• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for questions, but any particular reason I should avoid Exynos? Obviously it's a very popular phone so I'm assuming people generally at least test on it to make sure it works for their apps.

Oh, you're making an app. I thought you were looking to go into ROM development, yeah in that case it makes no difference. I would still get a Nexus 4 as it is a reference device.

https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=nexus_4_16gb

Going out on a limb here, but anyone know of an app to download to wirelessly stream content to something like a boxee box, or anything that can emulate airplay?

Closest I found was imediashare lite, but when I go to my pictures it just shows an hourglass instead of the picture.

Going out on a limb here, but anyone know of an app to download to wirelessly stream content to something like a boxee box, or anything that can emulate airplay?

Closest I found was imediashare lite, but when I go to my pictures it just shows an hourglass instead of the picture.

there are apps that are AirPlay compatible and there are also UPnP/DLNA compatible apps like Twonky Beam that will push to devices that are UPnP/DLNA client compatible, like the Xbox 360.

Talon

at this point a better question would be to ask what ISN'T the x phone.

I almost hope the nex5/x phone suck so I don't have to sell my current phone to get it but alas, I am weak in the knees. 3000+ mah battery minimum and I will cave like a bitch....MAYBE.
Google's going to troll the fuck out of everyone and just launch a Nexus 4 LTE with the same camera at I/O.
My first 2 smartphones were HTC and Motorola, respectively. In fact my first smartphone ever was an AT&T 8525 (HTC Hermes). It ran Windows Mobile 5. God, Windows Mobile was such a piece of shit.
HTC Dash 4 Lyfe. My favorite part was the metal band around the front that became detached and eventually tore off.
images

I remember flashing WP7 onto it. It still sucked.

Google's going to troll the fuck out of everyone and just launch a Nexus 4 LTE with the same camera at I/O.

I could see that for i/o, but as for the x phone/nexus 5 coming in the fall, they best walk the walk when they say they want to improve build/battery and whatnot.

at this point a better question would be to ask what ISN'T the x phone.

I almost hope the nex5/x phone suck so I don't have to sell my current phone to get it but alas, I am weak in the knees. 3000+ mah battery minimum and I will cave like a bitch....MAYBE.

3200mAH model will cost an additional $50, $35 for battery addon, $15 for case addon (required for battery addon)

My first 2 smartphones were HTC and Motorola, respectively. In fact my first smartphone ever was an AT&T 8525 (HTC Hermes). It ran Windows Mobile 5. God, Windows Mobile was such a piece of shit.

<3 WinMo

<3 HTC Titan

To the contrary, that was considered a good phone in 2008. Once I flashed a stock rom and got rid of ATT's one.

In retrospect though...it's was a bad device.

So was everything else around that time. At least it had something that was considered to be a high resolution screen at that time.

Blackhead

Redarse
To the contrary, that was considered a good Android phone in 2008. Once I flashed a stock rom and got rid of ATT's one.

In retrospect though...it's was a bad device.
Fixed. It's like bragging that the BB 9900 is considered a good phone now. Sure it is to Blackberry users but that doesn't mean squat.

But damn, remember when half the flagship Android phones had keyboards and touch pads/scroll balls. I miss those days :/

0xCA2

Question:

I have an Android tablet. For some reason, it randomly jumps back to the home screen. I have tried returning it back to factory settings and that didn't work, but I did restore all my old apps so maybe that's the problem.

Does anyone know of this issue?

reKon

Banned
G1 was released in 2008, but that's beside the point. HTC is still garbage, stop living in the past. They had a spark when they started.

Oh god it's people like you that make having a discussion in the HTC one thread so difficult. Check the last few pages of that thread to see what I mean

malyce

Oh god it's people like you that make having a discussion in the HTC one thread so difficult. Check the last few pages of that thread to see what I mean

LMAO, it's not that serious. I think the One is a great device, and definitely a step in the right direction in many ways for HTC.

I caved for the build quality, screen and good web browsing time. I'm still a fickle whore though. Show me the nexus 5 and win me back from the skinned masses google. You must.

But until then I'll continue to stroke the aluminum.

Phandroid with a new entry to their Uniquely Android series

Uniquely Android: Puzzle Alarm Clock

What’s so unique about Puzzle Alarm Clock?

Right at the start, I have to request you to not judge Puzzle Alarm Clock by its name. It isn’t yet another of those “solve a math problem to switch off alarm apps”. It has a butt-load of features that I’ll get to below, but there’s one key element that makes it stand out for me: NFC.

I first began using the app at the start of the year when I was struggling to get rid of my nocturnal nature. I hate getting up early in the morning, sometimes snoozing my alarm for several hours before finally getting out of bed. The key for me, however, is that once I’m up and out of my room, I’m quite fresh and won’t fall back asleep even if I try to.

I had a bunch of NFC tags lying around, and I thought “wouldn’t it be great if there was an alarm app that only switched off the alarm by tapping with an NFC tag placed far away from my bed?” For a few minutes I thought I had just stumbled across a million dollar app idea. Unfortunately, as with all my other million dollar ideas, I found that someone had already built it.

i laughed. i know you did too!

reKon

Banned
lol one of my friends who is more of a casual user (like most who buy iPhones) just told me that he agrees that the HTC One looks great, but he doesn't trust HTC, lol...

damn

The only HTC phone that I really used a lot was the Droid Incredible and that phone is great back then with it's only fault being shitty battery. Then I heard about problems with the battery life of the Thunder, but not much more than that. What did HTC do to lose the people's trust? :(

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
lol one of my friends who is more of a casual user (like most who buy iPhones) just told me that he agrees that the HTC One looks great, but he doesn't trust HTC, lol...

damn

The only HTC phone that I really used a lot was the Droid Incredible and that phone is great back then with it's only fault being shitty battery. Then I heard about problems with the battery life of the Thunder, but not much more than that. What did HTC do to lose the people's trust? :(
Locked bootloaders, bad batteries, bloated sense, misplaced air of superiority

Jake.

just upgraded to 4.1.2 and i fucking hate it. how can i make the internet icon in the dock open with a browser other than stock? why has scrolling wallpaper been removed? why does it make you crop wallpaper now (you can't have a fullscreen portrait image?). ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom