• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.
Locked bootloaders, bad batteries, bloated sense, misplaced air of superiority
but the One doesn't have a bad battery, has a freely unlockable bootloader, sense isn't bloated! DUnDUNDUN.

But yeah, any time a company is humbled they come out with their best stuff. Sony did it with the PS3 and Nintendo will soon do the same probably, HTC done did it, etc...

reKon

Banned
but the One doesn't have a bad battery, has a freely unlockable bootloader, sense isn't bloated! DUnDUNDUN.

But yeah, any time a company is humbled they come out with their best stuff. Sony did it with the PS3 and Nintendo will soon do the same probably, HTC done did it, etc...

lol Nintendo

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
i predict a price collapse. i mean, i understand why they would want to price it at that rate, but ... man, they are really feelin' themselves!!!

if i were to get a tablet, it would be a
Samsung ATIV Smart PC Pro 700T

I'd hope so, but the prices outside of the Nexus don't seem to be going that way. Plus other Android prices seem to be high or higher even post Nexus pricing.

I'm not asking for a $100 iPad either. Just something slightly more in line with what things should cost to really hit mass market. $299 is a sweet spot for a small, but not to small tablet IMO.

lol Nintendo

Nintendo is hard to say as the Wii and DS sold like gangbusters even if the stock price has tanked of the last few years. They had mixed messaging. The key will be where does humbled Nintendo go from here after the Wii-U.

PS: I currently love my 3ds which is another reason I haven't rushed to grab a tablet yet. That takes up a lot of my portable time.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
3DS is amazing (although I do still hope they redesign it to be as sexy as the DS Lite was), and MH3U is consuming my entire life right now. 80 hours in and I've barely scratched the surface.

Pctx

Banned
Hey you mother bitches. Got myself a Nexus 4 on my time off and the thing is boss. X phone stuff coming in 2 weeks or less.

Cipherr

Hey you mother bitches. Got myself a Nexus 4 on my time off and the thing is boss. X phone stuff coming in 2 weeks or less.

iNOAewv.jpg

MiKeD

Banned
Anyone have a clue on how much it would cost me to get my internal speaker fixed (I got a Sony Ericsson X10 MiniPro)? I can't hear anyone when I'm trying to have a conversation but when I put them on loudspeaker, I can.

I called the store where I bought the device and I'd have to pay €40 in 'research costs' if I wouldn't agree with the eventual fixing costs. That's why I'm hoping someone here could give an estimate? Would be GREATLY appreciated.

Still hoping that someone could provide me an answer, if possible. Thanks.

As a junior member how did you escape a perma ban? Normally if you screw up as a junior that it, you're gone. Or have they juniored you on return from your ban?

MarkusRJR

God damn. Just as I was set on buying an S4 my carrier (Koodo) decides to get the Nexus 4 16gb model. The only reason I wasn't looking at getting a Nexus 4 was the requirement of a credit card to purchase it. Hmph.

Get a Nexus 4 for $400 or S4 for $600 or $650?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
God damn. Just as I was set on buying an S4 my carrier (Koodo) decides to get the Nexus 4 16gb model. The only reason I wasn't looking at getting a Nexus 4 was the requirement of a credit card to purchase it. Hmph.

Get a Nexus 4 for $400 or S4 for $600 or $650?

IMO Nexus. S4 is good, but it's not going to be like a $250 better experience.

I just upgraded my Galaxy S2 from ICS to Jelly Bean through Samsung Kies. I have two problems with Jelly Bean so far. One is there is no shortcut creation option. Before on ICS I use to be able to make shortcuts to certain things, like battery status or data usage when you go to add app/widget/change wallpaper option, but now that is simply gone. Why? I don't see these shortcuts or widgets in the apps and widgets menu either.

Also every time my 4g or 3g switch back to one another when there is no service, my wifi automatically connects. I don't want my WIFI to automatically connect if there is no service but I don't see any option to disable this either.

Appreciate any help with these issues.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
I just upgraded my Galaxy S2 from ICS to Jelly Bean through Samsung Kies. I have two problems with Jelly Bean so far. One is there is no shortcut creation option. Before on ICS I use to be able to make shortcuts to certain things, like battery status or data usage when you go to add app/widget/change wallpaper option, but now that is simply gone. Why? I don't see these shortcuts or widgets in the apps and widgets menu either.

Also every time my 4g or 3g switch back to one another when there is no service, my wifi automatically connects. I don't want my WIFI to automatically connect if there is no service but I don't see any option to disable this either.

Appreciate any help with these issues.

There's a shortcut for "Settings" in the Widget drawer. Put it on the home screen and then it will ask you to pick a specific settings page to link to.

There's a shortcut for "Settings" in the Widget drawer. Put it on the home screen and then it will ask you to pick a specific settings page to link to.

Thanks I will try that. One other thing that is annoying me about Jelly Bean VS ICS, is that in ICS when you clicked on the digital clock, it gave you the clock settings as well as the option to set an alarm. Now that is gone, the digital clock is static and non clickable. Arghhh, any work arounds to this?

Right now I honestly wish I can rollback to ICS. I am not liking Jelly Bean at all. Maybe its better for phablets/tablets, but I preferred ICS on my smartphone.

(lol as of writing this found another change. The old weather app on ICS would be able to show the 5 days ahead, now this one only shows 5 days if you click on it. Any way to make it show 5 days in the 4x2 screen again? -_- )

should I return my note 2 and get an HTC One?

Depends. The One is a better phone. But it's not the same category as a Note 2 which is a "phablet". A lot of this comes down to stuff like will you use the stylus and how important is true productivity on a smart phone for you (editing word documents, spreadsheets etc). If not then go One. You won't regret it.

kinggroin

Banned
Depends. The One is a better phone. But it's not the same category as a Note 2 which is a "phablet". A lot of this comes down to stuff like will you use the stylus and how important is true productivity on a smart phone for you (editing word documents, spreadsheets etc). If not then go One. You won't regret it.

The big pluses for me with this phone is screen size and the ability to take notes during a call.

That's it. Overall I'm very satisfied with it, but a little upset about not being on 4.2.2 (I'm seriously missing my lock screen widgets and enhanced notification drawer).

I hate the materials on this thing though. Its been 12 days and the side "chrome" is already beginning to wear. And its in a case!!

The big pluses for me with this phone is screen size and the ability to take notes during a call.

That's it. Overall I'm very satisfied with it, but a little upset about not being on 4.2.2 (I'm seriously missing my lock screen widgets and enhanced notification drawer).

I hate the materials on this thing though. Its been 12 days and the side "chrome" is already beginning to wear. And its in a case!!

The One is still on 4.1.2 and no one knows when it will be updated.

Well, looks like it's time to go and find out what happens when I put a China Mobile SIM in my Verizon Note II. See ya guys around! <3

If it's the latest version of Android you miss you should either have a Nexus device, or root. The One is 4.1 and I'm not even sure if the lock screen on the S4 will be customizable with widgets. (Is that in a review somewhere?)

buhdeh

I love that the HTC One is making so many iPhone users switch, haha.

Hope HTC does well with the One. Would be sad to see them go considering they seem to fill a gap that other Android OEMs aren't serving.

bob page

Well, for what it's worth, I think a lot of people in general are switching from iOS to Android at the moment. I just switched from a 4S to the GS3 last month after having owned every iPhone since 2007.

Share the stories bro. Got some buddies switching over?

I got my brother who's a long time Iphone user to switch to the HTC One....I didn't really convinces him...

He's a total android newbie, at first I was trying to convince him to get the S4 for he can be blown away with all the feature and capability. But he actually did he's own research and was swayed to get the One.

He's main thing was that he's not about to buy a plastic phone and said it looked like my S3.

I told him that the button placement of the One might be weird cause it only has 2 buttons, and the S4 might be easier to use cause it has 3.....but he said..."Iphone got 1 button, I'll manage with 2 ....screw plastic...."

I told him about the replaceable battery and SD card slot, he's respond.."I don't need more sh*t to buy"

He actually got the One earlier than me, so far hes been satisfied. He ask me about group chat like the Imessage....I didn't know what to tell him LOL....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom