• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think you should just go iphone or nexus. Nexus assuming you even can, I mean I'm sure you can use a prepaid card or something. I think.

Also you'd be able to use paypal to pay for apps too, which iOS wouldn't support.
the store apparently has the backend enabled for Canada prepaid cards... this happened a few days before it launched in the UK, so expectations are that it should be announced in Canada any day now.

i dont see tiny wings.... the others are there

Podcasts - pocketcasts, especially after their redesign

BG data isn't going to be enough for you to have to worry. I use my phone quite a bit and i'm under 1G some times, unless you are streaming movies over Wifi i'd say you wouldn't notice the hit of BG data.

Is Google Music live in Canada? You can use that and pin stuff for offline listening while on Wifi to save your data usage.
yeah that

of course iOS will have the better apps/easier music transferring and all that. If I was in your position I'd get the nex4.

I still think you should just go iphone or nexus. Nexus assuming you even can, I mean I'm sure you can use a prepaid card or something. I think.

Also you'd be able to use paypal to pay for apps too, which iOS wouldn't support.

yeah that

of course iOS will have the better apps/easier music transferring and all that. If I was in your position I'd get the nex4.

Man I absolutely hated music transfer on iOS, or specifically iTunes. Doubling up tracks for no reason, and then making it a pain in the arse to work out why and then correcting it. Never again.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Screen+Shot+2013-03-20+at+5.12.20+PM.png

aJBLf.gif
aJBLf.gif
aJBLf.gif

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Of course it'll never be feasible until Google kicks all the hosted apps off the Chrome Web Store and only allows packaged apps.

I could see there being an opt-in manifest setting that tells the store your app is "responsive" and would thus filter the others out on the phone.

The mind races with possibilities...

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
How is that different from Android with a skin?

Well for one, the entire app development toolchain is different. Web apps (and Native Client) instead of Java. The system has far more robust security; sandboxing on multiple levels, encrypted partitions, an entire second copy of the system image in case the first is infected or altered. Resumes and boots instantly. Built-in Google Drive support in the file manager (oh and there's a file manager.) Better support for web standards. Automatic and seamless updates. The list goes on.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Honestly I don't think FF OS looks great either. Just giving Andrex a hard time.

Out of all the new stuff Ubuntu Touch looks the best IMO.

buhdeh

In all seriousness, I probably need to uninstall Tasks now. I bet that's the next to go considering Keep pretty much does the same thing...

Ahhh you can make audio notes on keep through Google Now/The Search bar. Pretty cool. Just say make a note need to buy milk etc and then tap on the ... That appears. It'll then present the app picker allowing you to select e-mail or keep. Then it will save the note. Awesome.

Cipherr

Ahhh you can make audio notes on keep through Google Now/The Search bar. Pretty cool. Just say make a note need to buy milk etc and then tap on the ... That appears. It'll then present the app picker allowing you to select e-mail or keep. Then it will save the note. Awesome.

Verrrry nice. I like the way you can swipe away the Note cards in the Keep menu to archive them and whatnot. I just really like the card UI system in general.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
They're finally updating the play store. Long time coming. The new look + the look of their recent iOS apps and whatnot.

I have a feeling I know how the overall aesthetic of key lime pie is going to be, and it's slick.

gcubed

They're finally updating the play store. Long time coming. The new look + the look of their recent iOS apps and whatnot.

I have a feeling I know how the overall aesthetic of key lime pie is going to be, and it's slick.

that play store looks great, and i agree, they have been moving to that aesthetic over their last few iterations of apps, hoping they move more that way for KLP

Should I worry about this eventually shutting down too?

they already got me once when they shut down Google Notebook and i had to export everything to Pocket and Evernote, not falling for it again!

You reader fanboys are never going to let that one go are you.

Notebook was easily replaced. iGoogle hurt. Reader was a DAGGER. Fuck Google, just release the source, Samsung all the way.

looks terrible. harder to navigate, more scrolling, less information displayed per screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom