• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

thuway

I guess the 5 Nexus rumour is dead. I wanted the Sony Odin at 5 inches OLED. I kinda wish Sammy would make a Note Nexus as well. Dat 5.5 inches :-O

Nicktendo86

TN screen. Same internals as the half year old N7. 8GB.

New Nexus back looks ugly in the photos (though it may just be the flash making it look bad). Headphone jack on top OMG why.

my predicition is only 1 new Nexus this fall.... then early next year we'll see the other manufacturers come out with their own.

I really like the back, think it looks interesting. Better than the ugly grey of my gnexus anyway! Mind you I always slip on a cool mesh case anyway...

malyce

why is the ear speaker and the FFC at the very top of the device if they're not gonna use that wasted space/bezel? why not just make the screen 5"?

ep85

I personally like plastic better than glass for the back of the phone.

At least LG is growing into its own designs as opposed to being a knockoff of Samsung phones.

gcubed

I personally like plastic better than glass for the back of the phone.

At least LG is growing into its own designs as opposed to being a knockoff of Samsung phones.

if these pics are anything to go by it looks like Google is dictating the Nexus design

why is the ear speaker and the FFC at the very top of the device if they're not gonna use that wasted space/bezel? why not just make the screen 5"?

thats a question the world would like answered

ep85

if these pics are anything to go by it looks like Google is dictating the Nexus design

Besides the rounded edges, it looks just like the Optimus G. And LG is going with this holographic texture thing (as seen on the Vu II and Optimus G).

Nicktendo86

Besides the rounded edges, it looks just like the Optimus G. And LG is going with this holographic texture thing (as seen on the Vu II and Optimus G).

The bottom bezel looks very gnexus like, I wouldn't be surprised if google did make certain requests withthe design. The gnexus also looked very different from the gs2 or gs3 so I doubt Samsung had full control over the design.

reKon

Banned
There has to be a legitimate reason to keep the bezel that big.. If the screen size is 4.7, this will just make for a longer/wider phone... Maybe it's related to the radios that are packed inside?

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
There has to be a legitimate reason to keep the bezel that big.. If the screen size is 4.7, this will just make for a longer/wider phone... Maybe it's related to the radios that are packed inside?

FCC docs says it's pentaband HSPA. I dunno though

Talon

So you don't unintentionally constantly hit something on the touchscreen...

Your bezel-less future will never arrive.

I don't mind me some bezel, but the bottom bezel seems to be larger than the Tuna. That's slightly disappointing.

Hopefully since this is the first nexus without an OLED the LCD will be state-of-the-art.

Nicktendo86

I don't mind me some bezel, but the bottom bezel seems to be larger than the Tuna. That's slightly disappointing.

Hopefully since this is the first nexus without an OLED the LCD will be state-of-the-art.
I think it may be slightly deceptive and the navbar might be smaller. Please please please Google let the navbar size be adjustable in the stock ROM!

Nicktendo86

Yeah, the navbar stuff has me missing AOKP since I upgraded to stock jelly bean.

Yep, I'm running aokp jelly bean version 4, only because of adjustable navbar and toggles in pull down. If Google added those there would be no reason for me to use aokp rather than stock.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Firefox 16 get!! :p

PS: Google you need to take note. Mozilla updates their mobile version in tandem with the desktop version.

It's not a Nexus if it's on Verizon.

Did I miss something? When have I ever said anything about Verizon. Wouldn't go near anything Verizon...

I sure hope that none of these would be a Verizon exclusive...

Just hoping the GSM version has LTE, dunno if that's possible or what...

i roll with AT&T for those that are wondering.

gcubed

Did I miss something? When have I ever said anything about Verizon. Wouldn't go near anything Verizon...

I sure hope that none of these would be a Verizon exclusive...

Just hoping the GSM version has LTE, dunno if that's possible or what...

i roll with AT&T for those that are wondering.

i think he made the assumption that if you were worried about LTE you're talking about Verizon

Swag

Is it possible to reduce the amount of space taken up by CWM on my internal SD card? Down to 3gb/11gb on my S3 and it's mostly due to the CWM folder ( 4.7gb ) but I'm not sure what I can mess with in there without loosing my Sammy Rom Backup / CM10 backup.

i think he made the assumption that if you were worried about LTE you're talking about Verizon

aah yes. I'm just worried that any Nexus being sold in the play store will try to skip LTE this go around. I hope that's not the case.

This multiband LTE sure is creating some sort of wacky fiasco. Hopefully they have some new fangled tech in the works where they can get all radios on every phone.

i think right now there are only so many slots they can put that stuff

which is why there are three iphones with this new version.

tino

Banned
aah yes. I'm just worried that any Nexus being sold in the play store will try to skip LTE this go around. I hope that's not the case.

This multiband LTE sure is creating some sort of wacky fiasco. Hopefully they have some new fangled tech in the works where they can get all radios on every phone.

i think right now there are only so many slots they can put that stuff

which is why there are three iphones with this new version.

Don't think its possible to make 1 phone that support all the LTE frequencies. Maybe they will do what Apple did to iPhone 5.

Pctx

Banned
Here are many pics taken with that mystery LG nexus device, they follow the Nexus tradition of having sub-par cameras:

https://plus.google.com/photos/115023913722525358882/albums/5768890310897516577?banner=pwa

oh+my+god+this+is+the+best+gif+ever+_ad2a341091aed8e8b6ce6c5f5e66cc8b.gif

gcubed

I have a hard time believing those are genuine as it would make the camera worse than the Galaxy Nexus.

yeah, i dont believe that at all, it would be markedly worse then the Gnex and if they are saying its a 13mp camera there are plenty of Optimus G sample shots out there with the 13mp camera

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
One lucky Japanese customer gets 32GB Nexus 7 shipment before announcement
i9nQhiHtFUuGd.jpg

While it’s widely considered an iterative move for Google to expand its tablet offering to include a 32GB version of the Nexus 7, it looks like other things are at play here. Rumours of a $99 8GB version could mean that the 32GB could take over the $249 spot, bringing the 16GB version down to $199, just in time for Apple to launch its iPad mini.
Makes sense to me, although the price disparity between the $99 and $199 model would be a little too large imo.

SimleuqiR

Can't have 5 devices with Google on the back can we now

Sure. Why not?
"With Google" just doesn't sound very Nexus to me. Let's hope if there are multiple Nexii phones that they are all truly updated through Google. And even then one phone might get updates faster vs the other.

This phone looks a lot like the Galaxy Nexus from the front, only difference being is the earphone speaker is place much higher on the face. But it's keeping a very similar look.

Don't forget that the Galaxy Nexus 2 rumours, or the updated Galaxy Nexus rumours, whatever you want to call it, were pretty evident.

So that makes at least 2 quite reliable nexus devices, this LG phone, and the updated GN. And then there have been the few rumours about others throughout the months. So yeah it's still something that is a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom