• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

reKon

Banned
I used Cm10/10.1 for months when I had my S3. I wouldn't call a single release "perfect". It's usable but there was always some bug/battery drain/GPS issue/data issue that made me wish I got a Nexus isntead.

I've had all of these things on my Nexus before though, lol
I have the CDMA version =[

I would hate to buy a a GS4 and then see KLP be the best thing ever. These leaks need to start coming out so I know if the X Phone has the essentials I need.
well the GS4 isn't even coming out for at least a month give or take some days so by then the whole x phone shtick should leak.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
We have a release date now for the US at least for the HTC One. Sprint and AT&T are bothing releasing the phone on the 19th, and supposedly Sprint is going to take preorders starting Thursday.

Also Eastern Europe is tagged to get the GS4 in roughly two weeks time.

Edit: Also the HTC One comes with a free HTC Media Link HD through AT&T for a limited time.

Vanillalite

Meanwhile ARM just announced their next round of chips...

http://www.androidauthority.com/cortex-a57-ready-for-production-182840/

ARM Cortex-A57 ready for mass production: triple the performance with the same battery life

The press release also details some of the performance improvements we can expect from the new Cortex-A57. ARM suggests that its new chip can offer up to triple the performance of the current top of the line Cortex-A15 for the same amount of battery consumption. The new Cortex-A57 will also offer five times the amount of battery life when running at the same speed as ARM’s current chips, which is excellent news for us smartphone owners.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
I actually counted Canada. You'd think it'd be easier since Canadian models are the exact same as At&t ones. (minus branding)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I would hate to buy a a GS4 and then see KLP be the best thing ever. These leaks need to start coming out so I know if the X Phone has the essentials I need.

Every new version of stock Android is the best thing ever. If you don't buy Nexus you're a dope, plain and simple.
FuqnPhm.gif

Vanillalite

Every new version of stock Android is the best thing ever. If you don't buy Nexus you're a dope, plain and simple.
FuqnPhm.gif

Unless you buy a Verizon version like someone we all know around here.

PS: Battery Life Fans should be jumping for joy at that new ARM chip.

Groof

Unless you buy a Verizon version like someone we all know around here.

PS: Battery Life Fans should be jumping for joy at that new ARM chip.

It sounds almost too good to be true. I'll wait until it's used in something and see the reports.

We have a release date now for the US at least for the HTC One. Sprint and AT&T are bothing releasing the phone on the 19th, and supposedly Sprint is going to take preorders starting Thursday.

Also Eastern Europe is tagged to get the GS4 in roughly two weeks time.

Edit: Also the HTC One comes with a free HTC Media Link HD through AT&T for a limited time.

19th is good news for the GS4. US carriers like their 2 week launch windows.

Vanillalite

Opera just updated their new beta. Finally has text wrap, and has moved to a new version of chromium (though wish they'd say which one).

Vanillalite

I am getting spoiled by my free months of spotify Faceless posted about a few days ago. Using this shit all the time on my phone, both streaming and offline.

RM8

Got a small scratch on my Xperia P screen. This is so -not- gorilla glass even if it supposedly has "scratch resistant glass" :/ I'm ultra careful with my gadgets, my Lumia never got any scratches and it was always screen-protector-less. The worst part? I botched applying the screen protector that was included with my phone, haha (hmmm... I guess they including a screen protector was pretty telling now that I think about it).

Not really Android related, sorry about that.

Vanillalite

So here comes 3DMark Android Edition.

NeoGAF thread from Lonely1
Play Store link

Looks like we have a new tool to benchmark with. Once again, I find out my Qualcomm Galaxy S III's custom firmware gives me lower FPS, but for some reason, I have better physics performance. I wonder if it's CPU or GPU...

Despite the lower FPS, I still think having Android 4.2 is worth the small FPS drop.

Yeah I actually get better benchmark numbers with stock Sense 4+ Android 4.1 on basically every benchmark compared to running CM10.1 on my One XL. I'm still running CM10.1 though.

PS: April is here, and the HTC, Sony, and Samsung phones have been shown. Time for some frick'n Google I/O leaks please!

VanWinkle

Once your free sub has run out, try Rdio. Their app >>>>>>>>>> Spotify's.

SOOO true. I was desperately searching for a replacement for Zune Pass about a year or so ago. Tried Rdio a year ago but just wasn't too into it. Got Spotify, and it was okay. Had it for a couple of months, but I hated how there were only playlists instead of a traditional collection. Went back to Rdio about 5 months ago and haven't looked back. It's great for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom