• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate these phone mockups with super thin bezels. Completely unrealistic.
yeah like this one :p

MYucaqv.jpg

?

Anyway I didn't think I'd ever say it, but that thing has way too little bezel. I like to be able to grip my phone without constantly being afraid that I'm touching the screen. I know mock ups don't have to be practical, but still.

I was saying that even if that mockup looked good (it doesn't, IMO), the default Android icon set would ruin the look, because the icons are really, really ugly.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
So is there an LTE Nexus 4 coming soon? I think I read that on gaf, but I'm not sure what the rumor is. I'm finally selling off my N1 and moving on up to whatever the latest Nexus is. But if there is a new one around the corner, I could wait a bit.

So is there an LTE Nexus 4 coming soon? I think I read that on gaf, but I'm not sure what the rumor is. I'm finally selling off my N1 and moving on up to whatever the latest Nexus is. But if there is a new one around the corner, I could wait a bit.
rumours of an LTE nexus 4 for i/o were out there. Other than that the next nexus phone or x phone is likely for august/sept/oct.

nothing 100%

I didn't think I'd ever say it, but that thing has way too little bezel. I like to be able to grip my phone without constantly being afraid that I'm touching the screen.

Oh, you just articulated my problem with my Galaxy S III. Too little bezel makes me accidentally touch the screen. I couldn't find the words to explain it before...

The solution to that problem is a case, maybe a bumper case.

You doubters will be eating some piping hot crow here soon.
lol you kill me man, kill me. I don't understand why we have to wait "within 9 days". Why not just drop some shit? I don't understand how this works. Or do you know that someone else will specifically leak something at a specific date, which is weird and makes no sense. Or are you just saying it knowing the odds of x phone info coming out within the next 2 weeks is high.

I/O is in two weeks right? I guess I can wait that out and see if they announce a new Nexus or an updated N4.
yeah it is, might as well wait mang.

buhdeh

So I just got a wireless Samsung printer. It's fucking hilarious how bad Samsung's mobile print app is. I can't believe these guys were even able to skin Android. There is a legacy menu button that has no effect. And for a grid of icons, the app is insanely laggy and just all around fuck ugly but I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Talon

So I just got a wireless Samsung printer. It's fucking hilarious how bad Samsung's mobile print app is. I can't believe these guys were even able to skin Android. There is a legacy menu button that has no effect. And for a grid of icons, the app is insanely laggy and just all around fuck ugly but I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
Printer software is clearly like the worst level of software, right next to open source anti-virus and Installation Wizards.

buhdeh

You mean swiftkey? Mostly that it's doesn't seem to know how to handle apostrophes or names at all. A lot of bad predictions come up and I spend more time fixing the autocorrections than having my errors fixed. Also, the latest bug in which it autocorrects things in the address bar in Chrome and completely fucks everything up.

i.e. I'll type "im" the highlight for imdb.com comes up. I press space and it'll autocorrect to I'm then ALSO autocomplete imdb.com so now I end up with "I'm db.com" in the address bar.

You mean swiftkey? Mostly that it's doesn't seem to know how to handle apostrophes or names at all. A lot of bad predictions come up and I spend more time fixing the autocorrections than having my errors fixed. Also, the latest bug in which it autocorrects things in the address bar in Chrome and completely fucks everything up.

i.e. I'll type "im" the highlight for imdb.com comes up. I press space and it'll autocorrect to I'm then ALSO autocomplete imdb.com so now I end up with "I'm db.com" in the address bar.
Ah yeah that can be annoying I guess if you run into it a lot.
It's probably DDR5 so it's fine.
Lol probably.

I want to go on record to say I don't believe a word pctx and you can take that to the bank.

There might be a new phone but sure no one outside of Google knows what its about right now.

I was saying that even if that mockup looked good (it doesn't, IMO), the default Android icon set would ruin the look, because the icons are really, really ugly.

Couldn't disagree more. That said if they get a redesign in 4.3 or whatever the next version of Android is called I won't be upset. Unless the redesign is terrible of course.

Does anyone find it surprising that there have been no proper hardware leaks of rumored upcoming Nexus devices? And no logs showing up strange code names as happened with the Nexus 4 and Nexus 10 prior to their announcement? Despite how close I/O is? I'd have thought that more detailed N7 refresh details would emerge from the supply chain such as pictures of casings. I know there's still more than 2 weeks until the conference but the lack of follow up on some of the original rumors is making me skeptical that a Nexus 7 refresh is coming at this I/O.

Couldn't disagree more. That said if they get a redesign in 4.3 or whatever the next version of Android is called I won't be upset. Unless the redesign is terrible of course.

Does anyone find it surprising that there have been no proper hardware leaks of rumored upcoming Nexus devices? And no logs showing up strange code names as happened with the Nexus 4 and Nexus 10 prior to their announcement? Despite how close I/O is? I'd have thought that more detailed N7 refresh details would emerge from the supply chain such as pictures of casings. I know there's still more than 2 weeks until the conference but the lack of follow up on some of the original rumors is making me skeptical that a Nexus 7 refresh is coming at this I/O.

One of the primary reasons I don't believe any of the rumours android police is usually good with picking up these things and they have seen nothing bar Android 4.3. Yes especially why I don't believed pctx

In fairness the most recent rumors of a refresh point to a July release date. Were that the case there would be very little opportunity outside of Google for any kind of hardware leak particularly if mass production has yet to begin. However that in itself makes me skeptical that a refreshed N7 would make an appearance at I/O. Announcing a product 2 months before release makes it difficult to create an ongoing sense of momentum and excitement in the time period between announce and launch, particularly when WWDC and potential new iPad hardware may be announced, or launched during that window. Guess we'll see soon enough.

lol you kill me man, kill me. I don't understand why we have to wait "within 9 days". Why not just drop some shit? I don't understand how this works. Or do you know that someone else will specifically leak something at a specific date, which is weird and makes no sense. Or are you just saying it knowing the odds of x phone info coming out within the next 2 weeks is high.

yeah it is, might as well wait mang.

To be fair I said within 9 days, he said 2-2.5 weeks on the 21st.

MarkusRJR

rumours of an LTE nexus 4 for i/o were out there. Other than that the next nexus phone or x phone is likely for august/sept/oct.

nothing 100%
Wait so only LTE? I got scared it'd add legitimate spec increases or a redesign. I just purchased my Nexus 4 today but my carrier doesn't even have LTE so idc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom