• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.
New round of X Phone rumors or why did you have to go and get banned again PCTX?!?!

m.androidauthority.com/google-x-phone-rumor-4-8-inch-sapphire-display-qualcomm-snapdragon-800-4000mah-battery-november-launch-177568/

To put this idiot rumour into to context, cost price for a Sapphire watch glass is £25, and that's for a watch. Imagine how much it would cost for a bigger substrate. The glass alone would be £300 or more. Ridiculous idea.

Zeppu

i heard the x phone will have a 6000mAh battery! holy moly!

My sources are saying the same thing. Wow!

What people don't realize is that carbon fibre and graphene are both allotropes of carbon, so the outer shell of the X-phone, while carbon fibre, is actually graphene and is also the battery. This means it will have 6000 Ah (note, no 'milli') battery, will charge (inductively) in seconds and be able to resist crashes at 300km/h.

gcubed

There would be zero reason for it to come out along side a nexus device, coupled with not having a launch device for I/o

If i start my own blog of bull shit rumors can we repost here as well? I'm stealing the graphene rumor

Zeppu

sources just got in touch with me! the X phone is covered in solar panelling so it charges itself! wowza!

That's ridiculous because that would require one to be outside and in good climate. It's actually covered in solar panels on the inside and it's got a miniature sun inside of it. The graphene battery is actually only required to jump-start the fusion for said miniature sun.

jokkir

That's ridiculous because that would require one to be outside and in good climate. It's actually covered in solar panels on the inside and it's got a miniature sun inside of it. The graphene battery is actually only required to jump-start the fusion for said miniature sun.

Seems like a waste of money. Mirrors right outside of the shell near the flashlight pointing back down to the solar panel seems like a more cost efficient way

Zeppu

Seems like a waste of money. Mirrors right outside of the shell near the flashlight pointing back down to the solar panel seems like a more cost efficient way

And how exactly do you plan to charge the flashlight battery? Not with the petrol micro-engine that's for sure, since that's only there to power the A/C unit.

Futureman

Does the Gmail app chug like a mother fucker for anyone else when typing or reading a semi long email? Scrolling through an email is really slow. The text is blurry as if its loading or rendering for a second when scrolling.

Nexus 4 on 4.2.2

After typing a few paragraphs it starts to lag.

yep. I always have a huge email chain going with my friends and the GMail app sucks at keeping up. Pretty disappointing when these phones are so powerful.

anyways.... what exactly were the big complaints w/ 4.2.2? Just go it pushed from Verizon and I have zero issues basically.

gcubed

yep. I always have a huge email chain going with my friends and the GMail app sucks at keeping up. Pretty disappointing when these phones are so powerful.

anyways.... what exactly were the big complaints w/ 4.2.2? Just go it pushed from Verizon and I have zero issues basically.

there is a bold number on the clock in the lock screen. SCRAP THE ENTIRE THING!

Cipherr

My only complaint was that it was a small update compared to 4.1. I haven't had any issues either; I'm just ready for the next mega update.

Nicktendo86

My only complaint was that it was a small update compared to 4.1. I haven't had any issues either; I'm just ready for the next mega update.

Key Lime Pie cannot come quick enough for me, I really want a more uniform look throughout the OS (the new card based look from Now and the ios apps) and some of the features found in CM, quiet hours and quick reply on sms are the big ones for me. I would be a happy camper of I got those.

gcubed

It was still a relatively decent update. I'm looking forward to hopefully the Holo Light redesign of the OS

New round of X Phone rumors or why did you have to go and get banned again PCTX?!?!

m.androidauthority.com/google-x-phone-rumor-4-8-inch-sapphire-display-qualcomm-snapdragon-800-4000mah-battery-november-launch-177568/

That all sounds pretty believable to me, given Moto's industrial design.

If true and sold with stock Android for cheap-ish, I'm in.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
"Render"

bYjwc20.jpg

http://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_x_phone_render_surfaces_some_more_specs_added-news-5757.php

buhdeh

I wouldn't mind a 4.5" 720p screen. 2800mAH battery on that would be insane and much more useful to me than a 1080p screen. Hope it has LTE this time.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Agreed in all three points. Come on nexus 5, please don't disappoint. My galaxy nexus is on its last legs.
last legs? lol nexus 5 aint coming out for a longgggggg time unless google pulls a surprise out of nowhere. Hopefully those last legs can go another 7 months. Would be nice if it were the other way around. Release the x phone in Q4 and the Nex5 update in summer, when google i/o is.

Nicktendo86

last legs? lol nexus 5 aint coming out for a longgggggg time unless google pulls a surprise out of nowhere. Hopefully those last legs can go another 7 months. Would be nice if it were the other way around. Release the x phone in Q4 and the Nex5 update in summer, when google i/o is.
They can but it will hurt. It is the horrible screen what kills me!

If the X phone is 720p like those rumours suggest, I could also see the Nexus 5 doing it.

720p! LOLOLOLOL!

Seriously, if they use a 720p screen then it is going to be fucking hilarious watching Moto fail for another year.

Google just need to dispose of the handset division, either write it down or sell it. Just hold onto the patents. Google have no business owning hardware divisions.

Chinner

Banned
Source just spoke to me again! he said it was awfully funny how we have not seen the ps4 or x phone yet! read in between the lines people!

Tacitus_

Is there anything I should know about getting a Nexus 4 from the States (I live in Europe - Finland to be precise)? I'm having my aunt order one and mail it to me since fuck paying 500€ for one. According to a quick google search, it should fine but I figured I'd ask anyway.

Zeppu

Is there anything I should know about getting a Nexus 4 from the States (I live in Europe - Finland to be precise)? I'm having my aunt order one and mail it to me since fuck paying 500€ for one. According to a quick google search, it should fine but I figured I'd ask anyway.

You'd be better off trying to get it from the UK play store and sending it to some mail forwarding service in the UK, I think. I couple of friends of mine did just that and they got it for €350 each.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom