 4.2.2 already seems to run a little smoother for me.

MooseKing

Banned
Would the Nexus 4 be worth getting with no cell service, just wifi? I have never used an android device, and would like to get used to the OS before I make the switch (when I am not forced to be bound by contract)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom