• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

kehs

Banned
People like Canonical need to get it through their thick f'ning skulls that building a different OS at this point to invite yet ANOTHER user experience is not what the world needs.

That's crazy talk. Already the Ubuntu touch looks much more natural than JB with their bullshit left/right notification bar and tap and hold to toggle shit.

I've been using those pie controls on my n7 since basically day one, and bringing up apps with that is much better than a home/launcher thing.

Android is getting stale.

Pctx

Banned
That's crazy talk. Already the Ubuntu touch looks much more natural than JB with their bullshit left/right notification bar and tap and hold to toggle shit.

I've been using those pie controls on my n7 since basically day one, and bringing up apps with that is much better than a home/launcher thing.

Then harness it and change it like Amazon and Barnes and Noble did. I really don't get the need for another OS.

gcubed

i think its a the worst phone OS i've seen, but one of the best tablet OS's.

Pctx

Banned
Amazon and BN didn't do anything other than strip it down.

Skin it, strip it, lick and flick it. They did more with Android than anyone else (including Samsung). All I'm saying is the file structure is basically the same between the two of them, why not just have a different vision using the guts that are already there? Who knows though, I'm never going to use one since I have a deep seeded hatred of Canonical now.

tino

Banned
Then harness it and change it like Amazon and Barnes and Noble did. I really don't get the need for another OS.

Don't worry somebody else or Samsung will fork Android and offer an usable tablet multitasking interface if google can get their shit together in 5.0

So boring. Where all da rumours at. I guess there's nothing left but Galaxy S4, Key Lime Pie, and Motorola's next flagship.

As less things there are to look forward to, the amount of rumours are dying down aka the fun is dying down :(

kehs

Banned
Can you run Android app or just linux apps?

As far as I can tell, this is like a stripped version of ubuntu, alot of the "apps" are just prefilled with non-interactive data.

I remembering reading it's just a glorified tech demo. I'll probably look into it a bit more tomorrow. I'm not terribly informed with ubuntu/linux though.

Threi

notag
Holy shit, the latest Chrome beta update made it way faster. It's a Great improvement.
It's still broken on Google though (freezes up when you try to add specific search options on the mobile site)

For example wrench > results

So there's another rumour that the Galaxy S4 will come with a feature called Samsung Orb which samsung is saying will be better than photosphere. Either at launch or a bit afterwards in an update if it's not ready.

3phemeral

I guess I must have missed it reported, but I didn't know that if Google Now's voice search is activated and it detects music, its interface changes without you having to ask it to identify a song:

iH5UESHHUBOrf.JPG

popeutlal

So I have the HTC Thunderbolt with unlimited data, if I upgrade via Verizon I will lose the unlimited data....and unlocked phones are too expensive.

Thunderbolt is a good phone with the extended battery, but it is showing is age, putting ICS makes things laggy.

Wish these phones were cheaper.

So I have the HTC Thunderbolt with unlimited data, if I upgrade via Verizon I will lose the unlimited data....and unlocked phones are too expensive.

Thunderbolt is a good phone with the extended battery, but it is showing is age, putting ICS makes things laggy.

Wish these phones were cheaper.
If you can hold out till June, perhaps the X Phone will be sold via the Play Store for Verizon as well, for $350 or so.

That's what I'm doing to keep my unlimited.

Other than that, you can try Craigslist. I got my sister-in-law a like new S3 for $270.

popeutlal

If you can hold out till June, perhaps the X Phone will be sold via the Play Store for Verizon as well, for $350 or so.

That's what I'm doing to keep my unlimited.

Other than that, you can try Craigslist. I got my sister-in-law a like new S3 for $270.
Google only sells GSM phones, they cannot sell unlocked CDMA phones, so that'll never happen.

Guess I'll keep an eye on Craigslist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom