• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.
so after months and months the AT&T One X(L) finally gets S-OFF on the eve of the announcement of the new One lol. I'm sure this happened on purpose.

hell it's not like it matters.

i'm finally S-OFF, hooray. Onto the S4. Good bye HTC

markot

Banned
I loooooooooove the multi tasking on the note 10.1

Samsung is the best android dev imo >. <

Also having installed jellybean on my gs2, it feels like a new phone.

Lucky their own app store and other apps are generally pretty poor or I would be worried they might fork their own android like amazon and what nots.

Does anyone know what keytracer.apk does? Seems to be a system file included with most android phones... Backed it up with titanium backup just in case and then deleted it after being unable to find anything online regarding it (aside from a few people finding it has rather alarming permissions).

Would suggest others check with Titanium Backup to see if they have it too. system (4.0.4) seems to run fine since uninstalling it, but I would back it up just in case.

Just seems odd as hell.

markot

Banned
Does anyone know what keytracer.apk does? Seems to be a system file included with most android phones... Backed it up with titanium backup just in case and then deleted it after being unable to find anything online regarding it (aside from a few people finding it has rather alarming permissions).

Would suggest others check with Titanium Backup to see if they have it too. system (4.0.4) seems to run fine since uninstalling it, but I would back it up just in case.

Just seems odd as hell.

Traces keys for the multi-touch function

markot

Banned
I wish they would add actual phone functionality to that camera >.< I bet it would sell alot!

Just give it a sniffy cover for the lens so it looks less silly when you talk on it.

Kiraly

HTC-ONE-M7-Noir-Blanc.jpg

That black one looks balling

gcubed

Anyone remember how Diane Hackborn and the Co basically threatened CM over using cornestone because of it's non-aosp implementation of multi screen?

Samsung said lulz.

One has a support path for their software. Samsungs first release of it was terrible.

Smaller Tegra 4i quad-core A9 for mid-class smartphones.

Codenamed Grey, the Tegra 4i is designed to run four processing cores at a speed of up to 2.3GHz and is targeting mainstream smartphones, leaving the "superphone" and tablet categories to the Tegra 4. As you'll see from the chart below, the overlaps between Nvidia's two leading SoCs are plentiful, however the big advantage of the ARM A9-based Tegra 4i is in having a much smaller chip size and, by virtue of integrating the modem within it, a smaller power requirement. Nvidia's Computational Photography Architecture has been rechristened to the rather more appealing Chimera and is also present on the new Tegra 4i chip.

tk0au65.jpg

And the dev platform from Nvidia

rafKB35.jpg

Double tapping capacitive buttons. I lol'd. Phones are beautiful but yeah these are a no go. Sense still sucks. So yeah now that HTC is written off for the year officially for me. Bring on March 14th for Samsung. Still far away.

so glad this phone is not impressing me.

thought i was going to get sucked back in.

but hopefully this signals a world where we are done with 16GB as the standard storage amount for superphones (especially ones without microSD slots)

32gb and greater makes the need for microSD less apparent. i say less because more is always better

They deserve props on a seemingly quick launch, beginning of march on all major carriers in Canada. Also the phone itself looks beautiful and made of good quality materials. Also 32gb minimum storage size. That's all funtastic. Samsung (and all) should take note on those fronts. Too bad the software just sucks.

Also they did make their multitasking better than before though still pointlessly different. Also it's hidden behind a double tap of a capacitive button :/

They deserve props on a seemingly quick launch, beginning of march on all major carriers in Canada. Also the phone itself looks beautiful and made of good quality materials. Also 32gb minimum storage size. That's all funtastic. Samsung (and all) should take note on those fronts. Too bad the software just sucks.

Also they did make their multitasking better than before though still pointlessly different. Also it's hidden behind a double tap of a capacitive button :/

hopefully Samsung takes note of the 32GB minimum.

catmincer

So upgraded from my xperia s to a nexus 4. This is a night and day difference. Even the camera is better. I don't think I would even consider a non-stock device again. Also soft keys are really good I always thought they sucked due to using them on tablets only but on a phone they are great.

What's with all these 2300mah batteries. If Motorola managed to fit 2500 in the Razr HD then phones shoud have that minimum, thickness be damned.

At least the Galaxy S4 is said to have a minimum of 2600mah. That's pretty much 60% of the reason I'm considering it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom