• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.
New play store is hot as fuck mang. I expect gmail to be updated soon to match the iOS app and the web app in look. And then I expect key lime pie to refine the rest of the OS in a similar style.

Will be one nice ass OS. Almost makes me want to not get the S4 or any other phone other than something running stock or close to it...almost :p

VanWinkle

I didn't even realize there were some screenshots of the storefront on the link back there. I only looked at the video. Man. It looks so good.

mturco

Overall people seem to be loving the new look. FACELESS, I am disappoint.

Shits slick.

I've been lurking in this thread forever and I swear he never likes anything that isn't made by Samsung.

Also, yeah, it looks great like everything Google's done design wise in like the last 6 months.

Screen+Shot+2013-03-20+at+5.12.20+PM.png

aJBLf.gif
aJBLf.gif
aJBLf.gif
Not gonna lie. I'd buy that day 1. There's something that turns me on about having all my apps on the same platform.

I've been lurking in this thread forever and I swear he never likes anything that isn't made by Samsung.

Also, yeah, it looks great like everything Google's done design wise in like the last 6 months.

pretty sure i can find a lot of things that contradict that both ways. i mean, i don't even use the Samsung launcher, i use Nova.

and Google Search + Now is waaaay better than Siri and i disabled S Voice within an hour or so of getting my Note 2.

mturco

pretty sure i can find a lot of things that contradict that both ways. i mean, i don't even use the Samsung launcher, i use Nova.

and Google Search + Now is waaaay better than Siri and i disabled S Voice within an hour or so of getting my Note 2.

Haha fair enough. S Voice was a huge flop and they haven't even improved it for the S4, have they? They should just drop it and use Google Now.

Edit: Also, yes, count me in the Apex camp. It was a tough decision though. They're both very good.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Warning....

Warning....

Incoming hater bomb....

That shit looks fucking gosh damn terrible either way. Industrial design is not your forte. Note to self disregard Faceless when it comes to design opinions.

Transmission Out...

Threi

notag
team nova for me as well (as said apex has some issues with grid options, and nova has better widget overlap)

02Lg7oo.png

@ faceless where the folders at man?

Had to reset my phone and now for whatever reason all my contacts are gone. I syned with Google right before I reset, and after syncing many more times still nothing.

This is really odd and very annoying.

malyce

Had to reset my phone and now for whatever reason all my contacts are gone. I syned with Google right before I reset, and after syncing many more times still nothing.

This is really odd and very annoying.

Settings>Accounts>youremail@gmail.com>Contacts[check]

Nitsuj23

New to Android, but plan on getting an S4 after loving my N7. I'm just not really sure how launchers work. If I use Nova or whatever other launcher does that replace TouchWiz? And do you have to root something to change the launcher?

Thanks!

New to Android, but plan on getting an S4 after loving my N7. I'm just not really sure how launchers work. If I use Nova or whatever other launcher does that replace TouchWiz? And do you have to root something to change the launcher?

Thanks!

whatever launcher you have set as default will be the one that shows when you press the Home button.

no, you don't need to root.

I hate that you can't remove the search bar on the stock launcher. It's almost been a year since I switched to Android and I've never, ever used the search bar. And it's on all home screens. What a waste of space.

Nicktendo86

I hate that you can't remove the search bar on the stock launcher. It's almost been a year since I switched to Android and I've never, ever used the search bar. And it's on all home screens. What a waste of space.
Download nova or apex launcher. They look just like stock but you van remove the search bar.

3phemeral

Avast is either reporting a bunch of false positives from apps installed directly from the Play Store or my phone suddenly just got massively infected. Anyone else getting Android: FakeInst EY [trj] warnings for gmail, zagat, splashtop, pulse, superuser (the new opensource one by koush) etc.?

Not that I think having the bar there is right for everyone, but can I ask for why you're not using it? I probably use mine like 5 times a day, and then a voice action here or there.

Groof

Shit man, y'all need to learn how to use gestures and more docks for added minimalism and functionality.
Only one home screen. Swipe up for app tray. 4 docks with 5 most used apps each. Used to use Minimalistic Text for ever more minimalism, but DashClock works just as well.
Oh and #teamApex

Not that I think having the bar there is right for everyone, but can I ask for why you're not using it? I probably use mine like 5 times a day, and then a voice action here or there.

I simply have no use for it.

Shit man, y'all need to learn how to use gestures and more docks for added minimalism and functionality.

Only one home screen. Swipe up for app tray. 4 docks with 5 most used apps each. Used to use Minimalistic Text for ever more minimalism, but DashClock works just as well.
Oh and #teamApex

Your wallpaper, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom