• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow...the HTC hate in this thread is so comical.

seems like some posters just whine and hate on HTC on every post while pleasuring themselves with their Note 2, a phone that's not even out yet, or a sony phone..LOL

I had both the One X and the S3....both great phone and can't really say one is superior to the other. I don't care which one sold more.
The whole touchwiz vs. Sense, I thought people are smart enough to use a different launcher if they don't like them.

I'm actually getting the One and planning to get the S4 when its out...for I can compare them...then whine on a phone that I've actually used.
are you going to eat shit too?

Well, Faceless love his little cancer horizontal rom, so don't take him too seriously.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB_kjpr4O_A

it's just a setting in Nova to allow rotation.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
More Babel stuff, looks like WhatApp..
Using the new Roboto font that was first seen in Google Keep.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/0...babel-web-interface-look-to-be-the-real-deal/

nexusae0_Babel-hangout-edited-580-90_thumb.jpg

nexusae0_wm_6d4vcyD_thumb.png

...really?
did you just seriously use S Scroll as an example of a great feature?
i thought listing that feature was an obvious joke in an otherwise semi-serious post.

nobody really talks about Sony in here, and Motorola is mocked mightily
no doubt people talk about Sony and their Nokia strategy in the EMEA Android OT

The only S features I think are decent are s translator and maybe s-health if you're into that. The rest are going straight to disableeeee.

Thankfully Samsung lets you disable shit you don't want. HTC, take note!

real talk.

Smart Stay and Smart Rotate are AMAZING! and if you have someone else in the same galaxy, S Beam is the shit!

tino

Banned
wow...the HTC hate in this thread is so comical.

seems like some posters just whine and hate on HTC on every post while pleasuring themselves with their Note 2, a phone that's not even out yet, or a sony phone..LOL

I had both the One X and the S3....both great phone and can't really say one is superior to the other. I don't care which one sold more.
The whole touchwiz vs. Sense, I thought people are smart enough to use a different launcher if they don't like them.

I'm actually getting the One and planning to get the S4 when its out...for I can compare them...then whine on a phone that I've actually used.

Dude most people in this thread critized the HTC One base on objective facts (such as, battery, SD card, component shortage etc). You are the one who come in gun blazing, except I don't know who are you yelling at.

Did anyone disputed any HTC One review? No. So chill out.

Doesn't mean it's any better to hate on stuff they haven't used.

While "boom sound" is a stupid name, the speakers on the One put any other phone to shame in that regard, and people are going to use speakers on their phone a lot more than fucking s-health and s-finger hover.
but the measurements from both Anandtech and GSMArena say it's not actually that much louder. it's shameful that a pair of front facing speakers can barely outpace the typical solo rear or down facing speaker...

Also it's interesting to note that the One is basically been given rave reviews for their camera in "typical situations".. i.e. low light or indoor lighting, by just about every review on the Internet, yet people are still saying its crap.
and where are these rave reviews on the camera? there's Technobuffalo's rave review and Anandtech merely puts it on par in color quality, but (obviously) not detail. everyone agrees that it takes better pics than every current phone, even the 920, in pitch black though.

Plus it's got a better battery than just about all phones on the market right now, beating even the S4 in web browsing and having the same standby as the new Xperia Z.
if only it could beat the GS4 in standby time, it would actually have great battery life.

Most of it is simple trolling, while some is probably being actually upset at having the HTC produce a legitimately great phone.

One thing that surprised me was the Anandtech review. The only phone they've ever given a gold editors choice award for an the reviewer has already used the S4. So either they're going to give out two his month (unlikely), or the reviewer already believes the One is the better phone. It also happens to be te most in depth review out there.
gonna guess that review hinges on if they review the Qualcomm SD600 or Samsung Exynos Octa version of the GS4.

SimleuqiR

Nice. Can't wait.

"Photos can only be sent by Google+ accounts"

lol

You will swallow the G+ vitamin. It's good for you.

Dude most people in this thread critized the HTC One base on objective facts (such as, battery, SD card, component shortage etc). You are the one who come in gun blazing, except I don't know who are you yelling at.

Did anyone disputed any HTC One review? No. So chill out.

I am chill...just looking thru the pass few pages I just find it funny how much people hates on the htc one on regardless of the great reviews. you can clearly see which ones are haters and fanboys.

I am not yelling at anyone and I'm definitely not towards you, I greatly respect your post/opinion especially in the camera thread.

Ladies and Gentlemen... The GALAXY Win.

GkyLXi3l.jpg

Designed to provide the best in mobile technology that can easily fit in your pocket, the Samsung GALAXY Win is powered by Android (Jelly Bean) and comes equipped with powerful hardware that makes both gaming and multi-media easy. With a 1.2GHz quad core processor and a 4.7 inch display, there is no app or game that the GALAXY Win can’t run with vivid color and resolution. The 5-megapixel camera is equipped with multiple features including Continuous Shot, Best Photo, and multiple color effects to make taking high-quality photos fun and easy. The GALAXY Win also allows users to enjoy extended multimedia use and longer talk time with 8GB of internal storage and a 2,000mAh battery.

http://global.samsungtomorrow.com/?p=23540

WVGA? i thought mid-range was qHD-720p now

Cipherr

but the measurements from both Anandtech and GSMArena say it's not actually that much louder. it's shameful that a pair of front facing speakers can barely outpace the typical solo rear or down facing speaker...

I have to be real here. How loud it is doesnt mean anything when most phones are shooting the audio out of the backside of the phone and away from your face/ears. Front facing speakers are a pretty big deal IMO.

I have to be real here. How loud it is doesnt mean anything when most phones are shooting the audio out of the backside of the phone and away from your face/ears. Front facing speakers are a pretty big deal IMO.

but the phones were all measured with the screen facing up. flipping the other phones over would be cheating!

Loud? Is that all you class a speaker on? lol. Don't forget it's stereo with a wide enough split to actually make a difference, plus it's lack of distortion at higher levels. It's more of a shame you were making fun of boom sound without actually knowing what the hell you were talking about.

and where are these rave reviews on the camera? there's Technobuffalo's rave review and Anandtech merely puts it on par in color quality, but (obviously) not detail. everyone agrees that it takes better pics than every current phone, even the 920, in pitch black though.

So you ask where the rave reviews are then state you know it takes better pictures than most other phones. I guess you've seen them then.

if only it could beat the GS4 in standby time, it would actually have great battery life.

And this ladies and gentleman right here is the problem. It doesn't beat the S4 in standby time so it's not a great battery. The fact that it beats every other phone for battery life bar about 3 of them means nothing apparently.

gonna guess that review hinges on if they review the Qualcomm SD600 or Samsung Exynos Octa version of the GS4.

So the difference between a gold editors choice or not is its raw power? Gotcha.

X Phone is actually... Google's smartwatch?
lol. After thinking about it seriously This is what I think is going to be the case:

1) X phone will be the S4/HTC One competitor for google, sold to carriers and on their play store with more premium options, designed by google, launched with KLP, and google will ensure updates. It will have a skin, though obviously motorola's skin is almost non-existent these days.

2) Nexus line will continue to exist along with it and serve as the unlocked affordable phone with stock android for developers and geeks alike.

Both will sell on the play store and both will act as their yearly phone. New x phones every summer and new nexus phones every fall.

tino

Banned
I am chill...just looking thru the pass few pages I just find it funny how much people hates on the htc one on regardless of the great reviews. you can clearly see which ones are haters and fanboys.

I am not yelling at anyone and I'm definitely not towards you, I greatly respect your post/opinion especially in the camera thread.

OK no hard feeling man.

Are you really going to get both One and S4? I think there are better phones this year. LG Optimus G Pro or Xperia ZL for example.

I actually thinking about downgrading from my Android phone to a Nokia 808.

Groof

lol. After thinking about it seriously This is what I think is going to be the case:

1) X phone will be the S4/HTC One competitor for google, sold to carriers and on their play store with more premium options, designed by google, launched with KLP, and google will ensure updates. It will have a skin, though obviously motorola's skin is almost non-existent these days.

2) Nexus line will continue to exist along with it and serve as the unlocked affordable phone with stock android for developers and geeks alike.

Both will sell on the play store and both will act as their yearly phone. New x phones every summer and new nexus phones every fall.

I can see the entire Google influence thing be true and Google "ensuring" updates, as in giving Motorola early access to new Android builds to hopefully have it ready sooner than the rest, but I don't think it'll be available through the Play Store. It feels like if they do that, the entire point of trying to push their Nexus brand will have been for nothing.

Loud? Is that all you class a speaker on? lol. Don't forget it's stereo with a wide enough split to actually make a difference, plus it's lack of distortion at higher levels. It's more of a shame you were making fun of boom sound without actually knowing what the hell you were talking about.
well, i was only mentioning things it won on, it lost on clarity so i didn't bother to mention that. as far as stereo seperation goes, make sure to hold it the right way because it doesn't matter if you have the left side or right side up in landscape, left audio always comes out of the top speaker. why do they even make rotation sensors HTC?

So you ask where the rave reviews are then state you know it takes better pictures than most other phones. I guess you've seen them then.
"in pitch black"

And this ladies and gentleman right here is the problem. It doesn't beat the S4 in standby time so it's not a great battery. The fact that it beats every other phone for battery life bar about 3 of them means nothing apparently.
well, i mean, if you decided to browse the internet for 8-10h straight, the HTC One would be a battery life winner, but as soon as you put that phone down, you start losing.

So the difference between a gold editors choice or not is its raw power? Gotcha.
no, it's based on Aluminum. editors choice = an unrepairable handset with a joke two button layout, clumsy power button placement, no sd slot, an admittedly terrible interface that goes backwards in widget/shortcut placement, less features than competitors, a sealed battery, takes worse pictures all scenarios except pitch black, has worse performance than its biggest competitor, doesn't have audio output as clean as its competitor, the display calibration is very cold and not adjustable. i can go on and on, but basically, the award seems to be based primarily on the premium feel of its unibody aluminum construction.

I can see the entire Google influence thing be true and Google "ensuring" updates, as in giving Motorola early access to new Android builds to hopefully have it ready sooner than the rest, but I don't think it'll be available through the Play Store. It feels like if they do that, the entire point of trying to push their Nexus brand will have been for nothing.
I think google doesn't care though, I think they are happy having a huge line of products to sell in their own store. middle end and high end smartphone (x phone, both versions being more expensive than the nexus 4), affordable smart phone (nexus), and then the nexus 7 and nexus 10 and chromebooks and whatever else.

Also backs up that rumour that if they do plan to open up a retail store, they're gonna need a bigger lineup of products to sell. It's all money for google. Besides I don't think they make much from nexus 4s. Lets face it, google wants to get into the smartphone game. They want their own iphone. This is a fact we all know. We also know these will not be the nexus line. It will HAVE TO BE motorola. The x phone will likely be the first step into making that a reality. Then next year is when they take go all out on that plan.

Talon

Well, damn, seems like we know an awful lot for a device that nobody in here has used because it's not released yet.

OK no hard feeling man.

Are you really going to get both One and S4? I think there are better phones this year. LG Optimus G Pro or Xperia ZL for example.

I actually thinking about downgrading from my Android phone to a Nokia 808.

Yeah..I'll get both and pick which one is better. I thought about the Xperia Z just cause of the water proof thing, only if had the a slightly better spec, I would have got it.

DO NOT GET THE nokia 808!!! its probably the worst phone I've ever owned.

There is a bug that make the phone reboot for no particular reason, searching for gsm signal or some crap....with no fix! the OS is slow and buggy.

picture quality vs the sony rx100...the rx100 wins hands down.

I would wait for the rumored nokia 41mp windows phone.

Groof

I think google doesn't care though, I think they are happy having a huge line of products to sell in their own store. middle end and high end smartphone (x phone, both versions being more expensive than the nexus 4), affordable smart phone (nexus), and then the nexus 7 and nexus 10 and chromebooks and whatever else.

Also backs up that rumour that if they do plan to open up a retail store, they're gonna need a bigger lineup of products to sell. It's all money for google. Besides I don't think they make much from nexus 4s. Lets face it, google wants to get into the smartphone game. They want their own iphone. This is a fact we all know. We also know these will not be the nexus line. It will HAVE TO BE motorola. The x phone will likely be the first step into making that a reality. Then next year is when they take go all out on that plan.

Alright, alright, yeah I can see that actually. In this case I can see them experimenting with the X Phone, see if it makes a splash and becomes a big hit. If it does, with the next iteration erase any trace of Motorola's skin and slap on stock Android and fully support updates straight from themselves.

But then again, will Motorola even have much of a chance, though?

Alright, alright, yeah I can see that actually. In this case I can see them experimenting with the X Phone, see if it makes a splash and becomes a big hit. If it does, with the next iteration erase any trace of Motorola's skin and slap on stock Android and fully support updates straight from themselves.

But then again, will Motorola even have much of a chance, though?
who knows but it's not like they have a choice. Motorola seems to be on the decline, it's time for a bold move for them. They also need to get out of that verizon lovefest which seems to be not doing much for them.

The only thing that throws a wrench into what I'm saying is that there were prototype names for motorola phones that leaked a while ago that were carriers. The rumour also said none of these are the x phone. So I think Motorola will be releasing regular phones to carriers like usual, and the x phone will just be a separate google project.

Who knows.

buhdeh

Haha, Twitter must have heard my cries. They finally got rid of the legacy menu button from the entire app. Good stuff.

Now if only Samsung would get rid of the hardware menu button so app developers will stop putting in ugly ass menus like this:
fbleak4.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom