• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanWinkle

you can download music from google play music store in mp3 format. It has no DRM and can be played anywhere. The songs that are stored on your phone if you pin them/etc are set up to only run on Google Music

Man, I am ... underwhelmed... by the Tegra4. I have yet to see a good Tegra product.

Can you go into the play store from the phone and download in mp3 music you've already bought? If so, how?

Nicktendo86

One of the reasons I love nexus devices is the lack of manufacture branding on the front, like the iPhone I love the minimalist look. If that x phone render is right and it has a bug Motorola logo on the front in would be really put off.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
you can download music from google play music store in mp3 format. It has no DRM and can be played anywhere. The songs that are stored on your phone if you pin them/etc are set up to only run on Google Music

Man, I am ... underwhelmed... by the Tegra4. I have yet to see a good Tegra product.

This allows you to stream songs too from other players.

BTW I hate on Nvidia a lot as well, but let's not go to crazy. Granted this was all from the Nvidia hype machine, but the theoretical performance, camera software, and software modem are all rather nice.

Plus I doubt the S600 is as fast as the Tegra 4. So that leaves only Samsung to try and out do it.

HTC One review: http://www.theverge.com/2013/3/11/4086390/htc-one-review

spoiler: ultrapixels aren't ultra

Very happy with that review. Battery life doesn't bother me as I'm sure there's ways to improve it, and I doubt it's as bad as the S3, camera I can deal with too. Hopefully a possible software update will come out to improve it, if possible.

My biggest problem is switching from ios to android. Gonna take some learnin'.

kehs

Banned

There's always hope for Shield!

Tegra is disappointing for the X Phone. And 16 megapixels? I wonder what sensor is being used. The dimensions are very appealing. Once again, I hope it's good. But there's some red flags here.

tino

Banned
One of the reasons I love nexus devices is the lack of manufacture branding on the front, like the iPhone I love the minimalist look. If that x phone render is right and it has a bug Motorola logo on the front in would be really put off.

Just put a black tape on it. Thats what I do. People keep asking what my Samsung phone is.

gcubed

Can you go into the play store from the phone and download in mp3 music you've already bought? If so, how?

i'm unaware on how to do it from your phone. Only thing from the phone is pinning it

There's always hope for Shield!

there is no hope for the shield. The only hope is that each iteration has gotten better, total shit, to mediocre shit, maybe it will be creamy smooth shit with the T4i

tino

Banned
This allows you to stream songs too from other players.

BTW I hate on Nvidia a lot as well, but let's not go to crazy. Granted this was all from the Nvidia hype machine, but the theoretical performance, camera software, and software modem are all rather nice.

Plus I doubt the S600 is as fast as the Tegra 4. So that leaves only Samsung to try and out do it.

Tegra 3 and 2 were both meh chips, but they came out early. Not so for the T4i (overclocked T3).

So far out of all announced phones the LG Opt G Pro has the nicest hardware. If I see a good deal I will go for it. I don't think I can wait another half year for the Note 3.

gcubed

Tegra 3 and 2 were both meh chips, but they came out early. Not so for the T4i (overclocked T3).

So far out of all announced phones the LG Opt G Pro has the nicest hardware. If I see a good deal I will go for it. I don't think I can wait another half year for the Note 3.

The T4i is more then an overclocked T3, its not a T4 though

Tegra is disappointing for the X Phone. And 16 megapixels? I wonder what sensor is being used. The dimensions are very appealing. Once again, I hope it's good. But there's some red flags here.

Sony have a 16MP module in development, but it won't be ready for use in devices so soon. I don't know of any other phone camera modules with such high pixel density, Toshiba could have one though, they have been increasingly aggressive having seen Sony's overwhelming success in the sector.

kehs

Banned
navbar%20shortcuts.jpg

From CM, but google, seriously get on this shit.

https://jira.cyanogenmod.org/browse/CYAN-55

anything that can disparage verizon, droid life is against
I don't visit them much but that's weird lol. Why do they care about Verizon so much. Verizon seems like garbage.

Sony have a 16MP module in development, but it won't be ready for use in devices so soon. I don't know of any other phone camera modules with such high pixel density, Toshiba could have one though, they have been increasingly aggressive having seen Sony's overwhelming success in the sector.
ah, so that's a possibility.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
I don't visit them much but that's weird lol. Why do they care about Verizon so much. Verizon seems like garbage.

They initially covered Verizon and Verizon only. Eventually, they expanded to all things Android, but still hold a candle for anything DROID

Verizon

So tempting. But with regards to battery life, one full day is the minimum, and I'm not sure this will last through a day.

I had a quick look in /r/android on Reddit and someone posted a couple of links to other reviews that had a more in depth look at the battery on the One and said it was excellent. So who knows.

To this date, I would've agreed with you, however the tides have changed.

No they haven't. Tegra is still garbage. They haven't even got unified fully programmable shaders yet, seriously it's still DX9.0c equivalent. T4i is garbage, quad A9 and a shitty GPU.

Talon

The megapixel war died on cameras, let's hope it dies on smartphones soon enough.

That One looks sexier in motion than in stills.

gcubed

The megapixel war died on cameras, let's hope it dies on smartphones soon enough.

That One looks sexier in motion than in stills.

what?! i love having large shitty pictures!

What I don't get is WHY google would use a 4i in their phone. Why not just use an s600 or s800? What's the rationale.

Qualcomm is not open. Qualcomm in a nexus died with the N1

edit... to be reborn with the N4

gcubed

It isn't though. At least not this one. It come preconfigured for GSM only. Maybe future Icera modems will be properly programmable by the vendor, but T4i isn't. It is literally a piece of crap.

Its GSM and LTE only, not CDMA. Which is fine for what google sells on the play store

edit... also the N4 uses Qualcomm... so yeah, that rule went away i guess. Poor Nexus 4, no one even remembers it exists.

Nicktendo86

Like I've maintained, VZ won't get a taste until July at the earliest. Google really doesn't give a shit about their network (from the global perspective) hence why the delay for their carrier.
What about the part droid life mention about the slide being bs? Its not that I don't believe you pctx but... I can't think of a way to finish that sentence.

Its GSM and LTE only, not CDMA. Which is fine for what google sells on the play store

edit... also the N4 uses Qualcomm... so yeah, that rule went away i guess. Poor Nexus 4, no one even remembers it exists.

What I was saying is that the T4i modem is not programmable by the OEM and come pre-configured for GSM based bands only so it wouldn't be a huge selling point.

Yeah, because Qualcomm saw they were losing business with their BS so they opened up a bit.

So, anyone seen the new Galaxy S4 posted today? Looks fake to me, looks exactly like the S3 with some funky design on the front. The rumours keep jumping between LCD and Amoled though, I really have no idea what the S4 is going to use.

that one i gotta say is the least fake looking so far... the pattern on the front even matches the invitation pattern

I like it too. Prefer the rounded corners like the s3. Much more comfortable in the hand that way. But who knows could be fake.
And ill take the plastic over the so called premium materials that scratch if you look at them the wrong way. ;)

indeed. Samsung knows what real premium materials are. just like the peeps that make premium automobiles. they use the right stuff for the job.

gcubed

What I was saying is that the T4i modem is not programmable by the OEM and come pre-configured for GSM based bands only so it wouldn't be a huge selling point.

Yeah, because Qualcomm saw they were losing business with their BS so they opened up a bit.

i was under the impression from everything i read it is still programmable, band programmable and fully updatable, just not for CDMA

that one i gotta say is the least fake looking so far... the pattern on the front even matches the invitation pattern
I'll say they're fake. Samsung did the same thing last year. They have too many prototypes in the wild to know. I'll say that a lot of it is real, like the pattern you mention, as well as the aluminium around the edges, but the actual casing is not the final casing.

Doubt it, the Moto arm has to be for profit.
but google is trying to push their store aren't they? I'm not saying 300 bucks, of course. But like 400-500 bucks. Somewhere in between that range. They could sell through carriers and their own store.

gcubed

I'll say they're fake. Samsung did the same thing last year. They have too many prototypes in the wild to know. I'll say that a lot of it is real, like the pattern you mention, as well as the aluminium around the edges, but the actual casing is not the final casing.

but google is trying to push their store aren't they? I'm not saying 300 bucks, of course. But like 400-500 bucks. Somewhere in between that range. They could sell through carriers and their own store.

If its the T4i its supposed to be, like the other tegra's, very very cheap.

Then it isn't fully programmable, just adjustable.

thats splitting hairs to me. I'd say its adjustable to CDMA as well if it was capable.

kehs

Banned

Oh yeah, it'll probably be on play, but not nexus prices. Will be interesting to see how they pull that off.

I'm going to assume that all the time spent finagling around with experimental Ubuntu previews and trying to retro fit ICS and JB onto a Nexus One, you completely missed this feature in ROMs....since, oh, summer of last year?

But as is the case with many of the features found in said ROMs, get on that shit Google.

>=|

lol

Since I've been using a phone with shitty capacitive buttons I haven't really cared about the slick Now activation.

Plus romcity? fuck that place, it's a last resort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom