• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

tfur

Apple vs Samsung update:

Apple Award Cut With New Trial for Some Samsung Products

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-03-01/apple-patent-judge-orders-new-trial-on-some-samsung-products.html

Apple Inc. (AAPL)’s $1.05 billion victory against Samsung Electronics (005930) Co. in a patent infringement case was cut almost in half by a judge who ordered a new trial for some Samsung products.

U.S. District Judge Lucy Koh in San Jose, California, today reduced the jury’s damages award by $450.5 million and said Samsung deserves a new trial on infringement claims over its Galaxy Prevail and other smartphones. Koh rejected Apple’s request to enhance the jury’s award, saying the amount Samsung owed was heavily disputed and the jury wasn’t bound to accept either side’s damages estimate.

still a long way till resolution, but...

slavishly cut...

kinggroin

Banned
Why does android redraw my widgets (I only have two - calendar and reader) after using Google Music for a while, even though there is 280+ MB of RAM available?

Pctx

Banned
N4 will get KLP. So, yeah...

Also, this is blasphemous. The N1 was amazing at the time. Now, the Nexus S on the other hand...

My N1 wasn't. I won't even get into how much I want to kick HTC in the balls and then punch them in the face and piss on their dead burning charred corpse because of that POS phone I got.

kehs

Banned
My N1 wasn't. I won't even get into how much I want to kick HTC in the balls and then punch them in the face and piss on their dead burning charred corpse because of that POS phone I got.

My 94% functioning N1 disagrees.

kehs

Banned
734.gif

Does BetterBatteryStats actually do anything to conserve battery life, or does it simply cull all the data into one place? After I installed the app, I noticed that my weather app wasn't updating like normal, nor was I getting notifications from messages received Google Chat.

It might be a coincidence, but I just wanted to make sure.

Threi

notag
The latter. It just gives you detailed data on what is actually draining the battery so that you can fix it yourself.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
So outside of attaching a voice recorder message through the messaging app there is no dedicated sound recorder app in 4.2.2 (stock)?

Fucking Android makes me laugh sometimes.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So outside of attaching a voice recorder message through the messaging app there is no dedicated sound recorder app in 4.2.2 (stock)?

Just another reason why Cyanogen Mod is best since it has one preinstalled! :D

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead

There shouldn't be a need to download a third party app though.
I don't want a voice recorder app on my phone. I'm glad it's not on Stock because I'm not in college and would have no use for it. Outside of apps like Gallery, Messaging, Email, Calendar, there's no need to include apps you can get elsewhere.

I'm sure you're happy Verizon included their app on the Galaxy Nexus, too.

I'm sitting on a few juicey ones but I ain't spillin just to make you people go mad..... MADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No one here cares about the X Phone anymore until we get something concrete. You're as delusional as Motorola.

Blackhead

Redarse
There's something wrong with the stock 'AOSP' browser. I'm seeing weird glitches with the address bar when loading a webpage. The progress bar appears as a ragged blue line and then the top of the page blanks out to a black strip or superimposed with random parts of the page. I've experience this glitch on a Galaxy Nexus (4.2.2. rooted) and a Nexus 10 (4.1.2 rooted, browser sideloaded).

WTF Google? :/

Nicktendo86

There's something wrong with the stock 'AOSP' browser. I'm seeing weird glitches with the address bar when loading a webpage. The progress bar appears as a ragged blue line and then the top of the page blanks out to a black strip or superimposed with random parts of the page. I've experience this glitch on a Galaxy Nexus (4.2.2. rooted) and a Nexus 10 (4.1.2 rooted, browser sideloaded).

Yeah that has been a problem since 4.2 I think, why I stopped using it.

kehs

Banned

All part of their plan to move you to chrome.

Chrome for Android to Add Web Accelerator via Google+

I've always wondered when the Google Web Accelerator project will be resurrected. Now that Google has both a mobile operating system and a browser, it makes sense to find better ways to speed up browsing. A fast browser is not very useful if you have a slow Internet connection or you're limited to a few hundred megabytes a month. That's why browsers like Opera Mini and Opera Mobile are popular. Amazon Silk for Kindle Fire even uses Google's SPDY to make browsing faster.

Chrome for Android will add an experimental feature that uses Google's servers to compress pages. The purpose is to "reduce data consumption by loading optimized web pages via Google proxy servers." For the moment, it's just another option added to the chrome://flags page. You'll probably find it in the next releases of Chrome Beta for Android.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom