• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcubed

How far have you gotten? I've only made it to 1-9 one time. Every other time I die at 1-8.

I definitely majorly suck at this one. :/

Better than me. Got to 1-7. The rotation around the axis (faster closer / slower further) is what kills me, I need to get the feel for it down.

Beyond the difficulty, its a great game

kehs

Banned
Samsung gonna Samsung, part 2.

Their new wallet app.

F7OjvY0.png

http://www.theverge.com/2013/2/27/4035064/samsung-wallet-app-apple-passbook-features

looks totally different than passbook, wtf?

kehs

Banned
Explain to me the purpose of your last thread. Were you trying to pursuade people from using Samsung phone? If not, what was your point?

What? I don't think that why faceless put up the thread.

It was just a mocking thread of samsung being samsung.

This Samsung wallet shit pisses me off. Google is so lazy and apathetic about this crap. I'm a Google fanboy; they have many loyal users like me. I want to trust Google with my sensitive payment information. I'm volunteering it! And they don't take advantage of this user base.

But as usual, they introduce a feature and let Apple and Samsung market it away from them. Apple has already worked with airports and ballparks to use Passbook for ticketing. They're going to combine it with NFC payments, probably, with the iPhone 6. Samsung is going to do the same, and probably make a bigger push to work with retailers and other companies. And Wallet is going to remain a nearly-useless product. Google, you have to put up a bigger fight on this stuff.

Zeppu

Samsung n. - South Korean company
eg. I bought a new Samsung phone.

Samsung v. - The act of copying Apple.
eg. Apfelkind totally Samsunged their logo.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
This Samsung wallet shit pisses me off. Google is so lazy and apathetic about this crap. I'm a Google fanboy; they have many loyal users like me. I want to trust Google with my sensitive payment information. I'm volunteering it! And they don't take advantage of this user base.

But as usual, they introduce a feature and let Apple and Samsung market it away from them. Apple has already worked with airports and ballparks to use Passbook for ticketing. They're going to combine it with NFC payments, probably, with the iPhone 6. Samsung is going to do the same, and probably make a bigger push to work with retailers and other companies. And Wallet is going to remain a nearly-useless product. Google, you have to put up a bigger fight on this stuff.

Meh, as long as the infrastructure support gets put in place it should all work the same. Why does it matter who is pushing it?

snacknuts

we all knew her
Meh, as long as the infrastructure support gets put in place it should all work the same. Why does it matter who is pushing it?

Because I want to have access to the functionality on any Android device I own. I don't want to be "stuck" with Samsung in the future to maintain it if I decide to get a future Nexus or something.

tino

Banned
why not?

samsung being samsung

You can't mock them if the "Samsung way" is working. Its obviously working better than the HTC way of dealing with Apple.

edit: it would be a mocking if you also post reference of Samsung officials stating they are not copying Apple. But Samsung doesn't deny that. So there is no mocking. Samsung is not being hypocritical here.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Because I want to have access to the functionality on any Android device I own. I don't want to be "stuck" with Samsung in the future to maintain it if I decide to get a future Nexus or something.

I mean, once the NFC infrastructure is there and retailers are on board, why couldn't any NFC phone service use it? I'm sure there will be good 3rd party Android apps that take advantage of it for instance.

I mean, once the NFC infrastructure is there and retailers are on board, why couldn't any NFC phone service use it? I'm sure there will be good 3rd party Android apps that take advantage of it for instance.
But Passbook functionality isn't about NFC. It's about third-party support from vendors... something that Google sucks at getting.

zedge

Haha the wallet thing is awesome. Its different enough that apple can't do squat but enough to make the apple herds skin crawl. Wonderful.

kehs

Banned
I own both versions of sketchbook, and to be honest I think they should be different, or at least function differently based on the screen size...

Like faceless mentioned, you can do that with a single app.

Funny part is it seems Touch has all the functionality for both versions, just one cheaper. -_-

Tweetbot is generally considered the best third-party Twitter client for iOS users, though its $2.99 price point is a bit more expensive than the free official Twitter client. Lots of users find that to be a fair price, but that hasn't stopped jailbroken iPhone users from pirating the app — so developer Tapbots has decided to bite back. According to Gizmodo UK, pirated copies of Tweetbot automatically insert an embarrassing admission into the app's tweet compose field, which you can see below.

1Rj9H12.jpg
http://www.theverge.com/2013/2/27/4...-are-naming-and-shaming-themselves-on-twitter

:lol

gcubed

non-beta Chrome FINALLY updated.

Updates in this version of Chrome for Android include:
1. Improved scrolling performance
2. Increased responsiveness to pinch-zooming on pages
3. Faster interactive pages thanks to the latest version of the V8 javascript engine
4. Audio now continues to play while Chrome is in the background
5. Expanded support for HTML5 features
* Audio playing in Chrome will now pause when the phone is in use. This requires an additional permission.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
still hoping they're planning to roll out a big update with ley lime pie or something. No reason for it to not be as responsive and smooth at this point.

I think it's still buggy. If you read through the reviews on the playstore post update some people have been having random performance problems and quite a few people have complained of some kind of blurry text rendering bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom