• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxczx

what good music apps are there?
just moved from sense to aosp jellybean on my one x and never bothered with music apps since the sense stock one is amazing. This one feels like im on gingerbread or something.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
what good music apps are there?
just moved from sense to aosp jellybean on my one x and never bothered with music apps since the sense stock one is amazing. This one feels like im on gingerbread or something.

Do you mean apps that play your music or music related apps?

xxczx

Do you mean apps that play your music or music related apps?
play my music, only one I've seen that looks nice is DoubleTwist but I'm not installing stuff on my computer when I've already got it all on my phone for it.

Divvy

play my music, only one I've seen that looks nice is DoubleTwist but I'm not installing stuff on my computer when I've already got it all on my phone for it.

You don't like Play Music?

Well Ubermusic is supposed to be pretty good, and I think it looks pretty great.

xxczx

America only :(
Uber Music is nice (when I used it on my last phone) , but the developer has quit Android hasn't he?

Divvy

America only :(
Uber Music is nice (when I used it on my last phone) , but the developer has quit Android hasn't he?

You can use Play music outside of America. (It only checks your IP when you sign up, which is easy enough to do with hotspot shield)

I know alot of people like PowerAmp, though I think it's a bit ugly.

Wooooooo! The Xperia U, Sola and Go have begun to receive ICS as of today! All of Sony's 2011 and 2012 lineup (except the Play) are now running ICS, they are the only Android OEM that can say it. Onwards to Jelly Bean! I have been informed that the Jelly Bean roll out will be much faster than ICS and that a few devices are already running it flawlessly but Sony have been waiting until they finished the ICS roll out before starting Jelly Bean. They didn't want to push JB out to newer devices while making previous owners wait for ICS being stuck on GB.

All of Sony's 2012 range will be running JB before the end of November and hopefully the whole 2011 range by the end of January. From today, no Sony Mobile device will be released running an older version of Android and the Xperia V should get a day zero update for JB when it releases in November.

Finally, the original Tablet S was updated today, it received the new remote app, the new media apps, guest mode and a bunch of software fixes and optimisations. Jelly Bean is around a month or two away apparently for both the Xperia Tablet S and the vanilla Tablet S so they didn't bother with 4.0.4.

but will they still ship with 2011 hardware?

gcubed

So sony has moved ahead of HTC for software update support right behind Samsung... i'd like to see more phones hit the US now

AndyD

aka andydumi
also, it just feels a lot more relaxing to use one amazon account across multiple devices that have different google accounts.

You can have multiple google accounts on one phone though. So you can let someone use their own account for everything, and also have a secondary account for the play store if you want to have unified purchases across one account. I do it with my wife's phone all the time.

You can have multiple google accounts on one phone though. So you can let someone use their own account for everything, and also have a secondary account for the play store if you want to have unified purchases across one account. I do it with my wife's phone all the time.

i know i can, it just feels more relaxing to share the Amazon account across the devices though.

xxczx

you should be able to at least use the App outside of America

You can use Play music outside of America. (It only checks your IP when you sign up, which is easy enough to do with hotspot shield)

I know alot of people like PowerAmp, though I think it's a bit ugly.
ah didn't know, cbad trying to sign up but I downloaded the apk and it works perfectly. Thanks :)

So the One X+ will have the same battery as the One X. Ehhh.

Also more pics of it:

htconexplus-1-e1348847990592-635x530.jpeg

ep85

The One X+ and the One X^5 are probably not the same, as thought previously. The One X+ is like the Sensation XE and the One X^5 is like the Sensation XL.

Yeah it's the same phone as the One X with more internal storage (32 and 64gb I think , or maybe just 64). It has the tegra 3+ quad core in it which may or may not be more efficient, best hope it is if they're using the same battery. Same RAM, which is unfortunate. And it comes with jelly bean and new sense 4.5 out of the box.

gcubed

I think this phone is the same size as the regular one X.

This isn't the five inch one!

yeah, i think its just more memory and the faster processor. If it was the 5" one it would instantly disqualify it from Nexus status with the god awful capacitive buttons

good news everyone!!!

There was some talk that Texas Instruments would be getting out of the mobile game a few days ago, but a TI rep has clarified the company's position just a bit. Mobile is still in the picture, but they're looking to make their products suitable for automotive, industrial, enterprise communication, vision, and robotics fields as well.

http://www.androidcentral.com/texas-instruments-not-leaving-mobile-after-all

the rumors of their demise were greatly exaggerated.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
It works fine for the Nexus 7 but I got the tablet version anyways. If you still have a ton of credits, I think the tablet version is slightly (VERY slightly) better.

Tablet version's keys are slightly more spaced out in portrait view. Landscape view is primarily where the benefits are though. You get the option to split the keyboard so you can actually type while holding it in landscape view. It also lets you view a part of the content above the text box while you're typing whereas the phone version fills the entire screen top half with the text you're typing only (i.e. so you can't see any part of a conversation in a messaging app).

It's definitely a bit more comfortable but I don't think I'd pay with my own money to have the phone and tablet version. Pretty sure the tablet version has a trial so you can try it out too.

Thanks! I'll give the free tablet version a try.

Cipherr

Yeah it's the same phone as the One X with more internal storage (32 and 64gb I think , or maybe just 64). It has the tegra 3+ quad core in it which may or may not be more efficient, best hope it is if they're using the same battery. Same RAM, which is unfortunate. And it comes with jelly bean and new sense 4.5 out of the box.

Ok well thats different. I took that to mean that HTC was announcing a new Galaxy Note competitor with a big ass screen, higher res and whatnot and using the same mAh battery size as the original One X. Its just absurd enough of an idea to actually be true, so I believed it, heh.

Ok well thats different. I took that to mean that HTC was announcing a new Galaxy Note competitor with a big ass screen, higher res and whatnot and using the same mAh battery size as the original One X. Its just absurd enough of an idea to actually be true, so I believed it, heh.

There are rumors about that 5 inch phone as well but many people are intertwining the two when they are two separate phones.

The 2nd phone is 5 inch 1080p Verizon exclusive and we have heard nothing about any type of pen input I don't think.

And it has an s4 pro with 1.5gb ram.

also rumored that it could be a nexus phone as well.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

thuway

Dear Android Manufacturers,

In the next few months, I would like a phone that has:

1080p
AMOLED
Snapdragon S4 Pro or better
5inches or more

Someone make it happen. You will have my money.

xptoxyz

Droid people, help.

I'm not too informed about phone specs nowadays . I might be getting a low-class phone soon, it will probably end up being either a Xperia "miro" our "U".

So I been trying to look at the specs, miro seems to come with ICS, U has ICS update already I think. U higher clock dual core? Miro single core with lower clock speed. As I said before I'm not too knowledgeable about phone specs nowadays, so if anyone is familiar with the insides of these and can help, much appreciated.

Supposedly white phones get dirty faster. If you can wait a couple months, you can see what nexus(s) are out.
worddd, at this point I say wait for news on Nexus or just wait for one of the Motorola Razr phones which actually look like promising alternatives to nexus devices, not to mention the battery life on them things.

Cudder

I don't even want 1080p. 720 is just fine for a phone, don't think there's a need to go much higher than that. I just want a phone with like a 3000maH battery. Why is it so hard to get a good battery in a cell phone? In this day and age you'd think they'd have this shit down, but noooo. (Razr Maxx excluded)

I don't even want 1080p. 720 is just fine for a phone, don't think there's a need to go much higher than that. I just want a phone with like a 3000maH battery. Why is it so hard to get a good battery in a cell phone? In this day and age you'd think they'd have this shit down, but noooo. (Razr Maxx excluded)
Razr HD is close as well, with 2500. Should offer great battery life. Not on the Maxx level of course, but it also isn't as thick as the maxx, which is pretty impressive. It's actually a smaller phone than the One X and S3, doubly impressive.

tino

Banned

Note 2

tino

Banned
Note 3 is going to be a quad core a15 1080p 3gb ram beast

I actually want intel soc now. I want to virtualize or dualboot W8.

My ideal phone would be a 6" phone with Nokia 808 camera, an Intel soc, a replaceable battery and a Dpad. I also want a companion watch thing.

720p?
AMOLED?
3100mAh battery?

It's Galaxy Note II!

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I actually want intel soc now. I want to virtualize or dualboot W8.

My ideal phone would be a 6" phone with Nokia 808 camera, an Intel soc, a replaceable battery and a Dpad. I also want a companion watch thing.

What would you use the d-pad for?

yogloo

Questions to the android peeps, I am planning to get a 7 inch tablet for the missus. What is the best 7 incher right now and what will be coming on the horizon? She will be needing gps on the go, so nexus 7 is out. No kindle or nook for us too since we are not from the US. What are my choices? Should we wait? It is not an urgent purchase.

Questions to the android peeps, I am planning to get a 7 inch tablet for the missus. What is the best 7 incher right now and what will be coming on the horizon? She will be needing gps on the go, so nexus 7 is out. No kindle or nook for us too since we are not from the US. What are my choices? Should we wait? It is not an urgent purchase.
just wait for the ipad mini, will probably be a conference sometime in october and release before the holidays.

yogloo

We actually would prefer android if possible. Judging by the current ipad, gsm phone calls and messaging will probably not be available on the next ipad. She will be needing that too.

IMO all the 7 inch android tablets other than nexus 7 suck balls. So you're basically gonna have to choose a lesser of evils at this point.

The answer to which I do not know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom