• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.
7.7mm does not scream big battery at all
well we already know it will be 2600mah minimum which is one of the bigger ones. But question is did it go up from that leak, or stay at 2600. If it stayed the same then it's still pretty damn good but if it went higher, that plus the possibility of an HTC screen makes this hard to not consider.

for new page, galaxy S4 specs:

- 4,99″ Full-HD SoLux Display
- Snapdragon 600 1.9 Ghz
- 2 GB RAM
- 16, 32 or 64 GB
- 13 Megapixel
- 140.1 x 71.8 x 7.7mm
- 138 gram
- Home button with touch buttons
- Plastic back with aluminium sides
- Removable battery
- Black / White
- S2 style design

nV269o5.jpg

got rid of that garbage ass samoled lol, nice.

best thing they could have done for the phone in my opinion.

hope the phone looks nicer than the S2 though, i wasn't really a fan of the design, i mean it wasn't S3 ugly, but it was just plain.

give me just a notch above plain and i'll be happy.

for sure getting galaxied up now.

It's hilarious reading some comments on other sites from some people. People were really attached to amoled when every review or trip to the store will tell you the HTC screens are just the fucking shit. Possibly having that screen on a galaxy device is bonkers.

got rid of that garbage ass samoled lol, nice.

best thing they could have done for the phone in my opinion.

hope the phone looks nicer than the S2 though, i wasn't really a fan of the design, i mean it wasn't S3 ugly, but it was just plain.

give me just a notch above plain and i'll be happy.

for sure getting galaxied up now.
at WORST it will look better than the S3. So it's win/win :p

It will be funny if Samsung is spreading fake rumours but this doesn't seem like stuff you'd put out to mislead since many would consider it better in a lot of respects o_0

Maybe some of it is true, some of it isn't. I can see them using a snapdragon soc since they used one in the US S3.

According to the rumor they're not using samoled anymore. But the 4.99" screen size they showed at CES was samoled.

MiKeD

Banned
good luck with that. the only half decent (spec wise) KB phone released lately is the Motorola Photon Q, and its CDMA. the lack of high end QWERTY sliders is a big part of why i got a Note 2.

Doesn't currently exist other than maybe the Photon Q as mentioned.
At this point you just have to wait and hope that Motorola throws out maybe another hardware keyboard phone successor to the Droid lineup this year.

If it doesn't have to be an Android phone Nokia E7 is an excellent choice but Symbian, Another option is HTC 7 pro but Windows Phone 7.

The best one specs wise is probably Motorola Milestone 3, even then it's not really very high end.

Wow, it's that bad, huh. I guess I'll stick with my X10 for now then. Thanks for the replies.

"SoLux" is probably SAMOLED.
if the leaked pic is real, which remains to be seen, it's not amoled because that looks like LCD. But honestly who knows.

Needs more info. Isn't SoLux a technology no one has used it? I remember reading that HTC was considering it. Not really sure what it's all about. We'll find out soon enough.

tino

Banned
Maybe some of it is true, some of it isn't. I can see them using a snapdragon soc since they used one in the US S3.

According to the rumor they're not using samoled anymore. But the 4.99" screen size they showed at CES was samoled.

I don't see them use the Snapdragon globally either. they can just overclock the current quadcore give it a fancy name and sell in truck loads. Hell nV is doing exactly that. why would they pay Qualcomm?

I don't see them move away from amoled either. The market WANT stupidly over saturated amoled.

Marco1

I am undecided between the N4 and xperia Z.
I know the N4 gets the latest updates but is there a reason why the xperia Z gets the updates later if at all?
Am I missing out on much by not getting the incremental updates between JB and KLP on the xperia Z?
Thanks so much for the help everyone.

I love android but I don't want a 5 inch phone :(
why not? If you're worried about size...look at the xperia ZL maybe, it's 5 inches and smaller in dimensions than just about every android phone these days.

I know the N4 gets the latest updates but is there a reason why the xperia Z gets the updates later if at all?
Am I missing out on much by not getting the incremental updates between JB and KLP on the xperia Z?
xperia Z will likely have great dev support so it's not a bad decision. But also the Nex4 isn't a bad decision. Personally, I'd take the Z. Up to you though.

So many bitches here who actually cling to Lousy Crap Display technology. There are so many bad things about LCDs, it's why everyone has been waiting years for a new TV technology.

So many bitches here who actually cling to Lousy Crap Display technology. There are so many bad things about LCDs, it's why everyone has been waiting years for a new TV technology.
yeah it's just the BITCHESSSS here and not every single review outlet who agree that the LCD on the Droid DNA is the best screen on any smartphone ever.

Face it mang. Slightly better blacks aint enough to beat the awesome everything else. And I like amoled but if I had the choice between the screens, it would be an easy choice for me.

lol was waiting for this from you and faceless

hey now, i was the one who a long time ago was worried on if they could mass produce a 1080p AMOLED that small. i questioned their ability to match the 1080p of other companies.

i chose my upgrade wisely, figuring that 2013 would be a skip year and the true benefits of the die shrink and new socs would be in 2014.

then they showed that panel last month and i was like "wow, they're really doing it?" but now... REDEEMED!

Galaxy Note 4, i'll see you Autumn '14.

Wow, it's that bad, huh. I guess I'll stick with my X10 for now then. Thanks for the replies.

you don't get it. they're not coming back. high end QWERTY is OVER. even the Droid 4 was forced to lean back.

OLED works with TVs because larger displays more frequently have problems with shit like clouding, input lag (they're TVs), backlight bleeding, TFT glowing (like IPS glow), and so forth. Plasma TVs will give people the shakes with its reputation for burn in so that's a no go for a lot of people. Full array TVs have good black depth but have problems with haloing and input lag so that's a pretty bad solution for a lot of people. OLED circumvents most of these problems: there shouldn't be clouding, there shouldn't be any distracting off-angle glowing, input lag could potentially be lower (though doubt it if its scaling), backlight bleed is a thing of the past, etc etc. It will still have burn in problems but for a lot of people that's not a problem. Things like oversaturation and bad default calibration aren't too much of a problem because with a high end display, you're going to calibrate it anyway.

Now do those things really apply for small scale displays on mobile devices? No, not really. Backlight bleeding is a problem but most of the examples you see (like the S4 example above) is a result of camera overexposure to help show the problem areas. All of the other stuff is basically a side effect of having larger panels, colmplex electronics, or some crazy backlight array.

Really, the only areas that OLED wins is in black depth (which is obviously important for TVs) and theoretically motion performance if that really concerns you. To be honest, this is a phone and I'll currently take a little bit worse black depth for some half decent colour accuracy, greyscale performance, and less chance of burn in.

EITHER WAY THOUGH. Lets wait for more info before we start screen wars lol. If it is indeed this SoLux technology, does anyone even know what that is? The only thing I remember is reading somewhere that HTC was once considering it. Are they using it for the HTC One? Or is it not ready yet? I tried finding info but I couldn't find much useful.

do you want to pay double the price for a better camera?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom