• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.
For new page:

EV leaks just dropped the bomb:

S6NZ8CG.jpg

Uw5rwyL.jpg

and yeah these are just renders, significance is what they show. No home button would be big for samsung.

All you physical button nerds, post if u r ok!!!

edit: samsung did say that the focus for the S4 is software so I wouldn't be surprised if they've made some notable changes to touchwiz.

tino

Banned
that image could have easily been faked. Like...super easily. This one is from a source that has literally been leaking phones left and right lately lol. And always been right.

I am talking about the bottom portion of bezel. I think the real one will have much thicker bottom bezel.

And if this source know its shit, it would have given out CPU info.

It doesn't say anything useful, everything its in the Captain Obvious city. how can you tell its reliable?
umm it shows no home button, that's huge.

and it's from evleaks. I don't know where you've been but they've been leaking just about EVERYTHING lately including all those LG phones and including the HTC One and including many other things all the time. And they've been 100% right.

Honestly the only way these are fake are if Samsung is purposely leaking fakes. But it lines up with several leaks besides the missing home button. Guess we'll see soon.

JCizzle

How much is the processor efficiency gain offset by switching to 1080? If this thing could rival Note 2 battery life I'd be very intrigued.

I doubt it will rival note 2 but if the rumours of bigger battery around 2600 or higher are true it should still be a notable improvement over S3.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Hey, the Storage part of the picture doesn't talk about SD cards. That would be awesome. No SD cards and on screen keys? Finally they wised up. Then again, camera section doesn't mention both cameras. We will see.

Also, I bet the Galaxy 5 will launch its own forked version of Android.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Also, flashing ROMs is OK. It's only a pain on non Nexus devices. That's a major reason I left my Note. ROMs are just too buggy. Otherwise, CM on a Nexus is great. It's no less buggy than stock.

buhdeh

Yeah evleaks has had a good track record. Though sometimes their leaks are only approximations like the HTC One. It was still really close though.

are some of you going to pretend they haven't leaked like every phone the past year, lol.

Like I said I wouldn't put intentional fakes past samsung, but so far, this is as reliable as it gets.

Samsung had multiple different fake appearances for the GS3 and it was only hand-delivered when being sampled. So yeah, I'm not going to believe it until I see it.

Samsung had multiple different fake appearances for the GS3 and it was only hand-delivered when being sampled. So yeah, I'm not going to believe it until I see it.
me neither, like I said, samsung isn't new to fakes, but so far, this is a reliable rumour. But we will see. 10 days. I'm sure evleaks will have more if it is real.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So not only did we get M2 yesterday for CM 10.1 we also got a new GApps package that hit the web as well! Not sure what the difference between the Dec and the new March package is, but I installed anyways.

Now running the CM 10.1 M2 + new GApps!

gcubed

Finally running stock 4.2.2 on LTE Nexus. Feels good. Stupid work security locked out lock screen widgets. Bullshit

Vanillalite

challenger-approaching.jpg

A totally redesigned Opera from the ground up has been pushed to Beta. It's now based on the WebKit engine verses Opera's own. Plus they totally redesigned the UI. Gone are separate bars for address and search and going to a single bar. Basically it looks very much like Chrome with some Opera twists.

Oh yeah BTW this is preliminary, but I'm posting from the new browser. So far the performance is FULL OF WIN! This shits all over the latest Chrome stable in terms of performance, responsiveness, and scrolling.

Opera Beta Play Store

kinggroin

Banned

A totally redesigned Opera from the ground up has been pushed to Beta. It's now based on the WebKit engine verses Opera's own. Plus they totally redesigned the UI. Gone are separate bars for address and search and going to a single bar. Basically it looks very much like Chrome with some Opera twists.

Oh yeah BTW this is preliminary, but I'm posting from the new browser. So far the performance is FULL OF WIN! This shits all over the latest Chrome stable in terms of performance, responsiveness, and scrolling.

Opera Beta Play Store

Saw this on my feed, I'll give it a shot

reKon

Banned

Opera Beta Play Store

used it for 10 mins on the train. Already faster than chrome for me, but I'll need to use it more to see if it will replace the stock browser

tino

Banned

Opera Beta Play Store

I gave it a try. Its rather smooth but the tabs/bookmarks management are from 10 years ago. I can't use it.

This browser situation is depressing. I think I am going to skip 4.1 and flash MIUI instead.

Vanillalite

I gave it a try. Its rather smooth but the tabs/bookmarks management are from 10 years ago. I can't use it.

This browser situation is depressing. I think I am going to skip 4.1 and flash MIUI instead.

Your anal about your bookmarks for some reason so I doubt anything would ever satisfy you. :p

kehs

Banned
Opera on my Android?

How are the gestures? I'm still missing gestures on my desktop, I hope their touch gestures are inventive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom