• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

elsk

Banned
Don't forget that the Galaxy Nexus 2 rumours, or the updated Galaxy Nexus rumours, whatever you want to call it, were pretty evident.

So that makes at least 2 quite reliable nexus devices, this LG phone, and the updated GN. And then there have been the few rumours about others throughout the months. So yeah it's still something that is a possibility.

I really want to get more info about that. I'm worried about Google dropping the current Galaxy Nexus when they announce the LG Nexus :( I don't like LG, but I'm not sure if I should get the current Gnex with all the rumors going crazy now.

agreed "with Google" sounds a little too mytouch3g if you ask me, but I still think there will be multiple Nexii (damn i hate that word)

according to rumors here is probably what's likely.
LG Yes
Sammy Yes
HTC Maybe
Motorola No (unless you count droid-life's rumor/speculation)
Sony No

and I know that Sony has been rumored, but I think that just stems from their additions to AOSP and from the Sony Xperia being added to AOSP as an experimental device.

it's quite an old device to be honest. wonder how that experiment is going.

The phone seems wider than the Galaxy Nexus, doesn't it?

it seems super fucking wide to me. and it doesn't look like it curves either. but damn if that back isn't sexy as fuck. (in a cursing mood today)

gcubed

I really want to get more info about that. I'm worried about Google dropping the current Galaxy Nexus when they announce the LG Nexus :( I don't like LG, but I'm not sure if I should get the current Gnex with all the rumors going crazy now.

the tmobile Nexus S still gets updates at the same time as the GNex

Ephemeris

I'd just wait and see. What 'Cubed is saying, is that if you don't wait, you shouldn't have to worry about support being dropped for the GNex

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
That's a ugly phone. Even if it's supported by Google, it'll still be neglected.

elsk

Banned
I can't complain on the design. Could be better, but it looks sleek enough.

What about the specs?

CPU: core quad ARMv7 1.5GHz
RAM: 2 GB
Memory: 8GB (and I haven't found SD slot)
GPU: Adreno 320
Android version: JellyBeanMR1
Kernel 3.4.0
Screen: 768x1184 (320 dpi)

Specs are beastly. But what about that battery. Someone best find out!

I'm not a big storage user on my phone. I use my ipod and the cloud mostly for big files. So 8/16 would be fine for me.

buhdeh

I love the design. A little unambitious but I'd rather have safe than something like the S3.

I'm probably the only one happy for an 8GB model too. Hope that means it's CHEAP cause my 6GB LTE plan lets me live in the glorious cloud.

tino

Banned
Another Nexus with no sd slot? google can fuck right off.

You know how most of the time the hardware manufacturers interests are not align with your interests, thats why the hardware specs for whatever gadgets you want to buy are always a little bit off. Google has officially got off the deep end. I can handle virtual buttons that take up useful screen space but taking away the sd slot again and again to prevent me from using the mSD card: google has gone too far.

I am glad the Chinese government has made google promised to keep android open for the next few years when they purchased Motorola. At least somebody else can make proper Android hardware, because google obviously can't.

New Opera mobile is pretty good, improved since I last used it. Some sites are still messed up though like mobile Facebook and Bing, but Google has improved and the speed of the browser is nice.

Talon

Very nice, just hope they don't skimp on the battery (stock nexus battery was arse, the extended 2100mah was pretty much a necessity). I want at least 5hrs of screen on time before recharging. 32gb of memory and I'm sold.
You have low standards, friend.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Awesome. I also wish they would allow for multiple expanded notifications at once and not just for the top item.

I know in the video above he just showed that, but only the first notification is expanded by default while others are not.
Yeah. I wish there was a button to collaspe all/expand all.

jokkir

Is the only new feature in 4.1.2 the one finger collapsable notification thing? Not sure if I should update now or wait until CM10 gets updated.

So you don't unintentionally constantly hit something on the touchscreen...

Your bezel-less future will never arrive.

I never understood this. Who holds their phone (especially a phone this large) just by the grabbing the bottom or top bezel? Everyone I've seen holds it by wrapping their hand around the back.

Talon

I never understood this. Who holds their phone (especially a phone this large) just by the grabbing the bottom or top bezel? Everyone I've seen holds it by wrapping their hand around the back.
That's how you hold it most of the time, but don't kid yourself by thinking that's the only way it's ever held. Whether it's flipping out of your pocket, picking up off the table, watching video, etc., there are plenty of times that you hold the phone by the top or bottom bezel.

That's how you hold it most of the time, but don't kid yourself by thinking that's the only way it's ever held. Whether it's flipping out of your pocket, picking up off the table, watching video, etc., there are plenty of times that you hold the phone by the top or bottom bezel.

I can understand taking it out of your pocket but the phone would be off so it doesn't matter if you touch the screen. Don't understand picking up off the table though... holding it that way to watch a video would be tiring and higher chance of dropping it. I guess it's all IMO.

I use my iphone sometimes by only holding the bottom half rather than wrapping my hands around it.
Iphone is small enough and has a huge bottom bezel (in proportion to the total phone length) so I can see that.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
If there is anyone from Google reading this, I NEED A FUCKING MICROSD SLOT IN MY FUCKING NEXUS. FUCKING.

No thanks. What a pain it is to have two separate storage spots. I miss my 32 GB GN for this reason when using my SD equipped Note.

elsk

Banned
Yeah, I don't like microSD on smartphones. But the phone should be 16GB minimum, unless they're planning on selling the 8GB version for 199$ or something like that.

If there is anyone from Google reading this, I NEED A FUCKING MICROSD SLOT IN MY FUCKING NEXUS. FUCKING.

Quoted For Truth

stop fucking around...

ok i admit i'm asking for the best specs and hardware money can buy...

but the least you could do THE LEAST YOU COULD DO is give me some usable space. i can't even download any games on my one x because i keep running out of damn space because of pics and videos...

cloud is not efficient enough for mainstream use yet. stop trying to force it.

i mean it's not like you are going to spend money on the camera...give me a damn micro sd slot.

you could give me 4 gb on board as long as i get a damn micro sd slot

malyce

No thanks. What a pain it is to have two separate storage spots. I miss my 32 GB GN for this reason when using my SD equipped Note.

Sadly, some people don't see it this way. I'm cool with 16/32GB versions, fuck a micro sd slot. It's tacky and a bit of a hassle... well to me at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom