• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the X Phone on VZW manages to avoid the awful update delays that the VZW Galaxy Nexus has had, I will gladly get one and extend my contract with Verizon.

But if there's any hint of VZW jamming things up, I'll wait for my contract to expire in February and go elsewhere.

If the X Phone on VZW manages to avoid the awful update delays that the VZW Galaxy Nexus has had, I will gladly get one and extend my contract with Verizon.

But if there's any hint of VZW jamming things up, I'll wait for my contract to expire in February and go elsewhere.
I wouldn't count on the x phone even being available for verizon lol. At least I wouldn't get any hopes up on that. Motorola will still be releasing normal phones for carriers, I'm sure one of those will be for verizon though.

I wouldn't count on the x phone even being available for verizon lol. At least I wouldn't get any hopes up on that. Motorola will still be releasing normal phones for carriers, I'm sure one of those will be for verizon though.

Yeah, that's my concern. And if that's the case. I'll either pay the ETF and bail early, or just wait it out.

I thought Motorola was pretty much Verizon's bitch?
yeah but not google's bitch. Google pretty much hates them and I wouldn't be surprised if they snubbed em. They'll still get the droid razor maxx fullHD extreme with LTE. But the x phone? I doubt that. And TBH I doubt verizon will even want it.

gcubed

i would NEVER expect that, and never go into a new contract with verizon expecting that. I'll be getting the Nexus 5 when it releases and bailing on VZW... they got their pound of flesh from me... never again

Zeppu

New store is prettier, but it's showing less information/apps in any given page. Now I only see 5 apps per screen on my Galaxy Nexus, whereas I could see 7-8 on the My Apps screen, and 12-14 (?) on Top/Recent listings as it showed two side by side.

Form over function. Meh.

New store is prettier, but it's showing less information/apps in any given page. Now I only see 5 apps per screen on my Galaxy Nexus, whereas I could see 7-8 on the My Apps screen, and 14-16 on Top/Recent listings as it showed two side by side.

Form over function. Meh.
not like it's cumbersome to scroll or anything. I prefer the improved form in cases like that, where it doesn't cripple the user. Which it doesn't. It will take you 0.5 seconds longer to find something. But things will look sexier. A worthy trade.

Groof

New store is prettier, but it's showing less information/apps in any given page. Now I only see 5 apps per screen on my Galaxy Nexus, whereas I could see 7-8 on the My Apps screen, and 12-14 (?) on Top/Recent listings as it showed two side by side.

Form over function. Meh.

I think it looks good as it is on those tabs. But if you go to the "Users also installed/viewed these" pages then you see they stack 3 side by side. Would be nice if they let users choose how they want to sort it all.

Zeppu

I think it looks good as it is on those tabs. But if you go to the "Users also installed/viewed these" pages then you see they stack 3 side by side. Would be nice if they let users choose how they want to sort it all.

Yeah that view with 3 side by side looks great and they can fit 9 on a page easily, and looks exactly as sexy. I'd definitely prefer that .

not like it's cumbersome to scroll or anything. I prefer the improved form in cases like that, where it doesn't cripple the user. Which it doesn't. It will take you 0.5 seconds longer to find something. But things will look sexier. A worthy trade.

I could swipe side by side and glance at the top 10 everything without having to scroll. Now I can see top 5. It's not cumbersome but less than half the information is being shown on the same page. That's quite a substantial decrease.

Substantial when you look at it in those terms, but overall it doesn't effect things much, realistically. Who knows how they refine it though, looks like a great start for the new look.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
On a side note: USA Android-GAF... Ben and Jerry's today is Free Cone Day! Go get you some free ice cream to go along with that new play store!

The battery life on my N4 is starting to annoy me considerably. Wonder how the Xperia SP will benchmark..... Or if the S4 release will drive down the price of the Xperia Z?

Unless there is a Nexus 5 (rebadged Optimus G Pro) announced at i/o.

The battery life on my N4 is starting to annoy me considerably. Wonder how the Xperia SP will benchmark..... Or if the S4 release will drive down the price of the Xperia Z?

Unless there is a Nexus 5 (rebadged Optimus G Pro) announced at i/o.
nexus 5 most definitely won't be until the fall unless google unleashes a surprise out of nowhere. The x phone is probably the thing you should wait for considering if it's motorola it will likely have great battery life.

Also wanting great battery then thinking xperia Z isn't the best idea lol. X phone (if you're willing to wait) or S4 (if you're not willing to wait much) seems to be the choices.

Blackhead

Redarse
So... Chrome iOS gets full screen browsing
with the quick controls?!

Ok what's next on my list of grievances... Yeah why doesn't Chrome have an option for sharing a link along with opening it in another tab, copying the url etc

Guess I'll be buying a Nexus 4 again when the Chrome update hits :)

buhdeh

I guess Chrome is the next Google app to adopt the iOS first policy. Meanwhile, navigation in Maps still looks like complete garbage while the iOS version actually looks like a modern app.

I guess Chrome is the next Google app to adopt the iOS first policy. Meanwhile, navigation in Maps still looks like complete garbage while the iOS version actually looks like a modern app.
don't forget the gmail app was first updated to the new aesthetic on iOS...and then the second place to get it was the web app. Android will get it sooner or later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom