• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyD

aka andydumi

Nice I grabbed a handful of them.

I don't have an SMS plan. Just Google Voice. It works the way SMS should. The app isn't that great but it works well enough. Better than iOS, at least.

Its in need of some updating, but it does work great.

Gwanatu T

Here's the link to the full list of $.25 apps. I assume this will be updated each day.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/collection/promotion_celebrate_25_billion

i hope it's updated. don't see buying any of those apps.

apparently though, the love is spreading to movies, music, books and magazines as well.

depending on the book or magazine, i'll bite for a quarter. possibly on music, but i tend to use amazon for mp3 purchases, or just buy a physical cd at target or best buy. usually if i'm worried about the audio quality i'll buy the cd and do the converting myself.

gcubed

i hope it's updated. don't see buying any of those apps.

apparently though, the love is spreading to movies, music, books and magazines as well.

depending on the book or magazine, i'll bite for a quarter. possibly on music, but i tend to use amazon for mp3 purchases, or just buy a physical cd at target or best buy. usually if i'm worried about the audio quality i'll buy the cd and do the converting myself.

the music, movies, books and magazines won't be a quarter.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Why do people like Tasks? It's so ugly. Explain it to me. I don't have a quarter to spare!

Gwanatu T

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/0...s-and-music-25-billion-downloads-promo-sales/

they are doing 25 of each thing, but they are 3-6 dollars for music, 5-12 for movies and .99c for books

Ah that's a shame, well those are still great deals nonetheless!

Why do people like Tasks? It's so ugly. Explain it to me. I don't have a quarter to spare!

I just use GTasks free, which is (obviously) free. Not sure what this 25 cent version does for me, but I'm perfectly happy with Gtasks free to be honest.

3phemeral

An excellent list for sure. Anyone who's anyone should buy Granny Smith if they haven't already. It's the best mobile game I've played this year for sure. Also Dual Boot's live wallpapers are always incredible, Ocean HD is nothing short of jaw dropping.
You weren't kidding. I just installed Ocean HD - gorgeous.

Gwanatu T

You weren't kidding. I just installed Ocean HD - gorgeous.

Check out their other ones if you want. They are expensive for LWPs, usually $1.99, but I'm such a LWP whore that I don't care. They are by far the best on the market, with Kittehface and Maxelus coming in a close second IMO.

besiktas1

I'd like to update on the latest fuckery, spoke with htc they said they'll send me a new sim tray... For £17. I just caved and bought one off eBay for £6. I'm sick of this shit. I don't even know if the phone is fixed. Thinking of getting done with the whole thing. Cutting my losses and selling the damn thing. The straw that broke my camels back... :(

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Why's it ugly? It looks like a regular holo app.

Heh the explanation is you have horrible taste.

It looks like shit. Like it was slapped together in a day. It's the typical Android app. No style, no personality, just function. That's fine for some and I guess that's my answer to why Tasks is popular. Android users still enjoy using shit. They would build a gotdamn turd castle they love playing with shit so much.

Gwanatu T

I'd like to update on the latest fuckery, spoke with htc they said they'll send me a new sim tray... For £17. I just caved and bought one off eBay for £6. I'm sick of this shit. I don't even know if the phone is fixed. Thinking of getting done with the whole thing. Cutting my losses and selling the damn thing. The straw that broke my camels back... :(

Yeah I know how you feel. What would you buy in it's place?

It looks like shit. Like it was slapped together in a day. It's the typical Android app. No style, no personality, just function. That's fine for some and I guess that's my answer to why Tasks is popular. Android users still enjoy using shit. They would build a gotdamn turd castle they love playing with shit so much.

Tell us how you really feel why don't you? It looks like a simple Holo app, which I personally love and clearly plenty of others do too.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Tasks is basically a completely utilitarian Holo themed App. It looks fine.

Remember when every single app that didn't bother with design looked like this?

Fud13.gif

It's an accomplishment that we've mostly moved past that.

tino

Banned

Tell us what you really feel.

MMS works for you? I dont know what magic they did

i don't use Google Voice, one of the main reasons is MMS doesn't work properly. i know it's supposed to kinda sorta work on Sprint, but from what i've heard from others on XDA, it's not ready for primetime. many of the people who tried it switched back.

JordanKZ

Fud13.gif

It's an accomplishment that we've mostly moved past that.

Those were the days!

thinking about getting the note II with this extra upgrade I have...

will it use the same micro sd card slot as the GS3? Cuz i'll want to get a 64GB microsd

I would assume they'll be using the same parts just about.

although if it comes out too late in the year i might as well wait for CES and MWC. Not to mention skipping the carriers and going with one of this fall's Nexii

buhdeh

Huh? i find it way better looking than the gaudy ass notes/reminders app on my iPad. And definitely wayyyyyyyy better than stuff like ES file explorer. I'm not really sure what else you'd want in a tasks app... even any.do is pretty barebones looking.

Bboy AJ

http://i.imgur.com/Fud13.gif[IMG]

It's an accomplishment that we've mostly moved past that.[/QUOTE]
I'm getting Vietnam flashbacks here.

[quote="buhdeh, post: 42576884"]Huh? i find it way better looking than the gaudy ass notes/reminders app on my iPad. And definitely wayyyyyyyy better than stuff like ES file explorer. I'm not really sure what else you'd want in a tasks app... even any.do is pretty barebones looking.[/QUOTE]

Any.do is simple but it looks clean, distinctive, and has its own style. Tasks is completely utilitarian Holo themed. That's okay but like I said, zero personality. It's not as bad as my hyperbole up there. But it's not particularly nice, either.

Full disclosure: I just bought it and will likely use it.

Here's another slither of Nexus news. If you search for Galaxy Nexus on Carphone Warehouse's trade-in website, you'll get results for the original, and a "Galaxy Nexus Plus", or GT-i9260.

carphonewarehouse.com/mobiles/trade-in/order

gcubed

Here's another slither of Nexus news. If you search for Galaxy Nexus on Carphone Warehouse's trade-in website, you'll get results for the original, and a "Galaxy Nexus Plus", or GT-i9260.

carphonewarehouse.com/mobiles/trade-in/order

If they aren't plussing the worst parts of the phone why bother.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
OMG: Google and Asustek Computer rumored to be planning US$99 Nexus 7 for the end of 2012

Google is reportedly making two new versions of the Nexus 7 that are expected to be thinner, and will use TN panels made by Taiwan-based panel maker HannStar Display, according to industry sources.

One of the models will be priced at US$199 while the other will be priced US$99, and both models are expected to hit markets by the end of 2012, added the sources.

The sources speculated that Google is preparing for increased competition from Apple when the reported 7.85-inch iPad is released in the fourth quarter of 2012, and wants its device to maintain growing sales.

Meanwhile, HannStar has also reportedly entered the supply chain for Apple's iPad series but has yet to comment on whether it will be working with Google or Apple.

Asustek has denied the reports.

Do it Google, do it! Bring the price down!

gcubed

TN panels lol. Don't ship junk.

well, if this is true it will actually make me go out and buy one, TN? I don't believe the details in that story. They can do TN on a $99 model, but they $199 would still have the IPS panel.

giga

well, if this is true it will actually make me go out and buy one, TN? I don't believe the details in that story. They can do TN on a $99 model, but they $199 would still have the IPS panel.
I don't follow. I'm saying that the $99 one will be junk if it uses TN. That'd be a Coby 7 and not Nexus 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom