• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cipherr

Music and Maps/Navigation. Toss in a Calendar one also, and the obvious messaging redesign.

But after that, I'm at a bit of a loss as for anything I would consider priority that needs a redesign. I like the current Gmail, looks great.

Talon

The bummer about the iOS app though is the bordering that narrows the text field.

A strange choice of form over function.

kinggroin

Banned
Maps, Calendar, Music and Messaging are the remaining applications needing a visual change.

Also, just discovered it, Kii Keyboard is best keyboard. Even better than Swiftkey (feature wise).

Verizon licenses the Droid branding from Lucasfilm. Motorola never had anything to do with it. That's why HTC and Samsung devices have also carried the Droid branding.
oh yeah that's true, I totally forgot there is the Droid DNA and whatnot.

So yeah, they should just call it Android X lol. Or seriously just call it xPhone. X being the red X from the nexus logo. Anyone can release an x phone! Galaxy X. Razr X. Optimus X. Alright that makes no sense.

buhdeh

I hate SwiftKey. It isn't even smart enough to detect names.

I write something like Roberts and it'll autocorrect to Robert when every other keyboard in the world knows to autocorrect it to Robert's.

Groof

Kii would've been amazing if it hadn't had really poor language detection when you have two languages on the same keyboard. Swiftkey manages this with relative ease and is why I keep going back to it. Too bad it doesn't have an easy way to switch to other keyboards...

ZetaEpyon

I like the new play store in general, but man, the green for the apps section has got to go. It wasn't so bad in the old version where it was more highlight/text usage, but it just looks nasty to me in this one with the whole title bar being that color.

Dizzan

MINI Member
Just downloaded the new play store and Google music is available in Australia. Oversight or has it finally been released?

EDIT: Looks official. The webstore has been updated too. Hallelujah!!

gcubed

this is, in reality, fucking stupid, and google still hasn't provided a satisfactory answer for it yet. Personally, the convenience is enough for me to ignore it, but come on...
There answer was all they are is a purchasing agent, you are buying a product from the developer.

Babel deeeets:

Here is a feature list according to a Google memo (colorful commentary is theirs, not ours):

Brand new UI. We’ve designed a new UI that’s applied across all clients and promotes conversations.

Stay in sync. With just one conversation list and experience across mobile and desktop, everything is always in sync. Install the Chrome app, the Android app, and iOS app.

Desktop app. Stop laying whack a mole across blinking browser tabs. With the new Chrome app your conversations continue outside of the browser.

Keep a group conversation going to coordinate with your team, and start a Hangout with a single tap whenever you need to talk face-to-face.

Be notified…just once. Get notifications on your two phones, tablet, laptop, and desktop. Open it on one and watch the others disappear. If you’re actively using your computer or phone we’ll even intelligently notify you on just one of those endpoints. Magic!

Message more than just text. Add a photo to the conversation and/or send some of the 800+ emoji to your coworkers. Kittens and poop are particularly helpful in explaining complex issues.

Get nostalgic. Scroll back in time and relive any (on-the-record) conversation, on any device.

More ways to talk. For the first time we are building a first class iOS experience. Try out our very early preview on your iPhone or iPod Touch.
- droid life, who also backed up those leaked pics

giga

First class iOS experience, but no first class (read: native) desktop experience. Come on, not everyone cares for web apps.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
It's like Andrex lives in opposite land.

image.php

buhdeh

No desktop app, no care.

I'm not keeping a browser tab for Gmail, Google+ or whatever the fuck open at all times just to IM people. At least there's enough of a continuous flow of somewhat interesting things to see on Facebook to leave it open for chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom