• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinggroin

Banned
If it's the latest version of Android you miss you should either have a Nexus device, or root.

Well yeah man, this isn't my first roday-o. Had to give up my gnex moving over to T-Mobile from Verizon and figured I'd give the best touchwiz device a shot.

AOSP roms arent exactly represented in their best form outside of nexus devices however, so I'm sticking with TW ROMs and just theming to remove as much ugly as possible. Besides, getting a note 2 and then going aosp seems like a huge waste of the phone's potential.

I'll play with the ONE in store and see how I like going to an LCD display and smaller screen, otherwise like I said, I really am happy with what I have at the moment. I'm sure Samsung will update to 4.2 or KLP soon enough anyway.

I got my brother who's a long time Iphone user to switch to the HTC One....I didn't really convinces him...

He's a total android newbie, at first I was trying to convince him to get the S4 for he can be blown away with all the feature and capability. But he actually did he's own research and was swayed to get the One.

He's main thing was that he's not about to buy a plastic phone and said it looked like my S3.

I told him that the button placement of the One might be weird cause it only has 2 buttons, and the S4 might be easier to use cause it has 3.....but he said..."Iphone got 1 button, I'll manage with 2 ....screw plastic...."

I told him about the replaceable battery and SD card slot, he's respond.."I don't need more sh*t to buy"

He actually got the One earlier than me, so far hes been satisfied. He ask me about group chat like the Imessage....I didn't know what to tell him LOL....

Google Talk doesn't do group chat? It's built into every android device and can be used across all platforms, not just phone to phone.

Husker86

He wanted something like imessage to send group text message...

Can't he just use the stock messaging app? I can't remember when Android finally added it, but my Nexus 4 can do group messaging like the iPhone (all replies in one thread). Hopefully that just isn't a 4.2 feature. I know Motorola had it in their skin even on ICS so maybe HTC did the same if it isn't in 4.1.

mturco

Can't he just use the stock messaging app? I can't remember when Android finally added it, but my Nexus 4 can do group messaging like the iPhone (all replies in one thread). Hopefully that just isn't a 4.2 feature. I know Motorola had it in their skin even on ICS so maybe HTC did the same if it isn't in 4.1.

It is a 4.2+ feature. But yeah, some manufacturers add it.

reKon

Banned
Whether it's S4 or HTC One, the one ROM feature that I MUST have is ability to skip tracks by holding down the volume rocker. I don't need a custom rom or anything though, just this mod. I swear I'd pay someone on XDA to do this shit for me.

Groof

Well, for what it's worth, I think a lot of people in general are switching from iOS to Android at the moment. I just switched from a 4S to the GS3 last month after having owned every iPhone since 2007.

I have to agree with this. I was surprised yesterday when my friend's fiancee, who doesn't really give two shits about tech, started talking about how everything other than iOS had made progress over the years with iPhones staying pretty much the same and how other phones are now just as good, if not better than an iPhone.

pretty sure all the major OEM handsets handle group messages since like Froyo or GB, and even the Nexus line does now with JB.

All he's friends uses Imessage ...LOL

iavi

I have upgrades coming in July, anything great on the horizon for Verizon?

I'm in the same boat, and the S4 is all that's really confirmed for the overexpensiveRed at this point. The HTC one doesn't look like it's coming (at least, not as the HTC one everybody loves, but probably as some bastardized droid variant), and after the events of the Gnex, I highly doubt the Xphone is going to hit Verizon.

I'm waiting on that Xphone announcement, but it's looking like I'll be heading back to Sprint.

sammich

So since i jumped form my Iphone to my ZL its taken a little bit for me to get used to basic functionality/ease of use that i thought every phone would have but is missing. I dont mind lock screen notifications missing even though its annoying BUT

Im putting music onto my phone, in its own directory on the SD card. The phone doesnt recognize the directory at all and put its under one heading Music. On top of that if i want to make a playlist i have to go through the WHOLE DAMN LISTING and select each one individually through the playlist. The other option is i go to the main Music listing and hold down on the song and then input it to the playlist. Who thought of this shit?

So i tried using the Sony software to see if that helps. It didnt recognize anything that was on the phone in the first place. So ok, I created a playlist, added songs to the playlist, copied everything to the phone. Not only does this software created a folder for each damn song, it still doesnt show up on the phone under the playlist. It doesnt even show the playlist. W T H.

Soooo.. are there any decent apps that i can use to make my music life a lot less miserable? There were a number of non-itunes tools for the iphone.

So since i jumped form my Iphone to my ZL its taken a little bit for me to get used to basic functionality/ease of use that i thought every phone would have but is missing. I dont mind lock screen notifications missing even though its annoying BUT

Im putting music onto my phone, in its own directory on the SD card. The phone doesnt recognize the directory at all and put its under one heading Music. On top of that if i want to make a playlist i have to go through the WHOLE DAMN LISTING and select each one individually through the playlist. The other option is i go to the main Music listing and hold down on the song and then input it to the playlist. Who thought of this shit?

So i tried using the Sony software to see if that helps. It didnt recognize anything that was on the phone in the first place. So ok, I created a playlist, added songs to the playlist, copied everything to the phone. Not only does this software created a folder for each damn song, it still doesnt show up on the phone under the playlist. It doesnt even show the playlist. W T H.

Soooo.. are there any decent apps that i can use to make my music life a lot less miserable? There were a number of non-itunes tools for the iphone.

it's not sorted by the embedded music tags?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Been a while so it is time to play show off your home or lock screen again. Don't be n00b's and forget to quote post!

7wr9k.jpg

I could live with an N4 with bigger battery. It's a real slick looking device imo.
would be a nice thing to add until the other phones come out later in the year but for some reason I doubt they'll add a bigger battery. Who knows what kind of bump it would be. It would be nice if they plan to move to 16/32 for the future of cheap unlocked devices instead of 8/16 though.

Also as for homescreen, I'll just post the one I posted in the other thread:

reKon

Banned
would be a nice thing to add until the other phones come out later in the year but for some reason I doubt they'll add a bigger battery. Who knows what kind of bump it would be. It would be nice if they plan to move to 16/32 for the future of cheap unlocked devices instead of 8/16 though.

Also as for homescreen, I'll just post the one I posted in the other thread:

dat 1080p screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom