• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why though? The whole point of decoupling apps from the system software was exactly to get around the fact that they could update as they go versus having to wait for the next version of the OS.

gonna tie them into KLP via some unique functionality and force customers to beg OEMs to upgrade for the better version of gapps!

MASTER PLAN!!!

(no, they just suck)

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Thank the lord at least we have the open source community to bring us updates so when Google hold off on app updates for newer Android versions as long as your phone isn't a dinosaur you can usually find a ROM with all of the up to date goodness.

buhdeh

From Samsung official twitter account.

https://twitter.com/SamsungMobileUS

BFHlbV1CcAAcPc1.jpg:large

God, they should just go back to the S2 design.

Talon

God, they should just go back to the S2 design.
You mean look like an Archos product?

The rounded edge look of the SIII actually harkens back to the E6XXX series of flip phones. They abused the pebble metaphor then, I'm sure they'll do the same now as long as they can.

pretty hyped for thursday. I think samsung will bring some interesting features in their software. Also just want to know what battery it's packing already! Also maybe those leaked pics were the final product. Unless samsung is pulling a bait and switch here.

OR it's just a generic "galaxy phone" pic, especially considering there is no speaker grill lol. Guess we'll see soon.

It didn't need a speaker grill. The sound is transferred directly into your brain using a telepathic neural air interface.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Lol. One of the first things I turned off was that sound and the stupid ripple effect on my s3.
For the longest time I always wondered why my wallpapers would be more bright on the lock screen than on my home screen. I had to Google it because it bothered me so much and found out that the ripple effect was the cause of it. Disabled that shit ASAP.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
KLP should bring those app updates. Well, not the OS itself but the presentation. It just looks better for Google.

I'm sure the apps will be updated through Play.

Fatalah

Thank the lord at least we have the open source community to bring us updates so when Google hold off on app updates for newer Android versions as long as your phone isn't a dinosaur you can usually find a ROM with all of the up to date goodness.

You said it! Running CM Jellybean on the original Incredible! Works fine too.

HawkeyeIC

KLP should bring those app updates. Well, not the OS itself but the presentation. It just looks better for Google.

I'm sure the apps will be updated through Play.

Not sure on features, but KLP will finally bring a consistent design across the board, they're waiting to update everything that day.

Qvoth

so my sgs 2 that i bought in hongkong few years back finally updates to jelly bean 4.1.2 from samsung kies since it got released few days ago
but now google play store always crashes :(
"Unfortunately, Google Play Store has stopped"
what should i do now? :
i've tried clearing cache, restarting the phone, still happens

kehs

Banned
Galaxy S IV

Upgrade your yourself straight into the bloodstream!

(this may or may not be an early peek at verizon's marketing angle)

Samsung's Sharp equity deal reveals pressures as display unit lags

SYMBOLIC STAKE

The latest deal, which will give Samsung a symbolic 3 percent stake in Sharp, is a drop in the bucket from the South Korean goliath's 37.4 trillion won ($34.5 billion) in cash.

But it will give Samsung a broader supplier base, access to Sharp's low-cost thin-screen technology, and a foot in the door at one of Apple Inc's key Asian display suppliers.

Not sure if this has been posted but read this a few days ago. Those Samsung using lcd rumors just won't die so maybe it's related.

I'm probably gonna pass on the S4. Doesn't seem like it'd be worth using an upgrade over my S3.
well it's a typical upgrade. Bigger screen, better screen, better camera, better cpu/gpu, better battery life, slightly better hardware quality (aluminium edges), we also don't know the final design.

It's basically an upgrade in every way possible. But is it one you could live without? That tis the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom