• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.
Samsung gonna samsung.

FQf7+

lol at that keyboard.

kehs

Banned
that thing is not a phone right ?

Not for the US market, probably.

I never got the apprehension about having a tablet with phone capabilities. That's why Motorola invented Bluetooth headsets.

Oh and super hexagon isn't shitty anymore on the n7.

Cipherr

So many bitches here who actually cling to Lousy Crap Display technology. There are so many bad things about LCDs, it's why everyone has been waiting years for a new TV technology.

I'm all for OLED, so long as its better than the LCD counterparts.

I mean, have you put an S3 or a note beside a One X or a HTC DNA? Those LCD screens are just better on the whole. They don't get the blacks, but they are better in every other aspect, but a pretty wide margin man.

I like OLED, but it needs time to get its shit together, these HTC LCD screens are kicking the shit out of them.

VanWinkle

I want the HTC One. I think it looks awesome, and HTC seems like one of the only Android manufacturers that care about good built materials and craftsmanship.

I want the HTC One. I think it looks awesome, and HTC seems like one of the only Android manufacturers that care about good built materials and craftsmanship.
THEN WHY DON'T YOU JUST GET IT HUH? Seriously though, it's probably a really good phone outside of that Sense and weird button thing, but it's definitely improved from before.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
You guys are being unreasonable. How do you expect people to know they're using a Samsung device if it doesn't look like a Chinese Apple knockoff?

markot

Banned
I don't get why the stock android browser is so much better then chrome....

Also Firefox is still kinda bleh on android.

I hope manufacturers keep stock android in and don't Sony it up with chrome only crap.

I'm going root my nexus 7 just for stock browser!

*shrug*

I just use Dolphin and am perfectly happy :)

Yup, Sunspider 0.9.1 on my Sensation clocked to 1.5GHz with CM10:

Chrome - 2832ms
Dolphin HD beta - 1521ms
Stock browser - 1675ms

Dolphin is easily the best browser on Android, I hope Sony, Samsung or HTC pay them and include Dolphin on all of their phones this year.

Behold, why the Xperia ZL is so awesome:

uGfLXzn.jpg

It's easy to have more screen-to-body ratio when your device has no hardware buttons in front. Maybe you should also measure the amount of actual usable screen space to body, where the screen space wasted by the on-screen buttons is deducted appropriately.

Kiraly

Well that's because you left out Lenovo K900. It's screen= (Xperia screen area * 1.1) / (142mm*69mm) = 77% hahaha.

The K900 is nowhere near that small, those dimensions are total bullshit. There was a pic at CES comparing it with a Galaxy Note II and the K900 was noticeably bigger.

tino

Banned
The K900 is nowhere near that small, those dimensions are total bullshit. There was a pic at CES comparing it with a Galaxy Note II and the K900 was noticeably bigger.

Thats the only dimension I can find. Lets wait for official stat.

I wish the Note 8 wasn't so ugly and had a higher resolution screen. And it's probably going to be more expensive than the iPad mini. What a waste of everyone's time.

Cipherr

I just cannot believe they put hardware keys on an 8" Android tablet.

Pure stupidville. These fucking hardware buttons need to die on Android man. Shits getting out of hand. Stop clinging to the past.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Tegra4, nVidia is cheap.

They also are slow. If it's a Tegra 4 we can't except a Nexus 7 refresh till late June probably at the earliest. I just don't get the feeling that Google will wait that long especially with Google I/O being in mid May.

Cheebo

Banned
I wish the Note 8 wasn't so ugly and had a higher resolution screen. And it's probably going to be more expensive than the iPad mini. What a waste of everyone's time.
It's pretty crazy how Samsung has yet to figure out how to crack the tablet market like they did with smartphones. Nexus devices so far only appeal to a niche market, the mainstream android tablet landscape is really just amazon still at this point.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
It's pretty crazy how Samsung has yet to figure out how to crack the tablet market like they did with smartphones. Nexus devices so far only appeal to a niche market, the mainstream android tablet landscape is really just amazon still at this point.

To be fair it's hard to tell what the Nexus 10 appeal is since they can't seem to manufacture more than like 10 at a time.

It's easy to have more screen-to-body ratio when your device has no hardware buttons in front. Maybe you should also measure the amount of actual usable screen space to body, where the screen space wasted by the on-screen buttons is deducted appropriately.
these hardware buttons are ruining phone sizes! Wasted space shmasted space.

kehs

Banned

Pure stupidville. These fucking hardware buttons need to die on Android man. Shits getting out of hand. Stop clinging to the past.

In just realized this. Holy shit.

giga

http://www.theverge.com/2013/2/24/4023106/hp-slate-7-android-tablet-ships-april

Under the soft-touch rubber exterior, you'll find a dual-core 1.6GHz ARM Cortex-A9 chip of an undisclosed variety powering a 1024 x 600 resolution FFS+ LCD touchscreen display, which HP says will boast wide viewing angles and perform well in low light. There's 1GB of RAM, 8GB of solid state storage (expandable via microSD), 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 2.1, and a pair of cameras, with one front-facing VGA webcam and a 3-megapixel rear imager.

lol

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead

Seriously. OK, I get the reasoning, no matter how dumb, why people want hardware buttons on phones. Fine. But on a 8" tablet? Makes no sense.

To be fair it's hard to tell what the Nexus 10 appeal is since they can't seem to manufacture more than like 10 at a time.

I had zero problem just buying mine on walmart.com. It wasn't even a thing. I just bought it like I would a pack of gum.

…how does that happen when it's thicker than most tablets (10.7mm) and has a far lower spec'd processor.

They wanted to get into the Android game and Compal had some shitty Android tablets no one else wanted. Now they're selling them overpriced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom