• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeppu

*yawn* **rubs eyes... oh Intel.....** *yawns*

You won't be yawning when I show you my dual booting Win8/Android Surface Pro. I won't show you it yet because I'm installing the triple boot of both ubuntu and the new ubuntu mobile.

gcubed

well it's a typical upgrade. Bigger screen, better screen, better camera, better cpu/gpu, better battery life, slightly better hardware quality (aluminium edges), we also don't know the final design.

It's basically an upgrade in every way possible. But is it one you could live without? That tis the question.

in all honesty though, that shit is boring anymore. I haven't been excited by hardware in quite a while

gcubed

My friend texted me and said he got the Jelly Bean update pushed to his phone this morning from Verizon. He has a Razr (can't remember if it's the MAXX or not), and he said he likes the update so far.

I want one!

yup, they started going out for OG Razr/Maxx this morning.

BIGWORM

well it's a typical upgrade. Bigger screen, better screen, better camera, better cpu/gpu, better battery life, slightly better hardware quality (aluminium edges), we also don't know the final design.

It's basically an upgrade in every way possible. But is it one you could live without? That tis the question.

I just don't know if it's worth an upgrade + $300-$400, again.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I just don't know if it's worth an upgrade + $300-$400, again.

It's not, but people need to get over this need to upgrade every year phone wise anyways. Honestly there is no reason why most of the phones released in 2012 shouldn't easily last people till 2014.

JCizzle

I have until Saturday to return my note 2 and keep my upgrade. Really hope they drop concrete release dates, otherwise fuck it.

kehs

Banned
There's no volume adjustment for the keyboard is there? Just on/off? I've grown to like the clickity clack, but it's a bit too loud.

tino

Banned
You won't be yawning when I show you my dual booting Win8/Android Surface Pro. I won't show you it yet because I'm installing the triple boot of both ubuntu and the new ubuntu mobile.

I am more interesting in installing W8 on tablets with proper 16:10 or 4:3 screens and more power efficient soc.

kehs

Banned

Everyone should keep using the 808 as a measuring stick until it's beat.

htconesamplecomp02.jpg

htconesamplecomp03.jpg

I'm more concerned about the battery, but Engadget made it sound a bit better than Verge did.

A concern of mine too. However it seems 9-10 hours of heavy usage is what it's clocked at. Perfectly fine for me. Seems a little better than what I'm currently getting out of my 4s so I should transition easy.

tino

Banned
Can anyone explain to me why does a social network platform called app.net. Why not call it pizza.biz? Becasue it would make equal amount of sense.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
The One night shot isn't bad. But it's the only shot worth talking about.

Can anyone explain to me why does a social network platform called app.net. Why not call it pizza.biz? Becasue it would make equal amount of sense.

It's an API from where apps are built.

Samsung Russia had this teaser on their website for the S4. Once again shows that the teaser image might be misinformation by samsung. This phone certainly looks like the rumours indicated (aluminum edge, more s2 design aka slightly less rounded, and so on. It also looks much much thinner than that one in the leaked video which is comically thick for a samsung phone).

gcubed

Samsung Russia had this teaser on their website for the S4. Once again shows that the teaser image might be misinformation by samsung. This phone certainly looks like the rumours indicated (aluminum edge, more s2 design aka slightly less rounded, and so on. It also looks much much thinner than that one in the leaked video which is comically thick for a samsung phone).

never forget

Now, with Sense 5, the UI has changed on nearly everything once again, from the home page to core HTC apps; it's better than Sense 4 in some ways, but in other ways it's a step back.

All new sense 5 omg someone put Samsung and Sony on suicide watch that's a system seller right there...weather redefined.

The Play Store will get flooded with Sense 5 clock/weather widgets.

New phones all look meh. Bigger batter faster stronger
battery drain
, I don't need a wireless charger I need a charger implant in my leg or charging pants so the phone doesn't run out of juice.

kehs

Banned
All new sense 5 omg someone put Samsung and Sony on suicide watch that's a system seller right there...weather redefined.

battery drain
, I don't need a wireless charger I need a charger implant in my leg or charging pants so the phone doesn't run out of juice.

Well you'd need the wireless charging part to do the energy transfer

Also, http://www.bubblews.com/news/248194-charger-smartphones-and-tablets-uses-body-heat-to-generate-power

zedge

battery drain
Someone needs to patent that shit. Charging pants with little micro usb plugs in the pocket. Thin flexible batteries that run along the inside of the leg.

Someone needs to patent that shit. Charging pants with little micro usb plugs in the pocket. Thin flexible batteries that run along the inside of the leg.

A bunch of stuff like that already exists, but its mainly to charge heating elements in gloves and boots for low temperature work.

kehs

Banned
Google needs to do some shit about first sign-ins to new devices that just dumps all the apps installed on your last device.

I keep finding a bunch of apps I don't need on my phone that were installed when I signed into it last week.

tino

Banned
Google needs to do some shit about first sign-ins to new devices that just dumps all the apps installed on your last device.

I keep finding a bunch of apps I don't need on my phone that were installed when I signed into it last week.

See thats why you should use Titanium. Also use labels to group your backuped apps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom