• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
gsmarena_008.jpg

For when you need to make a phone call while drilling for iron ore

http://blog.gsmarena.com/caterpilla...-another-dust-and-water-resistant-smartphone/

Cipherr

LG on the path to #winning

yLP1q2k.png

LED around the home button? Flip cover turns phone on/off? cutout in flip cover so you can see the notification LED around the home button? yep.

yea yea, and wireless charging for those who like that kinda thing...

RNtL7ZY.jpg

that 2nd row of stuff in the notification pulldown isn't normal shortcuts or quick settings, it's for apps that support QSlide, LG's answer to Samsung's multi-window feature.

2NDDkHO.jpg

http://www.androidcentral.com/hands-lg-optimus-pro-flip-cover-and-wireless-charging-puck

http://phandroid.com/2013/02/25/lg-optimus-g-pro-hands-on-video/

Man... those are some good looks right there. I cant lie... I especially like the hover window addon software. LG seems to be trying to pull it together. But they still need a Wacom stylus and a software suite for those big ass phablets they have. A phone larger than 5" needs extras to be worth it IMO.

Doopliss

I hope Google kills hardware menu buttons in KLP. They should re-purpose them so they perform a data wipe and install Gingerbread when pressed.

Yup, Sunspider 0.9.1 on my Sensation clocked to 1.5GHz with CM10:

Chrome - 2832ms
Dolphin HD beta - 1521ms
Stock browser - 1675ms

Dolphin is easily the best browser on Android, I hope Sony, Samsung or HTC pay them and include Dolphin on all of their phones this year.

I heard Sony was rumored to be in talks to buy Dolphin to develop a browser for their PS OS, not sure how true that was.

malyce

Man... those are some good looks right there. I cant lie... I especially like the hover window addon software. LG seems to be trying to pull it together. But they still need a Wacom stylus and a software suite for those big ass phablets they have. A phone larger than 5" needs extras to be worth it IMO.

4 Phones in 10 years? I can divide
That's one every let's say two, not even the G2
Optimus G was... NAHHH, the other was a Nexus
That's a one hot phone every ten year average

LG has definitely been stepping it up lately. They improved their skin which looks pretty professional as opposed to touchwiz for instance looking like it's for children in some places. Their hardware has gotten better too. I still wouldn't buy one of their devices for update reasons, but improved nonetheless.

catmincer

LG has definitely been stepping it up lately. They improved their skin which looks pretty professional as opposed to touchwiz for instance looking like it's for children in some places. Their hardware has gotten better too. I still wouldn't buy one of their devices for update reasons, but improved nonetheless.

The last part so much. I like their devices looks wise and the hardware and price ratio is generally good but when you don't know if you'll get even a small upgrade on a high end phone something is wrong.

diaspora

1. install Android SDK
2. install HTC drivers
3. restart computer
4. restart phone
5. enter HBOOT
6. enter "FASTBOOT"
7. connect to PC via USB
8. device not recognized

wCn30N5.jpg

panda21

where is the new opera browser we were promised at MWC???? opera me already!

1. install Android SDK
2. install HTC drivers
3. restart computer
4. restart phone
5. enter HBOOT
6. enter "FASTBOOT"
7. connect to PC via USB
8. device not recognized

what are you trying to do?

kehs

Banned
Samsung increased its lead in Android-based smartphones, claiming 40.2% of the market in the fourth quarter, up from 38.7% a year earlier, according to IDC. Huawei Technologies Co. was in second place, with 6.6%, the same share as a year earlier.

Wow.

It's always amusing when people are denial of why Samsung's dominance would worry google. Nice to see more evidence that google is worried about it, even though we already knew that.

Also the X phone is naturally fucking itself by releasing in the summer, way after the S4 comes out and people have already upgraded to it or signed new contracts for it. It's really typical google where they act like they feel a certain way, but then don't do anything smart about it. And this is all under the assumption that the phone lives up to the hype, which it likely will not based on history.

Pctx

Banned
It's always amusing when people are denial of why Samsung's dominance would worry google. Nice to see more evidence that google is worried about it, even though we already knew that.

Also the X phone is naturally fucking itself by releasing in the summer, way after the S4 comes out and people have already upgraded to it or signed new contracts for it. It's really typical google where they act like they feel a certain way, but then don't do anything smart about it. And this is all under the assumption that the phone lives up to the hype, which it likely will not based on history.
You want KLP then you wait for the feature phone that will have it. The S4 will probably have 4.2.1 but I doubt they push the 4.2.2 delta since to Samsung, whats the point.

You want KLP then you wait for the feature phone that will have it. The S4 will probably have 4.2.1 but I doubt they push the 4.2.2 delta since to Samsung, whats the point.
but if the phone is nothing special I'd rather just wait. And if motorola is any indicator then it looks like that's where we are headed. And if I eat crow I will be happy to.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Looks good, but that is all.

Nexus 10 is cheaper with the same or better specs. At least the Note 10.1 has S-Pen. The Sony tablet has no extra redeeming features. Hard sell at $500.

gcubed

but if the phone is nothing special I'd rather just wait. And if motorola is any indicator then it looks like that's where we are headed. And if I eat crow I will be happy to.

you're trying a bit too hard to be a downer on the phone.

you're obsession puts my Sense obsession last year to shame

you're trying a bit too hard to be a downer on the phone.

you're obsession puts my Sense obsession last year to shame
I'm the counter weight to the ridiculous overhype the media is placing on the phone. You guys should thank me. Every article about the X phone makes it seem like the almighty phone, the saviour from the skies.

Alls I'm saying is it's motorola's next flagship. That's it. Lets all relax. I do hope it's great though. I really do. Wish we had more reasons to believe so.

gcubed

I'm the counter weight to the ridiculous overhype the media is placing on the phone. You guys should thank me. Every article about the X phone makes it seem like the almighty phone, the saviour from the skies.

Alls I'm saying is it's motorola's next flagship. That's it. Lets all relax. I do hope it's great though. I really do. Wish we had more reasons to believe so.

its a phone launching a new OS, with updates from google sold off contract for a low price. It has way more reasons going for it then the galaxy

its a phone launching a new OS, with updates from google sold off contract for a low price. It has way more reasons going for it then the galaxy
it might launch with a new OS, which is great, but if the hardware is mediocre then that dampers it, as well, we have no idea how google is going to release updates for it after launch, or at what rate. I truly hope it is the total package, killer hardware, killer price, and killer support. I told you guys, I'm pledging that if it is a great all-round phone I promise I will sell whatever phone I end up getting in the next month or 2, and buy the X phone.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

Do we know this is the case though? I mean we've heard Google plans to sell it directly from the play store, but I've yet to hear it's going to be sold at such a low price.

If it is at a low price I wonder what that does to the current Nexus 4.

gcubed

Do we know this is the case though? I mean we've heard Google plans to sell it directly from the play store, but I've yet to hear it's going to be sold at such a low price.

If it is at a low price I wonder what that does to the current Nexus 4.

thats an assumption from the rumors. I would expect either a N4 price drop or a small premium over the N4 for the battery and screen. This is all speculation though... Nexus devices are only "relevant" until the next major OS release. Although i expect similar specs with a nicer screen and larger battery... not a generational leap. Maybe an updated version of the chip

Motorola just needs a much better screen, better camera, better looking hardware design in general, and they'd be dropping killer shit. Their software is good enough since it's light, and their batteries are awesome.

Meanwhile everyone else (samsung, htc) are dropping killer hardware and just need better software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom