• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

giga

So just got a new car ('14 Forester), and my Gnex won't work through the USB port in the car. Did some minimal searching and it looks like this functionality isn't supported...anyone else have this issue, or know of any fixes?
Yep. Same on N4 and '13 Accord. Welcome to the suck.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
We all know who you'd be prioritizing.

KuGsj.gif

buhdeh

lol LinkedIn app got updated and looks pretty good. I don't use it much but it's sad that both Twitter and LinkedIn have apps that are way better than the garbage Facebook shits out.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
BTW the Wordpress App got out of the dark ages and updated to a totally new holo based design. It's frick'n way way way better. Maybe I'll use the app more now and therefor post more on my blog.

Talon

First name Sam
Last name Sung

I actually knew someone named Sam Sung growing up. I always wondered if his parents did that intentionally. It's the equivalent of an American parent naming their child Mon Santo.

SimleuqiR

Can I just say that Android Police is like the best Android website in the world?

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/0...e-chat-lobbies-leaderboards-and-achievements/

We've got a good one for you today. A teardown of MyGlass, yes that's right, the Google Glass companion app, has given us what looks like the entire Google Games Service feature list. You just can't make this stuff up.

Everyone interested in gaming on Android should read the whole article.

Though, this news deserves its own thread. It's pretty bing IMHO.

Who cares about stupid mobile games. I want developers to stop treating Android like some hobo who lives in the ghetto. Where's my Yahoo Weather app for Android? Where's Twitter's #Music for Android? It's not 2010 anymore.

Talon

Who cares about stupid mobile games. I want developers to stop treating Android like some hobo who lives in the ghetto. Where's my Yahoo Weather app for Android? Where's Twitter's #Music for Android? It's not 2010 anymore.
Yahoo Weather for Gingerbread will be out in a month!

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

Dude I bitch to my relative who works at twitter all the time about this shit.

Blackhead

Redarse

Some developers... *shaking my head* Apple just broke push notifications for AppGratis, after already removing the app from the AppStore last week, and the developer proceeds to double down on the focus on iOS users. The mirage of the AppStore is just so strong.

Dude I bitch to my relative who works at twitter all the time about this shit.

Does your relative use an iPhone or Android phone?

If it makes you feel any better I just launched Twitter Music and paused the music for a second, now it won't unpause.

It's a bit wonky.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Hey -Pyro-, Archos has that small powerhouse phone you've been pining over:

archos-smartphone-line.jpg

While Archos has long held dreams of expanding into smartphones, we've seen it run into its fair share of roadblocks along the way. Thanks in part to a sharpened corporate focus, that vision is at last becoming real with the company's first, honest-to-goodness smartphone range. The 35 Carbon, 50 Platinum and 53 Platinum all cater to the budget, carrier-independent crowd with common foundations of unlocked 7.2Mbps HSPA 3G, dual SIM slots (only one being 3G) and stock Android. We also see a rather skimpy 4GB of storage, although a microSD slot on each phone helps make up for the difference.

What you're mostly paying for is performance and screen size. The 35 Carbon ships with an HVGA 3.5-inch screen, a single-core 1GHz Snapdragon S1, 512MB of RAM, VGA cameras and Ice Cream Sandwich; move up to the 50 or 53 Platinum and you'll get their respective 5- and 5.3-inch qHD screens, a 1.2GHz quad-core Snapdragon S4 Play, 1GB of RAM, an 8-megapixel rear camera, a 2-megapixel front camera and Jelly Bean. No, we're not bowled over by the performance any more than you are -- but the respective contract-free prices of $100, $220 and $250 may have at least some trying Archos' first effort, even if the company's late May launch will only include Europe at first.

pwahahahahahahaa

lol at that garbage. Amplifies the problem. Small phones = low-end phone for some god awful reason.

Luckily google plans to save us from this hellish future (and present).

besiktas1

How come I have the nexus 4 but don't have the new play store? I thought one of the advantages of this is having the newest things as soon as.

Also have yet to receive my replacement nexus 4 due to broken headphone jack...

How come I have the nexus 4 but don't have the new play store? I thought one of the advantages of this is having the newest things as soon as.

Are you in the States? I know here in Canada it's not out yet, at least I don't think.

buhdeh

I don't have it either but I'm guessing that's because I'm in Canada and the new store layout hasn't been built for it.

Cipherr

Only once its released where you are. Alot of us managed to get a hold of the leaked APK before it was officially released. Nexus will only guarantee that you get it as soon as its officially rolled out. If you want it early before its released where you are, you'll have to side load it like we did :D

Petrie

Banned
not sure if this is the right thread, but I just got a fresh Droid 4 from Verizon, and I'm looking to get it set up as streamlined and efficiently as I can. I just feel like things are a bit convoluted on my old phone with various widgets for stuff, and I'd like to consolidate things and get things efficient. any and all advice and suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I feel like I've fallen way behind the ball.

don't know exactly what I want, just to know how everyone is being productive, efficient, and uncluttered on Android these days with schedules, alarms, google now, and all that arious fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom