• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I couldn’t have said if it was larger in the few minutes that I had the phone. Also, it has Nexus written on the back like the Nexus 7 except there is a color element to it. The ‘X’ is in four colors. There was also the LG logo on the back.

This sounds awful, but I'm glad to hear it's not another LG Black Rectangle TM

Cudder

Was this posted? First hands on report with the LG Optimus G Nexus:

http://androidandme.com/2012/10/smartphones-2/first-hands-on-report-of-the-lg-optimus-g-nexus/

So it has a different form factor than the Optimus G? I assumed it would just be the same phone running stock :/

Interesting though. More round is better than the boxy look.

oh shit, ppl are getting HANDS ON time with it?? looks like the leaks will be heavy in the coming weeks.

No matter, I'll probably skip out on this years version anyway.

Verizon is already re-releasing the international Intel based RAZR M variant?

Both The Verge and Engadget dropped their reviews of it today, so I'm assuming it's appearing in stores soon.

Even as MS ports Windows to ARM, Intel is busy porting Android to x86. It's such an interesting time to be a phone geek.

http://androidandme.com/2012/10/smartphones-2/first-hands-on-report-of-the-lg-optimus-g-nexus/

So it has a different form factor than the Optimus G? I assumed it would just be the same phone running stock :/

LG Optimus Nexus seems to be the first Nexus out of the leaks gate. I wonder if the rumors of many Nexi are true. I don't know if I would be able to choose between Galaxy Nexus II, Optimus Nexus, Xperia Nexus, and Droid Nexus. Well, I know I won't be getting the shitty HTC Nexus, so that's one crossed off the list already.

Am I the only one that thinks the HTC VX looks wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than their One X line. I mean aesthetically. If that thing had the same screen/specs and stock android it would pretty much shit on every phone.

htc-one-x-vx-hands-on4_1020_gallery_post.jpg
htc-one-x-vx-hands-on7_1020_gallery_post.jpg

htc-one-x-vx-hands-on6_1020_gallery_post.jpg

Sorry. I saw HTC and reacted reflexively.

In all seriousness, I hope we start getting leaks about the other Nexus phones soon. I only have about 400 MB of space left on my Galaxy Nexus, sooner would be better Google!

Divvy

I hope there's a good one. I want a new phone this holiday season and since Nokia seem to be stupid assholes, the 920 might not be an option anymore. I wanted to try WP out too.

DXPett1

Both The Verge and Engadget dropped their reviews of it today, so I'm assuming it's appearing in stores soon.

Even as MS ports Windows to ARM, Intel is busy porting Android to x86. It's such an interesting time to be a phone geek.

LG Optimus Nexus seems to be the first Nexus out of the leaks gate. I wonder if the rumors of many Nexi are true. I don't know if I would be able to choose between Galaxy Nexus II, Optimus Nexus, Xperia Nexus, and Droid Nexus. Well, I know I won't be getting the shitty HTC Nexus, so that's one crossed off the list already.

From what I can tell Motorola are not doing a Nexus. So far seems to be Samsung, LG, Sony and HTC.

Bring on the Xperia Nexus

I do hope Google have a grip on their process and having multiple Nexus with different SOCs doesn't slow down the update process

elsk

Banned
Sorry. I saw HTC and reacted reflexively.

In all seriousness, I hope we start getting leaks about the other Nexus phones soon. I only have about 400 MB of space left on my Galaxy Nexus, sooner would be better Google!

I'm hoping for leaks too, if all the models are 'less-good looking' than the current Nexus then I want to be able to buy the Galaxy Nexus before they drop it :(

JoeFu

Banned
If Sony is making a Nexus its gonna be hard to resist. I like keeping my phones for at least two years, but those Xperia phones look so nice.

Sony seems to be on a roll lately under Kaz. I never thought I would own a Sony laptop yet I have one right now. Well, the Vita is an unmitigated disaster though.

VanWinkle

Am I the only one that thinks the HTC VX looks wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than their One X line. I mean aesthetically. If that thing had the same screen/specs and stock android it would pretty much s*** on every phone.

That looks fantastic. Would love to have a phone that looks like that. I think HTC is up there with Nokia and Apple now with respect to design and quality hardware, with their 8S, 8X, One X, One V, and now this. They've improved a lot.

VanWinkle

But why does their budget line look better than their flagship. It makes no seeeeenseeeee.

PUNNNNNNN INTENDEEDDddDdd

I wouldn't quite call it "budget". 1.2 ghz S4 processor, Super LCD 2 display (lower resolution, but still one of the best screens out there), 1gb RAM, etc. Maybe upper mid-range would be a better description. And One X is a fantastic looking phone; I just prefer the look of this. Love that metal on the sides.

tino

Banned

Can't even say whats the soc? This leak has very little info.

Also, " It still had the hodge-podge mess of multiple communication tools: Messenger, GTalk, Voice and SMS.”

LOL

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
That's a nice looking phone, agreed.

It has a silver’ring like the iPhone 3G around the outer edge of the screen which seemed to be similar to the Galaxy Nexus in size but was much better in brightness.
Are you serious. This is awful news. That's so last decade.

coming from a one x owner that has always loved the design of it...

that VX looks downright smoooooth. love the look

what size is it? 4.3 or 4"?

i'm into big phones now, but the smallish form factor goes well toward making it look like a nice phone.

and you guys are right it's not exactly a budget phone. it's almost like a one s to be honest

i'm into big phones now, but the smallish form factor goes well toward making it look like a nice phone.

and you guys are right it's not exactly a budget phone. it's almost like a one s to be honest

well the pics are a bit deceiving because the verge does say it feels kind of cheap and plasticy but the design itself is great. That exact look with higher quality materials would be the best looking android phone instantly.

I think it's bigger than 4.3. Too lazy to check.

DXPett1

I don't think I could take a screen any smaller than the Galaxy Nexus. My Nexus 7 already makes it feel tiny after I go between the two devices (though I wouldn't want anything larger)

Cipherr

I still dont like that VX design more than the OneX. I absolutely adore the white One X chassis man. Love the silver accent around the camera bump and all. My favorite phone design so far.

I don't think I could take a screen any smaller than the Galaxy Nexus. My Nexus 7 already makes it feel tiny after I go between the two devices (though I wouldn't want anything larger)

Yeah me too. I dont want a screen smaller than 4.65. I absolutely love the size of my Nexus. Maybe a little bigger, 4.7 or 4.8 with little bezel, but dont shrink my screen man.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
(though I wouldn't want anything larger)

That's what you say because you haven't used larger. I said the same thing before I got a Note. Though, admittedly, my next phone may not be as large.

DXPett1

That's what you say because you haven't used larger. I said the same thing before I got a Note. Though, admittedly, my next phone may not be as large.

No, I know my hand won't stretch any wider. I cannot reach every corner in one position as it is ;)

I saw plenty of Note's while I was in HK and they were tempting with that HUUUUGE screen

Bboy AJ

No, I know my hand won't stretch any wider. I cannot reach every corner in one position as it is ;)

I saw plenty of Note's while I was in HK and they were tempting with that HUUUUGE screen

But did you use larger? Like I said, I thought similar to you. Check my post history about the Galaxy Nexus size before it was released. But then I got the Note and after a week, well, I'm pretty content.

I'm not saying a large phone is for everyone. What I am saying, though, is that you may not be as against the idea, in practice, as you think. But that's totally up to you. It's not like you get a $800 just to try out for a week and then return. It's way more of a hassle so I completely understand.

antipod

It's 4.5" with a 960x540 resolution.

SimleuqiR

It still had the hodge-podge mess of multiple communication tools: Messenger, GTalk, Voice and SMS.”

This guy is a GAFer confirmed! We've been complaining about this for ever.

Akira

Am I the only one that thinks the HTC VX looks wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than their One X line. I mean aesthetically. If that thing had the same screen/specs and stock android it would pretty much shit on every phone.

Another top tier design by HTC. That looks really hot.

tino

Banned
The VX's spec is closer to One S than to One V.

Is it another non replacable battery? If it is, fuck off HTC.

gcubed

Droid Nexus if you want actual reception. Xperia if you want looks, Galaxy Nexus if you are sadistic, LG... if you REALLY love LG.

Paul O'Brien just tweeted that somebody who he 100% trusts has confirmed an LG Nexus is coming. So basically confirmed. I really hope LG knock it out of the park.

Divvy

Well if Google can take Samsung and get them to release a Nexus that wasn't a plastic piece of crap, I suppose they can do the same for LG

Shit just got real

More details are starting to appear about the forthcoming LG Nexus device! Some of which are, well, rather shocking.

Although it's still not known whether it will be the ONLY Nexus to get a release, various sources are starting to fill us in on the specs. So far, we've had confirmed...
The device is based on the Optimus G but doesn't look the same
Quad Core Snapdragon S4 processor
2GB RAM
4.7" 1280x768 True-HD IPS screen
On screen soft keys (of course)
8 Megapixel Camera
No microSD slot
8GB and 16GB versions only (at least initially)
Non-removable battery
Wireless charging built in
The retail name of the device is yet to be decided.
Yup, you read that right... no microSD and max 16GB. Oh Google!

Launch is targeted for mid-November, so there's plenty of time for more details to emerge.

www.modaco.com/topic/358172-exclusive-more-details-on-lgs-forthcoming-nexus/#entry2031667

Divvy

I don't really care about removeable battery or microSD, but 8 and 16gig only? That better not be true

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom